PVE in Warhammer ?

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Anyone have any clue how the PVE system in Warhammer will be ? Is it DaoC style, with huge PVE areas and a frontier for RVR or a rather small area, like starter areas for PVE and rest for RvR ? I personally think they should make more PvE areas and scale down on the RvR a bit from what ive heard.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
I think we have found someone that is more interested in WARs pve than rvr lol. You have to accept fact its mainly a rvr game m8, theres plenty of mainly pve mmos out there so we all excited for a mmo that has rvr as main focus. TBH if they cut back on the rvr in favour of pve they will lose many many many ppls interest.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
I think we have found someone that is more interested in WARs pve than rvr lol. You have to accept fact its mainly a rvr game m8, theres plenty of mainly pve mmos out there so we all excited for a mmo that has rvr as main focus. TBH if they cut back on the rvr in favour of pve they will lose many many many ppls interest.

You cant knock the pvers, they get the stuff that goes into your uber template of doom.I like a bit of pve when the rvr is crap, helps me unwind

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
There will be plenty space and opportunities to PvE, but yes as people say and you can see from the podcasts that the PvE areas grow smaller the higher tier areas you come to.

But then again, WAR is an RvR and team based game so might just aswell suit up for that now already

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Remember that RvR in WAR includes PvE as well as PvP. In fact you can be doing both at the same time. RvR in WAR is throughout the entire game, it's not like RvR in DAoC where you need to be in certain places to take part in it.

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
I think its too early to say if the RvR areas need pushing down a little, from the demo's I saw at the GamesDay, the areas had already been laid out pretty well.

Req, are they likely to make PVP only servers right away?

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
You mean like Camlann? An everyone versus everyone else server? I very much doubt that there will be a server like that at all. The only server types so far confirmed are regular servers and roleplay servers. It's possible that other types will be announced later - even after release - but for now I wouldn't expect there to be a PvP only server.

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
Ah ok, so there is likely to be RP Servers, I only ask as a number of the guild I'm in are somewhat Carebears and from our time on Camlann, a number of them moaned about being somewhat 'spawn camped' :D

How you finding ireland? :D fancy trying LOTRO? :D

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
You mean like Camlann? An everyone versus everyone else server? I very much doubt that there will be a server like that at all. The only server types so far confirmed are regular servers and roleplay servers. It's possible that other types will be announced later - even after release - but for now I wouldn't expect there to be a PvP only server.

i really dont think theres any need for a pvp only server. theres more then enough pvp on the regular servers to meet any of those ppl's demands.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Played WoW for a day, and i never got into it... but War seems interesting enough to give a try. And i spose they would add more pve areas along the way.

V

Vortigon

Dont bet on them adding more along the way....if its PVE your looking for then on the whole you'll be in the minority and dissapointed (unless you also like PVP)

guid0

Fledgling Freddie
imo the people who base their pve experience with daoc have a very narrow view on whether its good or bad. I find endgame pve something fun and wow showed that it can be competitive (sp?), though! i agree that it gets damn repetitive (sp?) after the first few times you conquer a specific encounter.
I also think that a successfull mmo will need both aspects, and the thing that makes war unique compared to all the previous ones is that the pvp seems to be the base where everything is built on and not some separate minigame as it is in wow/lotro.

crispy

Can't get enough of FH

Well would make pretty much sence to not include the daoc type pvp servers, with the warhammer IP and all :>

Shame tho :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Dont bet on them adding more along the way....if its PVE your looking for then on the whole you'll be in the minority and dissapointed (unless you also like PVP)

they DO cater for both sides you know... the pve areas are even bigger then the pvp areas, so all those that wont like zerg warfare and loads of roaming space is REALLY not gonna like it :)

besides. they stole ideas from WoW battlegrounds fgs.. how horribly sad is that? saw a vid where they waited for a opposite team for a good 10 minutes before anything happened.

DAoC battlegrounds may have had its flaws but at least u didn't have to wait.

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
they DO cater for both sides you know... the pve areas are even bigger then the pvp areas, so all those that wont like zerg warfare and loads of roaming space is REALLY not gonna like it :)

The PVE areas in the Tiers 1 - 4 shrink as you move from up from Tier 1 - 4, the PVP areas expand in size. This is warhammer, not PVEhammer ;) However I don't know what the initial sizes are and therefore what the final PVE/PVP area sizes are like in respect to each other when you reach Tier 4. There is a very good video on www.warhammerherald.com on the subject.

We have no idea what the city take tier is like.

besides. they stole ideas from WoW battlegrounds fgs.. how horribly sad is that? saw a vid where they waited for a opposite team for a good 10 minutes before anything happened.

The problem with DAOC was you didn't have any where to do PVP apart Frontiers, and by the time we started getting "PVE Instances" within DAOC, it was to late to add "PVP Instances" to the game, since the pull of the instances from the main frontier would have emptied the frontiers even faster.

The warhammer needs PVP instances. Since it will cater for the people with only 15 minutes spare.

Which game was having the 10 minutes wait ?

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Played WoW for a day, and i never got into it... but War seems interesting enough to give a try. And i spose they would add more pve areas along the way.

Jesus christ you pve players must have some super uber pve skills. I mean, getting 60-70 in 1 day, doing instances and bg's/arena's...and there was us mere pvp players who takes "months" to get to that sort of level.

Sorry to come down hard on you, but you dont watch 2 minutes of Star Wars and say "It's crap" or read the first chapter of "Lord of The Rings" saying it's not very good.

Load up daoc, make a new char and goto the Mygga Tower, kill some of those pesky butterflies/moths and tell me how much that compares to what Master Levels or CO5 raids are like.

I know you probably played it for more than a day, but with that type of comment you're asking for someone to post.

Bahumat

FH is my second home

You gotta be shitting me? how do you expect companies to evolve, games to develop if they stay "original"? You have to take good idea's and improve upon them. It's like when people all used the Quake engine for their games. It works, it's good, they tweaked it to how they wanted it.

Now what strikes me here is how you are complaining people had to wait...

*lets off some steam before typing*

Wow has between 6-10 million players, now we could argue about how many servers, what people are doing etc etc all day, but lets hugely under estimate.

10 million divided by 20 servers = 500k players
halve that to remove people doing instances etc.

so 250k people is still a HUGE amount. You say how Daoc bg's you never had to wait? well imagine walking into Thidranki and finding 250k players!!!!!!!!!! think how many LAAAGGG SUXOR posts there's be?

You never said "i want it to be like thid where you port in and fight, or like frontiers", but you took the No Wait element of daoc's bg's and used that in your statement, so i'll use the above.

I am currently playing wow untill warhammer comes out. I would like to be able to instantly join a bg and start running round like a crazy man, but i appreciate you will have to wait 1 minute, or maybe 4 minutes....and when it's 4am on a weeknight, you'll have to wait 10 minutes.

spondodge

Fledgling Freddie
I am currently playing wow untill warhammer comes out. I would like to be able to instantly join a bg and start running round like a crazy man, but i appreciate you will have to wait 1 minute, or maybe 4 minutes....and when it's 4am on a weeknight, you'll have to wait 10 minutes.

Which is a hell of a lot better than how it used to be... waiting like a hour or two to get in a BG on wow :)

They improved it a hell of a lot...
What you guys arguing about exactly?

I liked Paul's summary when he was asked a question comparing WOW to WAR... his reply went something like...

Wow is the beatles... no one can follow the beatles, that's the way it is. We're not even trying to follow them... WAR is like Led Zeppeling, different music, different era, different fan base with less players. But damn, we ROCK!!

heh...

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Which is a hell of a lot better than how it used to be... waiting like a hour or two to get in a BG on wow :)

They improved it a hell of a lot...
What you guys arguing about exactly?

I liked Paul's summary when he was asked a question comparing WOW to WAR... his reply went something like...

Wow is the beatles... no one can follow the beatles, that's the way it is. We're not even trying to follow them... WAR is like Led Zeppeling, different music, different era, different fan base with less players. But damn, we ROCK!!

heh...

Paul Barnett is my dad....i wish

d34k

Fledgling Freddie
Load up daoc, make a new char and goto the Mygga Tower, kill some of those pesky butterflies/moths and tell me how much that compares to what Master Levels or CO5 raids are like.

WTF, you mean those moths were not epic mobs?! They qwai'd my level 50 Thane. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom