Putting on weight and keeping it...

pip

Banned
Drink plenty of :drink:

worked for george clooney when he made is last film:)

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Thxs for the replies all.

I have one more question which relates to mainly weight lifting. What exercises should I do for targetting the whole of the upper torso (pecs). I've been doing one which targets only really the upper parts of each pec but I wanna do the bottom area and the whole part in general. Also I have a small little dip in the middle of my pecs - just at the bottom. Is that normal and how do i get rid of it (looks a little odd).

Ta in advance.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
You can't isolate the pecs at all, bodybuilding/weightlifting fact.

Some chest exercises (using shoulders or tri's as main synergists)

Flat Bench
Incline Bench
Dips
Pec Flies (crap exercise imo)

To an extent you can't alter the shape of your pecs. Just train correctly and let them grow, genetics will predispose you to a certain shape of pecs at the end of the day.

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
All I will say is if you are trying to build mass (ie muscle) is as simple as eating what you currently eat(assuming its relativley healthy) and loads more protein, and doing medium-high weights with medium-high ammount of reps, or take Darkswords advice and become an olympic weightlifter the size of a straw.

There is nothing silly about wanting too bodybuild.

Strength and Aesthistics are both equally important, remeber these days we don't have to hunt for wild boar for dinner..

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Melachi said:
All I will say is if you are trying to build mass (ie muscle) is as simple as eating what you currently eat(assuming its relativley healthy) and loads more protein, and doing medium-high weights with medium-high ammount of reps, or take Darkswords advice and become an olympic weightlifter the size of a straw.

There is nothing silly about wanting too bodybuild.

Strength and Aesthistics are both equally important, remeber these days we don't have to hunt for wild boar for dinner..

You're actually a retard. None of the lifts i mention are olympic, get a clue. I wouldnt recomend he doesnt even think about olympic lifts until he has atleast 1 year of solid lifting powerlifter style. Size is based on diet. and "size of a straw"? what?

powerlifter.jpg

Actually, whatever, tried to explain, hope you pick the right way of training and weight gain, but if you dont and end up doing 80 reps for 50 sets of curls then have fun, hope you love your arms etc, but i really dont think anyone will be impressed.

g_rtsidechst.jpg

god bless greg valentino. And aesthetics are actually a problem, fucking steroids, synthol, and bodybuilding is pathetic.

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
Darksword said:
You're actually a retard. None of the lifts i mention are olympic, get a clue. I wouldnt recomend he doesnt even think about olympic lifts until he has atleast 1 year of solid lifting powerlifter style. Size is based on diet. and "size of a straw"? what?

powerlifter.jpg

Yeah I exaggerated, but the fact is, weightlifters train to increase strenght which also leads to gaining mass of course, but the thread starter want's to gain mass.

Darksword said:
Actually, whatever, tried to explain, hope you pick the right way of training and weight gain, but if you dont and end up doing 80 reps for 50 sets of curls then have fun, hope you love your arms etc, but i really dont think anyone will be impressed.

See you exxagerate too :p

Darksword said:
g_rtsidechst.jpg

god bless greg valentino. And aesthetics are actually a problem, fucking steroids, synthol, and bodybuilding is pathetic.

Jesus synthol is a nightmare, I'm hardly telling the thread starter to get on roids or synthol crap. But bodybuilding is far from pathetic, whats wrong with wanting to look better? I'm not talking about the extremes like Ronnie Coleman. The thread name is "Puting on weight and keeping it", so I assume he want's to put on weight to look better, and theres nothing wrong with that at all, it's the same reason I get my haircut, cut my nails and have a wardrobe full of speedos (em forget the last one). I doubt he wants to put on weight simply to be heavier, cause he could just carry lead around in his pockets, what's he trying to do, break his sisters trampoline? No he want's to look better, and likes the strength that comes with it.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Do the truffle shuffle and the weight will be put on in minutes!

or do a cartman and eat Weightgain 4000! haha

Laddey

FH is my second home
Darksword said:

That guy used to go to the gym i go to, hes a fucking beast, i felt like a little weed stood next to him.

http://www.vitsdirect.co.uk/images/packs/HB-0404.jpg

Get stuff like that, weightgain milkshakes.
You can get them cheaper if you go to a proper shop, or a gym rather than a chemist, and they're tasty.
Get a big tub for about 15quid, i know you said you didn't have the money, but they last ages if you drink 2 a day.

[slim]

Fledgling Freddie
I eat loooaadds, i dont eat breakfast, probs have something aroun 11am like crisps or a sarny lol, then dinner (usually either sausage,chips,gravy or something equally as fatty) then about 2pm have chocolate and a can of coke or summat, then a sarny about 5pm, off to work, 3fags and another can of coke/dr pepper then home about 9/10pm followed by some soup and bread .. and water :)

I wonder if thats why i cant seem to Lose any weight.

19, 6'2 and about 16/5 stone :) (ex-rugby player :p)

Edit: (Built like a brick shithouse .. hence the name :))

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Laddey said:
That guy used to go to the gym i go to, hes a fucking beast, i felt like a little weed stood next to him.

http://www.vitsdirect.co.uk/images/packs/HB-0404.jpg

Get stuff like that, weightgain milkshakes.
You can get them cheaper if you go to a proper shop, or a gym rather than a chemist, and they're tasty.
Get a big tub for about 15quid, i know you said you didn't have the money, but they last ages if you drink 2 a day.

You felt intimidated by greg valentino? He is a complete freak, i've only ever seen him do tricep pull downs of 30lbs, and thats fuck all, and its on machines; machines suck.

Melachi; To gain size and to keep it isnt hard; just eat as much as you can basicly, and eat sensibly. The routines i gave are powerlifter style and they dont much care about anything but strength and size. The stereotypical powerlifter image of a hugely fat man is very false, they have that image because they eat so much, adjust your diet and you can have a very athletic appearance, and still have huge strength, dinosaur strength, to quote kubixs.

Klonk

One of Freddy's beloved
a) Every day drink a litre of chocolate milk/milkshake, and eat lots of meat. My brother plays football and had the same problem, and diet-wise, this helped him alot in gaining weight.

b) start working out with weights, and try to do 6-8 reps on each exercise, get some buff to write you a program if you don't want to make your own :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom