Purge Outlook Express!!

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Since returning to this job and this computer, I've tried to get rid of Outlook Express completely, and use Windows Live Mail. However, despite "deleting" Outlook Express using add/remove programs (its Windows XP by the way) and installing Live Mail, I cant completely get rid of Express.

When I get a forwarded email address, and click on it to reply to it, it brings up a new message box in Express, despite having Live open at the time. I expect there's some setting to use to stop this happening, but I can't find it.

Any ideas? Ta :D

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
In firefox it is under Tools > Options > Applications. Change the "mailto" to whatever program.

No idea about Internet explorer or Chrome though.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Thank you, it wasnt exactly the same but you put me on the right track and it's done now :)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
throdgrain said:
Thank you, it wasnt exactly the same but you put me on the right track and it's done now :)

Also under start, settings. Or in control panel under add remove programs there is something called default programs? Let's you choose which program is the default for internet etc. might be in there too

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom