punkbuster claims I have a duplicate guid/cdkey :/

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
anything I can do about this?

just when the game becomes semi-playable, the next bit of crap occurs :eek:

TdC

no worries, I found something and hopefully after PB updates all will be well again :)

Poag

m00?
I had the same problem TDC, it required some regedit work to fix sadly, i'll find the link for you.

Bascially when you move from the DVD to EALink it generates a bad CD key sometimes and thus, duplicates.

TdC

oho I see. I installed the game off the DVD, but afterwards I did install EAlink so maybe that fuxored it?

what I tried was a manual update of PB, but once I did that (and it did indeed update bf2142 all by itself) I got booted off twice more before I managed to get to play for an hour or so.

I also tried deleting the "Battlefield 2142" folder that lives in the "My Documents" folder, but that did fa other than making the game redo the shader optimization.

I read about that registry tweak you mentioned, but I was kinda saving that for a rainy day if all else failed.

TdC

Heya matey, yeah, that's what I had to resort to doing, as nothing else worked. Now it works fine (other than the random crashing and stuffs :/)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom