Pulp Fiction VS Kill Bill

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Something Thadious said in a previous thread was something I actually thought about last night. I've recently watched Pulp Fiction (for the 900th time) and just recently watched both Kill Bills.

Original quote:

But then Pulp Ficton > Kill Bill

Now, I'm a huge fan of Q.Ts films (Apart from Hostle) and generally liked most of them, but as most people. KB1/2 and PF stand out to be the best.. But what parts of them for you?

For me it's generally these two parts:

Pulp Ficition: The scene where Jackson gives the big speech and the ending scene in the diner.
Kill Bill 1: The whole 'Crazy 88' part.
Kill Bill 2: Last 30 minutes, where Bill is talking about life and death. (Regarding the kid)

The rule for Kill Bill was that the first one was all the action, and the second one was all the story. Taking that into account, I can't actually see if Kill Bill 2 or Pulp Fiction was better, I mean. Both were really good films, but I can't think which I'd rather watch. (If I had to pick, it would depend on if the other people have seen either, or I'd just flip for it/spend a min deciding on the likability factor in a group)

So, what was your favourite scene of each film? Which one was better? (As a film, not just because of popularity)

Hard decision.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Pulp Fiction had too many highlights to name them all.

The starting scene (from royal with cheese to the point where they´re killing the "flock of seagulls" kid.

The Vincent / Mia restaurant dialogue.

The scene in QTs house where they´re trying to get rid of the bloodstained car ("I`m the Wolf. I solve problems.")

The final scene in the restaurant.

Kill Bill had some great scenes as well. Crazy 88 of course, but also the first duel between Copperhead and Kiddo, and whenever the film "morphs" into Maga/Comic style (something I haven´t seen since "Natural Born Killers").

Which one is better?
I´d still say Pulp Fiction but I can´t say why. Maybe it´s the setting, or the fact that the dialogues are weirder.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Know i'm gonna die for this, but QT is overrated honestly.

Sure, he produces some "interesting" stuff, but mostly annoying*queue kill bill music* None of that! Stop it now!

Now, i'm not saying QT is a bad director*queue kill bill music* Stop that! Tae your hands away from the dramatic music button!....STOP IT!

But i just don't understand the fuzz around him *queue kill bill music* ARGH! That's it! You're so dead now!

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
I didn't like Kill Bill one bit.

But I loved Pulp Fiction.

Joor

Can't get enough of FH
Pulp fiction - it gets better and better with each viewing, That's something only a handful of movies can accomplish. Same with Reservoir Dogs and Natural born killers - which I think are way better movies than kill bill.
NBK is my favorite movie from the 90's - Harrelson & Lewis should have received Oscars for the performances.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Know i'm gonna die for this, but QT is overrated honestly.

Dunno if he´s overrated. I wouldn´t consider myself a QT fan.
The thing is, that he´s got the ability to write screen plays in a unique surreal-comic style way an I like that a lot.

And I agree with Joor, Natural Born Killers was a masterpiece of the 90ies.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Dunno if he´s overrated. I wouldn´t consider myself a QT fan.
The thing is, that he´s got the ability to write screen plays in a unique surreal-comic style way an I like that a lot.

And I agree with Joor, Natural Born Killers was a masterpiece of the 90ies.

Possibly a poor choice of words i guess.

Don't really have another to describe the slightly ticked off feeling i get everytime you talk about movies and someone mentions even a wiff of QT and everyone goes "Oh yes yes, he's absolutely brilliant!" no matter what their preferred genre is. I mean, don't mind the guy, good stuff all in all, but not that good really.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
i found killbill 1 pretty boring tbh, 2 was ok but has nothing on Pulp Fiction

Bullitt

One of Freddy's beloved
<snip>Now, I'm a huge fan of Q.Ts films (Apart from Hostle)</snip>

Just thought i'd mention Quentin Tarantino had pretty much fuck all to do with Hostel (i'm assuming that's the film you meant anyway :ninja:)

Solo

Fledgling Freddie
Pulp Fiction as it was a little bit more refined and didn't have the two parts which although I love them both I'd like to watch the whole film and two parts back to back is a little too long to keep my interest. Kill Bill 1 / 2 are great for watching little bits or a few scenes. Last night I only watched the final scene with Bill and I loved it.

Sadly I think this is a debate KillBill will never win, Pulp Fiction came first and in peoples minds it will stick.

The thing I like most about QT is the dialogue is so good albit not so realistic but makes up for it in coolness and everything is said for a reason.

You haven't mentioned Reservoir Dogs?
QT's first half of Dusk to Dawn was amazing then it just got ruined by RR in the second half.

edit- Yeah he didn't do anything for Hostel just introduced it, Hostel is a piece of shit and it annoys me people still hostel 2 is QT

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
You haven't mentioned Reservoir Dogs?

I'd be biased if I mentioned that film, as I prefer it to both of the others.

End of Kill Bill 2. (Last 40 min)
Crazy 88 of Kill Bill 1
Torture scene of RD
Range of scenes from PF.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Just thought i'd mention Quentin Tarantino had pretty much fuck all to do with Hostel (i'm assuming that's the film you meant anyway :ninja:)

Was executive director on first one, second one he is in charge

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Lucky noone mentioned the absolutely travesty of "Quentin Tarantino presents...Hero!" :eek:

Bullitt

One of Freddy's beloved
Was executive director on first one, second one he is in charge

Producer, ok so 'fuck all' was an exaggeration. But i'd consider Hostel 1 and 2 as Eli Roth, not Quentin Tarantino - which is being suggested in the original post. Therin lies my point.

Directors tend to be the ones 'in charge'.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Agree with bullit, they stuck his name on to get butts in seats :)

Love Pulp, do not really get Kill Bill :( I Love Reservoir dogs and one of my faves is Dusk till dawn.

Pulp > Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom