PSP question (how to watch movies)

Aada

Part of the furniture
Ok so ive heard various rumors on the net saying you can load say an episode of 24 onto the psp memory stick and watch it? true? if so how do ya go about doing it. I figure it would be great on my boring ass lunch break if i could sit there watching an episode of my fav tv shows.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
What are you having trouble with? Getting the data across or playing the video?

Aada

Part of the furniture
Well i haven't tried it as yet Nath just wondering how you go about doing it? certain format for the video etc?

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Not too sure tbh, I imagine it won't be too hard though - just try uploading a good few different format clips of a few mbs each to the memory stick and see which it plays.

I'm sure there's plenty of PSP resources of the web telling you how to do these things though.

Ono

Part of the furniture
I think the PSP plays back videos under the mp4 and 3gp formats so what you need to do is get a converter to crunch the avi or mpegs to mp4/3gp and then plonk onto the Mem Stick Pro via a card reader or USB lead.

Use to do this for my old Sony Ericsson P900 phone and it was pretty time consuming.

EDIT: check out this thread:

http://ntsc-uk.domino.org/showthread.php?t=33128

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
It's really easy. Just use this to convert any divx/xvid file.

http://www.pspvideo9.com/

Conversion depends on the file, but for the tv shows i've done (smallville, veronica mars), it's taken about an hour per episode. Basically something to do when you're not on your computer.

Ono

Part of the furniture
inactionman said:
Conversion depends on the file, but for the tv shows i've done (smallville, veronica mars), it's taken about an hour per episode. Basically something to do when you're not on your computer.
There are 2 bits which take time.

The crunching you mention - pretty much real time - so the length of the video and also the upload onto the Mem Stick Pro via USB.

I just got a little pissed off with all the waiting but it was fun for a while.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
I always have a few episodes of Spaced and Family Guy on my Mem sticks jus incase I got bored waiting for something.

I use the Sony Converter 2 I got off eBay for 99p which seems the best so far it even converts images into PSP size for you which is handy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom