[PSP/DS] WArhammer 40k- Squad Commander

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Trailer

Looks nifty and a bit more old school (fast)turn based.

(Yes a slight typo in the topic :D)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Looks a bit pants.

Why so?

I found the screenshots and video clips, as well as what i've read, to make it more towards tthe x-com, old style gaming which is a good thing.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Why so?

I found the screenshots and video clips, as well as what i've read, to make it more towards tthe x-com, old style gaming which is a good thing.

I dont know, maybe because I like the original tabletop warhammer, on the pc it is a little bit of a letdown :(

The whole numbers flying about when you damage something is a little offputting

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I dont know, maybe because I like the original tabletop warhammer, on the pc it is a little bit of a letdown :(

The whole numbers flying about when you damage something is a little offputting

Fair enough with the numbers, it is a bit "off", but it's also a strategy game so it's kinda expected.

I wouldn't compare this to the PC though, whole different when you get your "hands on" this :D

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Fair enough with the numbers, it is a bit "off", but it's also a strategy game so it's kinda expected.

I wouldn't compare this to the PC though, whole different when you get your "hands on" this :D

Dawn of War is the best game GW have been associated with, spent hours on it ;)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
If it is anything at all like Xcom I will have to buy a handheld :(

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
If it is anything at all like Xcom I will have to buy a handheld :(

the battle is real time/turn based(heh)...

It has action points, quick controls, turns based movement, interruptions etc...the usual, with usually a set timelimit to turns.

Multiplayer, i believe, is capture the flag type of gameplay.

Singleplayer is more, xcom/Jagged alliance, no timelimit, turn based, story adventure.

echome

Fledgling Freddie
Trailer

Looks nifty and a bit more old school (fast)turn based.

(Yes a slight typo in the topic :D)

I hate you.

I had almost sold my PSP but now I have to keep it and spend money on yet another game. ARGHH!!! MAY YOU FUCKING BURN IN... hmm whereever we end up... Nevermind... have a good day.

swords

Can't get enough of FH
Aah Thad, I can just imagine your attic containing old dusty models, long since abandoned to the ravages of time while you pine for the good old days... before the PC came and spoilerised everything for you!

Or maybe you still play in defiance!

I myself used to do it pre-uni, I finished, went into my old local store to see a mate who still works there (Not the best place for career prospects i'll grant you...) and ended up buying stuff to paint... it's like a nostalgia virus ffs!

On the plus side, i'm not bad at painting the minis :) Takes fucking ages though, now I know why I quit in the first place.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
By the way, from what i've heard, this game is based on the figurine playstyle more then the "story"(even if it's a BIG part and the cinematography is awesome), HIGHLY supervised by THQ, and all in all, designed to make it as a "sort of" tabletop on a handheld :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom