Ps4 pro

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Idk.... they're saying 2x the gpu power and it'll play games at 4k... yet 4k is 4x the res.....

so games are gonna run like shit at 4k?

My guess is the GT:Sport delay is gonna come with "PS4 Pro Only" attached to it, for VR at least. :)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I need a new ps anyway so gonna wait for the pro and get one.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Idk.... they're saying 2x the gpu power and it'll play games at 4k... yet 4k is 4x the res.....

so games are gonna run like shit at 4k?

My guess is the GT:Sport delay is gonna come with "PS4 Pro Only" attached to it, for VR at least. :)

My guess is the GT:Sport delay is because Polyphony.

The Pro does look a nice bit of kit, sadly I've already got a PS4 and only got a 1080p telly so it would be entirely pointless. Still want one though.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
It should give you better more consistant frame rates at 1080p

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Sounds shit to me, its less powerful than the Scorpio, it absolutely NEEDED to be equal to or greater than the Scorpio to maintain any sort of interest from me. Other stuff that made me facepalm:

- They said I can use my original PS4 to play all future PS4 games... so why the fuck would I pay £350 for slightly better visuals in the form of the PS4 Pro?
- They're updating the original PS4's firmware for HDR support - so again, why would I buy a PS4 Pro for the HDR?

Time to get me a Scorpio I reckon. Sony has fucked up here, big time.. they've basically won the first hurdle and figured we can just shovel shit into gamers mouths now, they're in for a shock.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Sounds shit to me, its less powerful than the Scorpio, it absolutely NEEDED to be equal to or greater than the Scorpio to maintain any sort of interest from me. Other stuff that made me facepalm:

- They said I can use my original PS4 to play all future PS4 games... so why the fuck would I pay £350 for slightly better visuals in the form of the PS4 Pro?
- They're updating the original PS4's firmware for HDR support - so again, why would I buy a PS4 Pro for the HDR?

Time to get me a Scorpio I reckon. Sony has fucked up here, big time.. they've basically won the first hurdle and figured we can just shovel shit into gamers mouths now, they're in for a shock.

PS Pro is out in 2 months, scorpio is 14 months away?

A tic toc alternating 2 year upgrade system like this might suit both companies - alternating the power lead each year.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
PS Pro is out in 2 months, scorpio is 14 months away?

A tic toc alternating 2 year upgrade system like this might suit both companies - alternating the power lead each year.

you have a point I guess.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I don't think any of the future console visions show any real promise tbfh.

Everyone banging on about Scorpio has clearly forgotten how hard Microsoft tried to screw over gamers this generation.

The slim makes sense and is a Sony standard anyway but the pro is a waste of time. Not enough grunt and will be completely hamstrung by needing to work with the original and slim.

I think Sony has lost the plot and is trying too hard to be first with VR. If history shows anything with consoles it's that funky addon you had last year, nobody will give a crap about this year. Wiimote / Kinect anyone?

The real wins here are for anyone that didn't early adopt as the slim and one s are nice bits of kit.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
From my console lovin son's perspective he only cares about what his mates have, as they game together. So the decision is usually based on who has the closest B'day to the release then they all get the same :)

They don't care about specs one iota and its only about game releases and what they love to play. Expensive graphic's don't matter they still play League of Legends and Minecraft. Its all about game play and the social chatting online (Skype, TS) for them.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Compete waste of time. Peasants will learn what its like to see games aimed at the lowest common denominator. They will still be aimed squarely at the standard version, with perhaps the odd increase in texture quality here and there on the pro.

It's marketed as 4k but doesn't even have a 4k blueray drive, when Sony own the patent to the fucking thing, it certainly isn't powerful enough for 4k gaming.

Everything else 4k about it can be done through any 4k TV, streaming netflix etc

It is not required for the VR goggles as the grunt work is done onboard the headset.

Unbelievably stupid design decisions from Sony, again.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Quite stoked - the wife has bought me a PS4 Pro for Christmas, I wasn't going to bother until they came down in price a bit.. not complaining though!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Something nice to stick on ebay I guess :)

ECA

I am a FH squatter
The Last Guardian is out in december.
It has me a little tempted.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Yup indeed. Looking forward to picking mine up next week

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I do my retro gaming on my phone, must be a little weird doing it at 720p

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Got me ps pro today :). Will set it up tonight

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Got me ps pro today :). Will set it up tonight

Mine just arrived, farting about with it now downloading all my save data... buggers a bit longer than the other PS4, having trouble fitting it on a shelf.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Played a couple of hours of dishonoured awesomeness :)

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
I guess I shot myself in the foot seen as I was waiting for ps4 to come down in price before I buy then they bring this pro version out. Now I refuse to buy the older version and I also refuse to spend over £250 on a console.

By the time the pro version comes down in price a pro pro version will probably be announced.

I wouldn't be too bothered as I mostly play on PC but some games that I want to play are console only.

leggy

Probably Scottish
I've looked at the game play difference for most of the 'pro' games and can't see much.

@Moriath what's the framerate like for Dishonoured?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I've looked at the game play difference for most of the 'pro' games and can't see much.

@Moriath what's the framerate like for Dishonoured?
Theres no count is there. So i dont know how to tell. Uncharted has a 60fps mode at 1080p. The other bonus is that they create the screens at the higher res and downscale so its sharper images

leggy

Probably Scottish
Theres no count is there. So i dont know how to tell. Uncharted has a 60fps mode at 1080p. The other bonus is that they create the screens at the higher res and downscale so its sharper images

I know but you can usually tell how stable they are and how stuttery it appears. Uncharted was quite obviously 60fps, same with Last of Us.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Its smooth and i havent noticed any frame drops.

But im not the person to notice 30 vs 60 fps on observation only

leggy

Probably Scottish
Its smooth and i havent noticed any frame drops.

But im not the person to notice 30 vs 60 fps on observation only

I had 30 quid worth of Nectar points to I bought it from Sainsburys.. Will get a chance to play it during the week. Looks pretty damn good.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I looked on the google and it seems to indicate 60 fps. And yes its awesome so far. Four hours in on the third chapter.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
11 hours in and still loving dishonoured.

@leggy how u finding it.

The mechs are a bugger when you see them i find. The teleporting mobs i can handle without a problem really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom