Ps3

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
So what do we think? Personally, I think it's much nicer looking than the PS2. Not sure about the controller though; it might be the most comfortable thing ever, but it takes some getting used to, and I'm a bit dubious about it using bluetooth as the wireless standard.

Specs look impressive, although what they mean in practice, who the hell knows? (More processing power than Xbox 360, same RAM, but used in a different way).

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
Anandtech have their impressions up now too.

Looks like it'll be an impressive graphical beast, but, uhh, that pads looks more like a dual sex toy than ever now, I do wonder who Sony hire for their HCI sometimes 0o

Although I do find it somewhat funny that there was all this speculation about what the PS3 would look like, with many fake renders released, and the final product ended up looking nought but a rounded PS2 :p

DaGaffer

FuzzyLogic said:
Anandtech have their impressions up now too.

Looks like it'll be an impressive graphical beast, but, uhh, that pads looks more like a dual sex toy than ever now, I do wonder who Sony hire for their HCI sometimes 0o

Although I do find it somewhat funny that there was all this speculation about what the PS3 would look like, with many fake renders released, and the final product ended up looking nought but a rounded PS2 :p

Spooky - just looked at the screenshots on Anandtech and there's one that I presume is for The Getaway 3 - it's actually the outside of the very building I'm sat in writing this...

Ukle

One of Freddy's beloved
Impressed... like the touch of making the PS3 a router as well. It goes with the key to it being a center point of the home entertainment network... if it can do the job well bet a lot of network manufacturers are furious about now :)

Also are they sure they have added enough slots / outputs to this thing it basically catters for every form of media there is at present or the near future! Just missing a tape drive :)

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I want one.

But then, you all knew that anyway.

Seriously everything looks mint apart from the controller, which looks a bit weird. Sure I'll get used to it tho.

Ukle

One of Freddy's beloved
Thing with the controller it could just be the photo was taken at a dodgy angle... unlikely but we will never know until we see pictures of one with some kind of perspective e.g. one in someones hands.

Gray

FH is my second home
Yeah...

If you ever get fucked off with a game (Or you have a "bad ass" attitude) if you threw the controller at the wall in a rage i think the thing would come back and twack you on the head like a boomerang...

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Gray said:
Yeah...

If you ever get fucked off with a game (Or you have a "bad ass" attitude) if you threw the controller at the wall in a rage i think the thing would come back and twack you on the head like a boomerang...

heheh, just don't try the same with an Xbox controller - you'll take the wall out.

Ukle

One of Freddy's beloved
Cooling

Ok one thing has me curious... where the hell are the cooling slots / fans ... cant see any in the loads of pictures that are now available. This thing has to run very hot so surely must need lots of cooling.

Anyway lots of info and videos here -

http://www.firstadopter.com/

Edit:/ Ahh cant believe i missed them the colling slots are on the bottom half of the side.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Gotta say, both the 360 and the ps3 are looking fairly natty but from what I've seen so far, PS3 gets my vote. Graphics look astounding, connectivity is fantastic and I bet the controller is very comfy - and if that's the case, who gives a shit about looks?

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
Agreed. Some piccies for the everyones perusal:

http://www.firstadopter.com/fa/archives/000994.html#more

The boxing one doesn't look too different at all from the early ones we saw. Looks like I was right in saying they were in-game. :)

Also look at the one with all the planes in. Note how many of them there are. It's quite insane. :/

If Sony release the PS3 at £300 (Cheap as chips considering what it can do), I reckon they're well within their rights to. This thing has so many features, and undoubtedly they've adressed the DVD player with something a little better now. :)

Clown

Part of the furniture
Every new generation console system since the Megadrive has been overpriced. Why are people crying about it now?

DaGaffer

Anyone seen any dimensions for it? I'm trying to work out if the Xbox is bigger or smaller. Its difficult to tell...

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
there was a pic of it on ign aswell, so I belive that's the right one

this sounds cool

"Revolution will offer broadband access to a free Internet-based player matching service, similar to Xbox Live, that also will have downloadable versions of nearly every Nintendo game — from arcade classic Donkey Kong through current titles such as Mario Sunshine."

Ukle

One of Freddy's beloved
Yes but the games wont probably be free... just means you can download and play them... although if they do somekind of subscription service to there whole back catalogue that will be very nice.

Has to be said looking at all 3 consoles I will be getting them all no doubt at some point but only one i will get on release day is the PS3... although when release day will be in Europe is anyones guess.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Is it just me or does the the new PS3 Controllers look like the old Microsoft Sidewinder series of contollers for the PC.

Panda On Smack

Can't get enough of FH
I will probably get the 360 and PS3 but only after they've been out for a while and have dropped in price.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Okay the ps3 stats look much nicer than the 360. If the 360 is out before xmas then I will probably get one and the ps3. If Microsoft slip the date I will probably just wait for the ps3.

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
Speaking to USA Today, Perrin Kaplan of Nintendo said that the Revolution would be just two or three times more powerful than the ‘Cube, dismissing the ‘turbo power’ of rival consoles as no substitute for intelligent design.
Bullshit
She also said that the focus in the Revolution’s development had been to make the unit attractive to use for developers and gamers, or ‘all access gaming’ as she called it. Kaplan went on to mention that the Revolution, far more than the new super PCs masquerading as consoles, was about staying true to the ‘soul of gaming’.

Nintendo are such copouts. :/

KevinUK

Can't get enough of FH
I was going to say I will get Xbox 360 but after seeing the Killzone video I'm not too sure...
http://files.filefront.com/Killzone_PS3_E3_2005_Trailer/;3853776;;/fileinfo.html

Xbox 360 is also appealing due to looking far nicer (both the machine and control pad) as well as its ace Live features.

What are PS2 online services like? Will they match/beat xbox on online services? Such as downloading demos/trailers...

Yaka

Part of the furniture
anyone seen the ps3 moto storm rolling demo?

fucking ell if thats the real game then............

DaGaffer

KevinUK said:
What are PS2 online services like? Will they match/beat xbox on online services? Such as downloading demos/trailers...

I doubt they're going to have the level of integration Live! has, but they are going to offer downloads, demos, trailers etc. I've heard the plan is to offer a lot of stuff as part of an expanded Sony Connect service (and possibly other third-party services). Unfortunately, Sony Connect has been pretty awful so far...

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Didnt see this posted yet

http://www.gametrailers.com/e3_2k5_ps3.php

If only they would remake FF7 for the PS3 rather than just re-rendering the intro movie <sigh>

Killzone looks amazing !! What was it someone said - its like putting the processing power to predict the weather inside a home console

Shame is a year away, poor M$ dont stand a chance :)

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
After Nintendo's very disappointing press conference.

Am going with PS3, just wish they would swap the damn analog position with the D-Pad.

That Killzone video looked fan-friggin tastic. :eek2:

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
the killzone video was prerendered, and not really what it looks like.. We haven't really seen the power of PS3 yet. There haven't been any ingame vids afaik

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom