Ps3

MesS°

One of Freddy's beloved
Donno if this is the correct forum, but ill give it a try...

Does anyone have any info or links to info about the new PS3, i hear it should reach Denmark soonish...?
What i know is that it should have an inbuild harddrive, Dvd+Dvd burner, network and come in silver grey or summit...?

babs

Can't get enough of FH
It totally sold out in Japan which noone expected, despite it's high price. Apparently it already has something like a third of the DVD Recorder market in Japan.

MesS°

One of Freddy's beloved
Thats the one, thx for the link... Anyone know when its gonna land in euro?

Yaka

Part of the furniture
wonder if anyone one com up with a chip for it,

anywas i got me eye on the PSP, that looks minta

Ukle

One of Freddy's beloved
PSP is god damn expensive though for something so small and visible, never mind mobile phones being nicked can see these being the thing once they are out.

babs

Can't get enough of FH
£200-£250 for PSP so far being quoted. It'll have to be fkin special for that.

Whipped

Part of the furniture
The PSX was rushed out of production in Japan to meet the Christmas period. This basically meant that they had to cut a lot of corners and lose some things. I can't remember exacty what was axed, but I think it was the ability to burn DVD+-RWs, no network port, etc.

babs

Can't get enough of FH
It was DVDR+W support that was taken, as well as CD-R data discs (audio still work), MP3 functionality and Broadband connection. The DVDRW was also cut from 24x to 12x. Tiff and Gif support was also in the offing.

Didn't stop them selling them all though ;)

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
My brother in law was a director at the marketing firm Sony used for the launch of the original playstation at it's launch, and had a massive row with the Sony execs at one point. Basically, his company were targetted based on product sales, but in the rush at launch Sony physically couldn't meet demand and hence effectively capped what the marketing firm would make.... Sony actually ended up chartering Boeing 747's to fuel the demands and keep the marketing firm sweet (and make a huge profit, of course) :)

Ukle

One of Freddy's beloved
babs said:
It was DVDR+W support that was taken, as well as CD-R data discs (audio still work), MP3 functionality and Broadband connection. The DVDRW was also cut from 24x to 12x. Tiff and Gif support was also in the offing.

Didn't stop them selling them all though ;)

Yup but its all due to be added in before the US release... as it was a rush job case of cut what we can firmware side and then patch it in later. Although how exactly you patch in without the network support is anyones guess :) Also Patching a DVD drive from 12 - 24 speed will be a bit marvoulous unless of course its a fault with the software for recording thats causing the limitation and not the drive itself.

Still want to buy one when they arrive over here ... if they ever do...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom