PS3 software 3.00 - integrated BBC iPlayer

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Fucking sweet!

More glitzy XMB too and new startup sound ;).

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
It's annoying how the iplayer doesn't cancel the dim screensaver thing on the PS3 though :<

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
i cant seem to get it to fit on my screen properly though?

It cuts off the edge both sides?

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Have you tired squinting your eyes or maybe putting 2 smaller tellys either side to give the illusion that it would fit?

You will buy cake Edmond.

(ha this will never get old or boring for me :D )

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Aye, I updated my PS3 last night, ended up using it to watch Mock the Week. Is a nice toy.

Edmond

Have you tired squinting your eyes or maybe putting 2 smaller tellys either side to give the illusion that it would fit?

You will buy cake Edmond.

(ha this will never get old or boring for me :D )

:twak: Fool !!!

Fast

Part of the furniture
you can? ill go look, as that was buggin me also. Interupting my shooting stars it was ><

old.user4556

From another website:

7 ) Turn off the PS3 screen saver. Use the cross media bar to scroll to 'Settings', select 'Display Settings'. Now highlight 'Screensaver' and set this to 'Do not use'.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I fiddled with the iPlayer the other night and couldn't get it to play anything.

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
You can switch the screen saver off though?

Yeah but I rather leave it on as it's used quite often. I mean I wish it disabled the screensaver while the app is running like when watching DVDs / Blurays :\

I think the screensaver also kicks in if a DVD / Bluray is paused for a long time too.

Trem

Wheres the god damn iPlayer option located?

old.user4556

Under the TV selection thingy, one icon to the right of the movie selection.

f9a70e57-28ba-4de6-a1e9-29798e5c5849_400.jpg

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
The iplayer option on mine did not appear until the 4th time I turned my ps3 on after the update, just restart until it is there Trem.

Trem

Haa Haa, you should have got a better cake !!!!!

Mine's delicious, Mmmmmmm

My cake is shiny and phat :eek:

The iplayer option on mine did not appear until the 4th time I turned my ps3 on after the update, just restart until it is there Trem.

Cheers luv, I definitely don't have the TV option like Big G pointed out.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
downloaded the afrika skin other day its sweet. shame any dynamic skins we will get will not be free:/

just wondering why cant any ps3 owner make thier own dynamic skinz. sonys missed a trick there user made content easily shareable woulda been kewl

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
downloaded the afrika skin other day its sweet. shame any dynamic skins we will get will not be free:/

just wondering why cant any ps3 owner make thier own dynamic skinz. sonys missed a trick there user made content easily shareable woulda been kewl

Because dynamic themes are actual 'game code'. You need a devkit to make one and the code needs to be certified by Sony to run on normal PS3s.

Edmond

Ok, stupid question alert, after i have downloaded a theme, how do i get it to my PS3, or do i have to download it through my PS3 browser??

soze

I am a FH squatter
Use a usb stick and create a folder called PS3 on it then one called THEME inside that. Put the themes inside that folder and the ps3 should then see them in the Theme Install part.

Edmond

Use a usb stick and create a folder called PS3 on it then one called THEME inside that. Put the themes inside that folder and the ps3 should then see them in the Theme Install part.

Thank you my good man

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Ok, stupid question alert, after i have downloaded a theme, how do i get it to my PS3, or do i have to download it through my PS3 browser??

Without wanting to be a twat about it....

Yes fucking download it on the PS3 browser. It's not like PS3themes.com is hard to get to through it.....

Edmond

Without wanting to be a twat about it....

Yes fucking download it on the PS3 browser. It's not like PS3themes.com is hard to get to through it.....

Hence i said it was probably a stupid question. I have had the PS3 about a week, and up to that post i hadnt used the browser, so i didnt know whether i could DL it through the PS3, and/or how it would intergrate it in the theme menu, which is why i asked the question

Sorry i'm a twat !!!! and i'm not as technically savvi as your good self

next time i'll keep my mouth shut :kissit:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom