PS3 Race Driver - GRID

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Race Driver: GRID is an arcade racer. It doesn't overtake Forza let alone GT.

Mazling

Can't get enough of FH
It's not over-the-top arcade, and disabling all driver aids (abs, traction control, stability control, manual gears) makes it a good challenge. I'll be buying this for PC ;-) Drop by #onthegrid on Quakenet if you care to.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Never understood the point of pre-rendered trailers.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
It's one of the funniest racers out there online.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
The sad thing is, this was supposed to be the next TOCA.

Mazling

Can't get enough of FH
The sad thing is, this was supposed to be the next TOCA.

It probably won't have as many cars, but it still is a hell of a lot of fun. I've had to delete/uninstall the demo to stop myself from playing ;-) You can feel stability control kick in and power oversteer is something to be very wary of. It's a nice semi-sim imhfo.

Edit: for some HQ gameplay trailers, go here: Gametrailers.com - GRID: Reviews, Trailers, and Interviews
I think this game looks great!

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Played the 360 Demo, it really did remind me of the TOCA series, was fun to play but I tend to prefer the Forza and PGR series.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Something odd about this game that I can't put my finger on. It just doesn't feel like you're connected to the car. I've turned off all the driving aids but it still feels more like you say "go there" and the car says "ok then" rather than you're actually driving it.

Very pretty though.

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
Got my copy of GRID last week, have to say GRID is far better than Gran Turismo... yes there is more of a selection on cars, but that does not make up for the poor game play.

Check this vid out...
YouTube - GT5 vs GRID !
[youtubevid]cP1Q6sxNJoY[/youtubevid]

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Got my copy of GRID last week, have to say GRID is far better than Gran Turismo... yes there is more of a selection on cars, but that does not make up for the poor game play.

Gran Turismo ... poor gameplay... poor... gameplay... gran turismo... poDOES NOT COMPUTE

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Well it isn't exactly anything new is it, just like the last lot with a couple more cars and a couple more polys. Fun for a few weeks then gets old. Though if you are a fan of driving games then GT is probably the best of them.

Though they really should add collision damage, you can win most races by bouncing off every corner with the right car.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
GT5's physics overhaul (physics being the most important thing in a racing simulation) is the biggest step forward than they've ever taken. If you think it's the same as GT4 then you either:

a) Hate Sony enough to troll their games for no reason
b) Haven't played GT4 and/or GT5:p
c) Haven't got a clue when it comes to driving

They already said they are adding car damage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom