PS3 : Lair

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Anyone played the game yet? It looked so promising but the reviews are slaughtering it so far. Tis bloody annoying when a game with great potential is released early and ruined. :(

Game Review: Lair (PlayStation 3)

Yaka

Part of the furniture
worse than sin and punishment and panzerdragoon, but its not an "onrails" shoota. gfx wise the pics dont do it justice and it works via the psp remote play feature meaning you can play it away from or some shizzles (nifty feature prolly even more usfuull for mmorpgs etc) think one review called it a beutiful disaster which is spot on in my opinion. the siraxis lets it down in amajoy way the controller is too awkward for twisting about.

skip this and get heavenly sword

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
I just worked out how to ignore people on here. Now I don't have to read your completely stupid thoughts \o/

Nobody quote Aada anymore please >.<

soze

I am a FH squatter
It's been hammered by every review site possible i actually feel sorry for PS3 owners.

Because of one game? I feel sorry for 360 owners because of Project Dark Zero!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
To be fair it has been a rather poor release catalogue from sony so far, hope it picks up

Yaka

Part of the furniture
preety much the same as 360 when it was released games wise.

most peeps only had graw and pgr3 when that was out first year, but the ps3 needs a game like to make an impact like gow did despratlly

Yaka

Part of the furniture
Lair reportedly has a secret Hot Coffee code which has been inspired by none other than GTA: San Andreas and it is literally hot coffee. You can check out yourself by entering 686F7420636F66666565 into the game

also vid of it on you tube here

Aada

Part of the furniture
Because of one game? I feel sorry for 360 owners because of Project Dark Zero!

Because of a list of many games that are yet to come out but won't be worth the light of day :(

Sony better get their act together if they want to compete with MS/Ninty.

You can always tell when a console isn't doing well by walking into GAME and seeing which one is at the back of the shop guess which that is atm? PS3.

Halo 3 the end of the month like it or not it is a system seller just like GTA/FF/MGS.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Because of a list of many games that are yet to come out but won't be worth the light of day :(

Sony better get their act together if they want to compete with MS/Ninty.

You can always tell when a console isn't doing well by walking into GAME and seeing which one is at the back of the shop guess which that is atm? PS3.

Halo 3 the end of the month like it or not it is a system seller just like GTA/FF/MGS.

The only consoles selling out at the moment are the Wii and the DS even the limited edition Premium in the states has not sold out last time i looked and i have not seen any where saying i should pre order if i want a UK one. So take the rose tinted glasses of the 360 is not all that. Half the games that get pimiped on here are not all that special. And in 1 years time i think the PS3 catalogue will rival the the 360s today.

Lets bring in the PS2 to xbox games lists the PS2 destroyed it because it was out longer,

Whipped

Part of the furniture
All 3 systems have good games out and all 3 have games I'm looking forward to in the next year. Does it really matter which one is perceived as better. I'm a gamer and I like to play good games. I really don't give a fuck which system that is on.

Opt1

Fledgling Freddie
I think the turnout of this game means that all those who have ever come into contact with any form of Sony product, be it PS3 or coincidently hearing some Sony-published music in a nearby store, will probably explode!!!!!!!!!1111111

Am sure all systems will have good games given time, it's a shame this isn't one of them - I wouldn't be able to enjoy it because I don't have a PS3, but it looked pretty kewl and I was intrigued. Good ideas tend to propagate on all platforms so would only have been a good thing (and healthy competition always is).

Shame they stuck madly to the Sixaxis thing - its a neat idea but I don't really get it and I think the novelty of all the waving arbitrarily around to perform different actions will get pretty old pretty quick (unless its on a Wii.. which I hear is special :)). Especially if they don't work properly as in this case =/ Shoulda had a toggle/alternate control set up.

Does it really matter which one is perceived as better. I'm a gamer and I like to play good games. I really don't give a fuck which system that is on.

.. This is essentially my point also :) Ta Whipped.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
The only consoles selling out at the moment are the Wii and the DS even the limited edition Premium in the states has not sold out last time i looked and i have not seen any where saying i should pre order if i want a UK one. So take the rose tinted glasses of the 360 is not all that. Half the games that get pimiped on here are not all that special. And in 1 years time i think the PS3 catalogue will rival the the 360s today.

Lets bring in the PS2 to xbox games lists the PS2 destroyed it because it was out longer,

360 console sales up 260% over the last fortnight in the UK according to gamesindustry.biz and a couple of trade sources.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Still not selling out though i was not saying the ps3 is selling more just the Premium console is not selling out. So saying you go to a shop and all ou see is PS3 boxes is a joke as there is a ple of 360s next to them.

Plus i had just ordered a Samsung TV i had to do something pro sony to make up for it.

Whipped

Part of the furniture
Still not selling out though i was not saying the ps3 is selling more just the Premium console is not selling out. So saying you go to a shop and all ou see is PS3 boxes is a joke as there is a ple of 360s next to them.

Plus i had just ordered a Samsung TV i had to do something pro sony to make up for it.
God yeah. You can't risk pissing off the Sony Mafia ;)

soze

I am a FH squatter
God yeah. You can't risk pissing off the Sony Mafia ;)

I have been playing my ds more than my psp i ordered a xbox to play pro evo i could get my fan boi card taken away!

Stimpy

Fledgling Freddie
I bought my PS3 a few weeks ago and today I had to ring MS to get my 360 picked up after it red ringed, 19 months of stability then a few weeks after the PS3 purchase it dies, coincidence or do they come alive at night and do battle?

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Fucksake - I use my x360 a few times a month. I just know it's gunna die at some point after the warranty expires. Given that they know all the earlier xboxes had this issue, can you just swap it out or do you have to wait for the red ring of death?

Stimpy

Fledgling Freddie
If it 3 red rings they will either repair or replace it for up to 3 years now after purchase, I may be wrong but I think anything except 3 red rings after 12 months and you may have to pay for repair, if it starts freezing or anything as mine did just use it as much as possible because it's going to die eventually, I just get the impression now it's not a matter of if but when your 360 will die, I've never had any problem at all with mine in 19 months then bam it's dead :(

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah that's what I heard - that's why I'm concerned. Since I use it so rarely, if it's going to crash it's quite possible it'll be after the extended 3 year warranty. I guess I should start using it more to try and force it. Gah, where's Mass Effect when you need it! :\

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
So you have a console that has stacks of good games but is liable to break as soon as you look at it or a console with fuck all games worth bothering with that works all the time, the joys of console gaming :p

*disclaimer for the fanbois, i intend to buy one of the two at some point

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Yeah that's what I heard - that's why I'm concerned. Since I use it so rarely, if it's going to crash it's quite possible it'll be after the extended 3 year warranty. I guess I should start using it more to try and force it. Gah, where's Mass Effect when you need it! :\

My launch 360 is still going fine (just in someone else's house), it has never had a problem. The one I got to replace it so I could get a 3 year warrenty died. Go figure. There is no gaurentee they will die just because there is a known overheating issue, if you do not have problems then do not worry about it, MS will repair or replace red ring of death issues -and you can always lie and say its red ring of death even if it is not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom