PS2, X-box or GCN, which is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

flaky

Which is better, x-box, GCN, or PS2? (let the fights begin...mwaahaahaa)

P

phillies

Well ..... PS2 has the most games, xbox has superior performance & The Cube got Zelda :)

Just for the record .... I picked xbox :great:

L

leggy

Please don't start this thread. The other 47.5 have been painful enough.

But for the record i am a proud owner of a ps2 and just recently a GC because it was so fucking cheap.

Am happy, no worries and the xbox is gay.

:p

X

Xtro

gaaah lame thread #381383823 - its not the console - its the games. get which one has the games you like.

Or do SEARCH ffs.

W

wolfeeh

heh

I have all three. plus the dreamcast...

at the moment if i could only have ONE it would be the gamecube... lotsa quality titles... nice controller good prices both online and off...

I'd have to have an xbox at some point to for the sheer brilliance that is Halo... not MANY other good games out for it though... online play might be a draw for you?

the fact that you're writing here though implies you almost certainly have a pc - and thus eventually access to halo... if/when it ever gets released... and definitely access to multi-player gaming.

playstation two is home to about 95% crap and 5% quality - thing is; the quality games it has are available on other platforms now - vice city, metal gear solid two substance... soul calibur 2 - all will be available on other platforms... it's got a lot going for it, but at the moment i think it drastically needs a price cut in both the console and the games to remain competitive...

Y

Yaka

there is no real answer to that question.

take a good look at the past.

mega drive, snes pc engine are great consoles but nither of them could claim to The console of that generation. its the same thing with saturn,ps1 and n64.

althou there are more cross platform games for the latest consoles than there were for the old ones the games unique to each console makes em worth while to own. if you can offrad it all that is;)

L

leggy

Re: heh

Originally posted by wolfeeh
playstation two is home to about 95% crap and 5% quality - thing is; the quality games it has are available on other platforms now - vice city, metal gear solid two substance... soul calibur 2 - all will be available on other platforms... it's got a lot going for it, but at the moment i think it drastically needs a price cut in both the console and the games to remain competitive...

Can't agree with this. There is easily more than 5% quality. It doesn't need a prive cut because people are still buying shit loads of them. Added to that the online play can only increase sales.

D

DJSonic

I can name ALOT of reasons why I think the GCN is better. Observe:

*Rockman (MegaMan) EXE Transmission
*Metroid Prime
*Legend of Zelda: Kaze no Takuto (JPN name for the Wind Waker)
*Resident Evil 1 GCN (remake)
*Resident Evil 2 (port, has faster loading time)
*Resident Evil 3 (port, has faster loading time)
*Phantasy Star Online: Episode 1&2
*Legend of Zelda Oot+Master Quest (Bonus Disc)
*Sonic Mega Collection
*Viewtiful Joe
*Resident Evil 4
and MANY more.........

S

Sir Frizz

You struggled there, didn't you DJSonic.

I compiled a list of probably three times that a while back for the PS2.

P

plightstar

Personally I choose Xbox, but my da already had a PS2 with Vice City and one of my mates had a GC all are great it depends what u are looking for, I choose the Xbox mainly for Halo, as I coudn't be bothered to wait for it to come out on the PC. Also for the DVD function.

O

old.Kez

Gamecube needs more RPGs tbh. Whatever happened to the ports of Grandia, Evolution and Arc ? :\

S

Sar

Gamecube games are more my preference, but I bought a PS2 about 3 months ago, and have about 11 games for it, as opposed to about 6/7 for the GC, which I've had since launch day last May. Mind you I have traded in some GC games to get newer ones.

Won't buy an X-Box, because it's basically a poor man's PC, and aesthetically it, and its accessories are hideous. I've seen blind, deaf and dumb vegetables with better design ethics.

M

MYstIC G

Originally posted by Xtro
gaaah lame thread #381383823 - its not the console - its the games. get which one has the games you like.

Or do SEARCH ffs.
Indeed, this is older than father time. We need a new solution.

- The End -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread