Prydwen....?

Ogrelin Blodig

One of Freddy's beloved
Hey GOA, what's going on?

When are you going to bring it back online....and what have you been doing with it for the last couple of hours?

Sinnica

Fledgling Freddie
Excalibur, Prydwen and Camlann will be shutdown on Tuesday at 10.30 AM for a maintenance, they will be back by the beginning of the afternoon. Prydwen will be shutdown on Wednesday at 10.30 too and the downtime will be a few hours.

GoA Website

Hopefully back up any time now, just activated Catacombs fgs! :drink:

Tiques

Fledgling Freddie
For those who can't read and yet ask him to go to http://daoc.goa.com/en/

I will highligth my point:

News on daoc.goa.com/en/ said:
Excalibur, Prydwen and Camlann will be shutdown on Tuesday at 10.30 AM for a maintenance, they will be back by the beginning of the afternoon. Prydwen will be shutdown on Wednesday at 10.30 too and the downtime will be a few hours.

So, 4-5 hours = a few?

Ogrelin Blodig

One of Freddy's beloved
!!! Ofcourse I know it was down for repairs I visit the goasite on dailybasis!!!! but it's not the beginnning of the afternoon anylonger and WHAT they have been doing with our poor server is nowhere in the message.

Is the repairs related to the lagg we have been having the last week or what? can I expct a playable evening?

Umpaidh

Fledgling Freddie
Think he knows about the news
Also they said a few hours and begining of afternoon, that pasted 2 hours ago.
And stonhenge went down at same time, that is up.

so the first point stands, try to understand what he is asking before flaming.

NeonBlue

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
Before posting, put brain in 1st gear, raise clutch slowly after lowering handbrake and type http://daoc.goa.com/en/ into a browser.

before posting such a smart arse reply, read the said website and take note where it said "they will be back by the beginning of the afternoon"

now obviously Ogrelin Blodig had read the news and was asking since its now PAST the beginning of the afternoon, what was happening.

Not that hard to understand really,

well for most of us

Ogrelin Blodig

One of Freddy's beloved
Another question, how come Prydwen was taken down yesterday AND today?

Xxcalibur

One of Freddy's beloved
In 99 % developed countries the maintenance issues got done during night.

Or does the gms of goa wake up every day at 12 am and decide its time to work a bit ? I m paying money for play . hi ?

Belomar

Part of the furniture
This reminds me of hospital scenes where the doctor comes out from the operation theatre with a concerned look on his face to meet the worried relatives standing around waiting outside:

"Dear Prydwenites, there is no easy way to say this, but I regret to inform you that there has been a complication with your beloved server Prydwen... Please be patient and keep the faith."

Ouch! :eek:

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
NeonBlue said:
before posting such a smart arse reply, read the said website and take note where it said "they will be back by the beginning of the afternoon"

now obviously Ogrelin Blodig had read the news and was asking since its now PAST the beginning of the afternoon, what was happening.

well for most of us

Easy now, Whoodoo is well known for being one of those "shoot first, think afterwards" guys. Besides, contrary to his own advice, it's easier to ridicule than to understand and be helpfull. :)

And on the topic: These things seems to often take a little extra time. Give a little and it's probably up soon. It would be nice to know what they are doing though - apart from maintenance.

Prepariations for clustering perhaps?

Isgaroth&Ths

Fledgling Freddie
they have spiled ze coffie on th ze ruther again or they ran out of sandwiches and mass zerged local sandwich store and dicided to take a nap after a good meal, oh well now they r out of coffie now proly :p
God save us all!!!!!!!!

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
It's server OS upgrades and technical backroom stuff to do with game binaries.
We're running tests at the moment and Pryd should be back up soon however I can't say exactly when because it depends on what the results of the tests are.

Ogrelin Blodig

One of Freddy's beloved
Requiel said:
It's server OS upgrades and technical backroom stuff to do with game binaries.
We're running tests at the moment and Pryd should be back up soon however I can't say exactly when because it depends on what the results of the tests are.

Nice, lets hope we can have a playable evening now :)

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
NeonBlue said:

well for most of us
I read it oh one oh much smarter-arse than I. My point is that once again despite GOA actually informing you of downtime, and not giving any specific time it will come up again, someone had to post asking. If a GM takes 5 mins to read and reply, thats 5 minutes less time hes got to work on the issues that really matter, like getting things going again!

Perhaps GOA should just post "Its going down till its fixed - end of story" to be more politcally correct in future.

As for whats happening, simple, they are trying to fix the lag, next sensible question pls? Heres the real answer - "its still broke, we still fixing it." Any better?

Tiques

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
I read it oh one oh much smarter-arse than I. My point is that once again despite GOA actually informing you of downtime, and not giving any specific time it will come up again, someone had to post asking. If a GM takes 5 mins to read and reply, thats 5 minutes less time hes got to work on the issues that really matter, like getting things going again!

Perhaps GOA should just post "Its going down till its fixed - end of story" to be more politcally correct in future.

As for whats happening, simple, they are trying to fix the lag, next sensible question pls? Heres the real answer - "its still broke, we still fixing it." Any better?

And since when is the GM's working on server upgrades?

they use 5 minuts here makes no difference, I'm 99% sure of that...

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
There has been a delay. We are working to get PRydwen back up as fast as possible but there is no ETA just yet. As soon as it's ready it'll be back up.

Zede

Part of the furniture
I have worked in European Freight for the last 15 years, and the stereotypes are generally true :p

The Germans hare hard working and have no humour

The Scandinavians speak better English than we do

The Dutch are far to relaxed

The Spanish and Italians spend half the day on a siesta

The French ? plain and simple, just god damn LAZY.

NeonBlue

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:

Though they didnt give a specific time they did state beginning of the afternoon which to most ppl covers up to id say 2pm??, so in an indirect way they did state a time, so therefore you WILL get ppl asking, its human nature.

Cant see what makes you think GMs are involved with server repairs / upgrades, i would of thought a Game Masters role was more linked with the player base and things ingame

But yes short answer to stop these types of questions is to put up something along the lines of " Servers will be back up when they are fixed"

Equador

Fledgling Freddie
Weren't you 1 of the 3 guys on Gothwaite with that performance? 3 guys, 1 called NeonGreen, 1 called NeonRed and 1 called NeonBlue I think...If it wasn't you, sorry for the mix-up :(

NeonBlue

Fledgling Freddie
Equador said:
Weren't you 1 of the 3 guys on Gothwaite with that performance? 3 guys, 1 called NeonGreen, 1 called NeonRed and 1 called NeonBlue I think...If it wasn't you, sorry for the mix-up :(

lol nooooo,

no need to be sorry, ive been out of the game for 6months+

looks like someone might using my old ingame name grrr !

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom