Prydwen, we'll miss u..

E

ev0_o

Ahhhh the days, about 3 - 4 full groups of albs running around, with PE , sotl and so on, 3-4 full groups of mids running around, SC, BO, MM and so on... a few duo infils at the mg's / pk, the odd NS or ranger around, then v rare fg of hibs about..
This was prydwen, where anything over 1fg was considered a zerg and frowned against, and people stuck to this, rvr was fun, it was managable, and now we come to the present.

With lvl30 command hibs, mainly flooding in from excal are running 2fg on /stick in emain, and usualy 4 or so groups, albs rvr guilds have gone, and a fg albs in emain nowadays is a rare sight, even rarer if they get past amg, Mids also are now down to 2 rvr guilds who seem to be out less and less, We now walk over to odins gate, ahhh, where ppl used to go solo / duo safely, stealthed or not... once again, lvl30 comes into play with 8 or so hib stealthers crawling the MG's needing a zerg to get past,

As it stands RvR is dead unless ofc you are a stealther, and now, this too seems to be dying, for example the other day in emain 5pm, it was only me and my buffbot in emain, with 2 fg hibs running around, and 1fg infils/mincers/scouts roaming, not the mention the countless others not with rambo and co'.

And yep, you guessed it, i come to 'Deadly Shadows' (nice fotm stealther name btw :) ) 16 alb stealthers camping amg, and then running around taking keeps, which ofc, unless they happen to have 2fg defenders sat in the lordroom at the time, will fall. That night, there was 3 ppl in emain, me vatech and cyclonia, it was lame getting ganked buy u, but it was more satisfying getting past amg, and killing albs knowing theres 16 stealthers hunting u, the only enemy in emain. however after getting ganked a few more times, it got tiresome, and we went elsewhere.. which is what everyone is doing nowadays.
Prydwen is dead, look around, theres no even fights anymore, to counter the infil zerg SB's will make zergs, and infil will make bigger and so on. On the BW thread on BW, they say this game is about FUN, FUN EH??? well find me 1 of those alb stealthers who would liked to get ganked 5 -1 odds, or 1 of those hibs FG's who would like to get ganked by double their numbers and find it FUN.

If your havnt got my point yet, or u just skipped the writing in the middle, my point is, you people who make the fg's stealth zergs first, who makes the 2fg on /stick first, you are killing what was a good fun server to play on, and now, as far as i can see, this server will make bigger and bigger zergs and i for 1, do not see this as FUN, i doubt this post will change anything, and i doubt half of the immature ppl responisble wont give two S***ts, but it had to be said,
I for one will miss prydwen for what it once was. //Snornig

M

~Mobius~

I liked it when mids used to camp APK all day.

O

old.Zarff

aye those were the golden days... gifv back the old bolts, I miss one-shooting yellow con persons....

M

maxgirth

Still we have houses don`t we? :rolleyes:, the way I see it, is no more ex packs till the end game is sorted out, dont get me wrong, overall the game is fantastic, but balancing realms through ra`s, server population, or tweaks here, nerfs there, is lazziness, on behalf of mythic.
Albs biggest problem and always has been, is to many chars with watered down abilities, k we have the min and infil, but any rvr groups should have end chant, mach 5,2 healers aoemezz, thats 5 chars for us, and if i remember rightly 3 and 4 for hibs/mids.
Proof is in the pudding imo, the last time I looked at the worlds top 50 players (all servers), it read hibs 27 mids 17 albs 6.
Since then theres been savage groups, bd`s, creaming in the rp`s, I daren`t look anymore, plus we now have the lev /30 command, which in turn will help the hibs.
So in the nutshell, mythic get off your ass and do some graft, for those amongst us that enjoy the rvr side :).

H

haarewin

i like how the /level 30 command is one of your main arguments for this (the destruction of prydwen rvr??), it was introduced as a means to increase population - which it did, but it wont last long, and after all this whining of 'come to emain hibs, its fun!!!', the hibs are getting whined at for going into their own frontier...
and apparently all the 'hib stealth zergers' are from /level 30 too, which is news to me because most of them (ns & ranger) dont get groups to level with, so wont be level 50 for about a month or so.
2fg's on /stick should be "easy pickings" as that means mostly afk?? apart from the leader....
and as for albs, well... they are albs, what do you expect? :)

M

maxgirth

Originally posted by haarewin
i like how the /level 30 command is one of your main arguments for this (the destruction of prydwen rvr??), it was introduced as a means to increase population - which it did, but it wont last long, and after all this whining of 'come to emain hibs, its fun!!!', the hibs are getting whined at for going into their own frontier...
and apparently all the 'hib stealth zergers' are from /level 30 too, which is news to me because most of them (ns & ranger) dont get groups to level with, so wont be level 50 for about a month or so.
2fg's on /stick should be "easy pickings" as that means mostly afk?? apart from the leader....
and as for albs, well... they are albs, what do you expect? :)

I`m not against hibs coming out, nor was I whining about the lev /30 command my gripe, is the way mythic try to balance realms. :)

H

haarewin

Originally posted by maxgirth

Albs biggest problem and always has been, is to many chars with watered down abilities, k we have the min and infil, but any rvr groups should have end chant, mach 5,2 healers aoemezz, thats 5 chars for us, and if i remember rightly 3 and 4 for hibs/mids.

hib and mid get end chant? news to me, thx, i can scrap my drum, and shamans can stop doing those silly conc buffs.
i'm guessing someone is gonna complain that a bard is mach 5, end regen, and aoe mez (plus backup heals) in one glorious package, but the fact that bards rarely get end regen up because they have been f*cked over in a few seconds by the assist trains or chain interrupted by something sneezing the other side of the frontier. oh i forgot, they have insta mez (aka free immunity timer), i'll shut up.

H

haarewin

I`m not against hibs coming out, nor was I whining about the lev /30 command my gripe, is the way mythic try to balance realms. :)

didnt mean you m8y :p i know what you mean though, there should be some proper balancing done by mythic, not just playing about with spells some classes have, or removing ra's here there and everywhere.

D

Dumle

One explanation to why its not that much going on in emain atm might also be that ppl are busy farming to get their houses the way they want them?

I think it might be atleast a contributing factor, dont you?

M

maxgirth

Originally posted by haarewin
didnt mean you m8y :p i know what you mean though, there should be some proper balancing done by mythic, not just playing about with spells some classes have, or removing ra's here there and everywhere.

Aye agreed, we`ll know they`ve got it right when fotm groups don`t crop up after every patch:).

S

Shike

Still we have houses don`t we? :rolleyes:, the way I see it, is no more ex packs till the end game is sorted out, dont get me wrong, overall the game is fantastic, but balancing realms through ra`s, server population, or tweaks here, nerfs there, is lazziness, on behalf of mythic.
Proof is in the pudding imo, the last time I looked at the worlds top 50 players (all servers), it read hibs 27 mids 17 albs 6.
Since then theres been savage groups, bd`s, creaming in the rp`s, I daren`t look anymore, plus we now have the lev /30 command, which in turn will help the hibs.
So in the nutshell, mythic get off your ass and do some graft, for those amongst us that enjoy the rvr side :).

That arguement about needed classes doesnt really hold any water anymore, the groups I am in seldom run out unless its opted, that means 8 needed classes in one group, not 3-4. Same for every realm I believe.
And if so damn many albs wasnt playing mincers/infils albs would be able to put up more balanced groups with the required toons. But on the other hand, why play a difficult groupingclass that require alot of teamwork when you have access to easymode overpowered infs/mincers? :rolleyes: Mythic wont fix this since Mincers seem to be a petclass for them and most likely will stay untouched, Infils should have been nerfed ages ago but they stay as the supreme assassin for some reason and will most likely not be touched either so its a catch22 atm, at least here on pryd.

A reasonable guess is that people will move to another server in a while to find more active proper RVR to get away from the stealtherhellhole Pryd has become. I rather fight zergs than going to pryd/Emain since its unplayable atm and that leaves Odins/HW. I've been in Emain 2 times the last week, 1st time we ran into a FG Albs and then stealtherzerg added in on us and we died fast, 2nd time we went when there was 4-5 FG hibbs runnin allover the place and then there was no enemies. Needless to say, I at least avoid that shithole these days.

O

old.Morchaoron

hey we are still here you bunch of overreacting QQ'ers...

R

Rambo

Originally posted by Dumle
One explanation to why its not that much going on in emain atm might also be that ppl are busy farming to get their houses the way they want them?

I think it might be atleast a contributing factor, dont you?

agree, after each expansion or serius patch, ppls goin alot PVE and rvr gets crappy, give it some time...

C

case-rigantis

a full balanced group of albs equal realm rank and equal skill will always lose to the equivelent mids/hibs who have have equal realm rank and equal skill

and yes pryd rvr is looking very elderly right now and just about ready to keel over

my guild have been running 2fg to counter the mid savage assist groups ...now they don`t come out though we more often than not run into 3fg+ of hibs instead

every nights rvr i`ve been on for the past 3 weeks not once have i run into only 1fg of hibs it`s always 12 or 14 at least and anywhere upto 4fg at most

X

Xeanor

Originally posted by case-rigantis
a full balanced group of albs equal realm rank and equal skill will always lose to the equivelent mids/hibs who have have equal realm rank and equal skill

what a load of crap

T

tildson

many people are on excal trying out the other realms, biggest reason why pryd so empty i think

O

old.Morchaoron

hmmm i must be really really really good then (ofcourse i am what else did i expect?) :rolleyes:

W

walkerb

yep sad to say but pryd pretty much dead rvr wise :|

Z

zapzap

I dont get it but ok :/
Allmost said I agree with Xeanor :p

Zapsi

M

marathor

Yeah rvr has been pretty boring over a month already.

RvR guilds are quitting cos there isnt any rp to farm as its empty or zerg.

Kinda wierd when our guild can go to odins/hw and see nothing but the hills for a long time.

Can understand that people counter savages with 2 fgs or more but well that just makes a bigger zerg or people dont come back at all.

Only good thing is that hibs are playing with us again. I hope it will get better as the housing losest interest.

Imo this DF ping pong to get rp is getting tiresome.

<Insert random whine here>

O

old.Morchaoron

Originally posted by zapzap
I dont get it but ok :/
Allmost said I agree with Xeanor :p

Zapsi

i bet you do, cuz you know what else it would mean ^^

E

eynar

i've said it before and I'm gonna say it again: an optimized Alb grp has a fair chance vs. optimized Hib & Mid group, and same goes for all 3 realms. The outcome of the fight will depend on various random factors, like ra's / insta's being up, surprise factor etc

O

old.Lethul

yes, and how many of those "excal 2fg noobs" are still at prydwen? dont talk about stuff you have no clue about :m00:

T

thorondorito

so prydwen is bad now cause hibs can bring to emain the same amount of people that alb/mid do? no, it is just different. And still hibernia is the less crowded realm.

i cant understand it, who gave mid/alb the right to walk with 3-4 fg's over emain? who stole that right to the hibs?

D

Dorin

funny to hear "oh no 2fg hibs in emain : (" from a mid, everyone on prydwen knows which realm was the strongest for the first 6 months or more in the game. Not speaking of the current fotm savage grps who wiped any form of life from Emain for a few weeks, mids captured 6 relics... wots your point then? :) The time is over, and now QQ? These "wtf HIBS?!?" posts are so pathetic, be it from an alb or mid, we were outnumbered, zerged to pieces since prydwen was up and running, now we are more likely to do the same or give a fight... hurts? i hope so, some ppl do deserve it :)

: )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom