Prydwen or Excalibur??

O

ONE>Kid

What servers best to start on ? :]

I heard Excalibur is the one with more people but that people on Prydwen are generally more friendly ? Help me decide :D

T

The Real Redi

Prydwen, imbo, is a much friendlier server. Excalibur is much more business like, and a lot busier...

Depends what you want from the game really. For community and nice people Prydwen though... Basically, Excal for Quantity, Pryd for Quality :clap:

O

old.Gombur Glodson

Try both and see which you prefer?

C

cadiva

I wish people would stop with this total bollox about Excalibur being the l33t unfriendly server.

I've played this game since closed beta and there's assholes on both servers and in all three realms so forget the stereotypes and just try yourself.

You can, of course, play on both servers. Just read up a bit on each realm and then find a time when the one you want to play on is most active and pop along.

Midgard Excalibur is where my guild hang out, we also occasionally pop along to Albion Prydwen too so you see, there are those of us on Excalibur capable of playing on (gasp) the 'mature' server.

T

tris-

Alb/pryd is the most unfriendly place ive played and i been playing there for a year :/

A

Aoln

go excal, i dont want prydwen to be overcrowded and crap like excal :p

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Prydwen seems to be more friendly...judging by the forums. ;)

W

<Wels>

Originally posted by klavrynd

prydwen is dying, go excal
------------------------------
Daoc stopped being fun 4 months ago, now it's only addiction that thrives us

seems its not pryd, its you :p

J

Jiggs

excalibur is No1 RvR server in the world :)

for first toon i'd try excalibur, its alot easier to find groups...

T

tris-

Originally posted by Sissyfoo
Prydwen seems to be more friendly...judging by the forums. ;)

forgot how friendly prydwen is, maybe i didnt remember the guilds kicking people for no reason, or people hacking other peoples accounts or those other people who use bugs to get inside enemy realms to kill everyone they see.

O

old.Gombur Glodson

Dunno about mid and hib but its pretty darn hard for a newcomer to get groups in albion.

O

old.Trine Aquavit

Personally, though I'm a Prydwenite through and through (and would love to see more new people on Pryd), I think you should start on Excalibur. You will find it easier to find groups through the levels.

When you've got the hang of it, come over to Mid/Pryd and have some real fun ;)

O

old.Sko

imho for group rvr excal is better. Or maybe i`m a bit biased, since i play mid :)

E

eben

Originally posted by n3wbie
Alb/pryd is the most unfriendly place ive played and i been playing there for a year :/

Speaks man with no name...pffft.

I think it's quite friendly personally.

O

optical-

Excalibur is the place to be!!
Pryd is carebear.

M

Myddrin

<<Carebear

Hey Cadiva dont know if you remember me as a little Zerker called Beefheart on Excal but you made me some nice armour and gave it to me for next to nothing! If I can repay the favour anytime on Prydwen message Artful or Myddrin :)

N

Nightchill

Having played on both since release (ish) there's not that much in it. Prydwen is a much tighter community. Excal you can perhaps revel in anonymity.

Play both :)

S

Sigurd

Prydwen is as friendly as a rusty beartrap, go to Excalibur :)

T

tildson

prydwen for the familyman
excalibur for the bachelor

;)

C

cadiva

Originally posted by Myddrin
<<Carebear

Hey Cadiva dont know if you remember me as a little Zerker called Beefheart on Excal but you made me some nice armour and gave it to me for next to nothing! If I can repay the favour anytime on Prydwen message Artful or Myddrin :)

Awww now you made me blush ;) You must have got me on one of my be nice to newbies days.

Hehe only joking. As has been pointed out, you can play on both servers, you just gotta work out which realm you don't want to play unless you got 2 accounts or can speak French/German etc.

Personally I'd recommend Midgard/Excalibur and Albion/Prydwen.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by cougar-
both are ok, just dont pick alb/exc.

nowt wrong with alb/excal.
Well nothing more wrong with it than anywhere else...

F

Fafnir

Well my own experience i think Prydwen is a friendlier server, been yelled at for not helping a lvl 40 killing a mob my char lvl 5-10, and that person just stood laughing 10 min earlier when i died to aggro. Lots of afk time for minstrels atleast when grouped with casters, and when they get aggro or baf, they get pissed. people telling you to go and die, when you ask for help or just ask a question, and the lowbie groups i've been in Hib/alb/excal are really n00b groups, group see purp mob, group ohhh look great xp from that one, me erhm guys thats a lvl 40 mob, group well we are 8 lvl 10, that makes 80 lvl's vs 40 we will kill it, group dammit i cant hit it, damage add so i can hit, fuck 1 hit and i die, bloody sucky cleric you should heal. etc, etc, etc, etc wonder why i never lvl'd a char over 15 on excal, perhaps i've just been unlucky in meeting stupid people.

F

Flimgoblin

I think you've been unlucky Faf - yeah there's morons, but you get them everywhere ;)

Maybe I've just been lucky?

A

Anu

from my experiance.. alb sucks whatever the server and i tried both before settling for.

Midgard/Prydwen (started here when I 1st got the game, then deleted to join friends in albion.. found out how much it sucked and went back to midgard, to friends)

Hibernia/Excaliber (I joined Albion at 1st to see if this server was different.. found it hard to grp etc.. so left and tried Hibernia.. lvl'd a warden and seen Lanvar from Na Fianna in connla.. total hib newb.. he was friendly and invited me to the guild and gave me 5gp :) been with Fianna ever since and in general there are a few arseholes but mostly good ppl)

Just my experiance so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom