Prydwen-Hibernia: Underpopulated?

Lilinallte

Fledgling Freddie
Hi,

Was just wondering: are there any actual figures available on this 'underpopulated realm' rule? I mean: seeing this rule was made up in order to give a better balance ingame, it sure seems like it's doing completely the oposite on Prydwen, and thus disrupts the balance even further...

I would like to know: what are the exact figures on realm population, where can we see those, and how often are they reviewed???

Anyone got any info on this??

Yma

Fledgling Freddie
Uh-oh. Hope your flame-proof suit is big enough.

There are no exact figures. The only numbers you can play with are those from Roll of Honour, which aren't complete. There is no safe way for us to know precisely how many accounts have mains in every realm, only the total number of characters which is obviously incomplete as different realms need different classes for their things.

This is another thread with more details about the problem:

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showpost.php?p=737400&postcount=159

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Yes, Hibernia is Underpopulated, no doubt about it.

But, GoA made the mistake of giving them the RvR bonus of only paying 50% upkeep.

That means Hib / Pry gains more BP's and spend far less.

Funkdocta

Fledgling Freddie
People may have a lot more accounts on Midgard and Albion than on Hibernia, but I think at this moment in time Hibernia has more actively playing than either Midgard or Albion. Hence the stlong Hib zerg in Hadrians and them owning 4 relics.

I think the bonuses and free level thing should be calculated on account/character activity and not just on how many people have accounts on a given realm.

Hibernia has the same bonuses on Excal, but because there are still a lot more Albion and Midgard players active it isnt over powering.

Over the past few weeks when I /who all there are only like 140 Mids (most not lvl 50) out of a server total of around 700.

But heh who cares?

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Azathrim said:
Yes, Hibernia is Underpopulated, no doubt about it.

But, GoA made the mistake of giving them the RvR bonus of only paying 50% upkeep.

That means Hib / Pry gains more BP's and spend far less.

we all know that bountypoints is the reason for all zergs :eek:

Aeris

Fledgling Freddie
hibernia ISNT underpopulated in RVR. alot more mids and albs pve than hibs do, this has been mentioned and admitted by hibs alot of times. so why in gods name they get an rvr bonus is unreal, i think the current sate of play proves its bullcrap. give them a pve only bonus imo....

robbe

Loyal Freddie
Active Characters
Alb 1,593 (37%)
Hib 1,195 (28%)
Mid 1,463 (34%)

Level 50's
Alb 1,985 (39%)
Hib 1,203 (23%)
Mid 1,943 (38%)

Last week RP
Alb 9,692,972 (30%)
Hib 11,772,466 (37%)
Mid 10,348,213 (33%)

balkeriz

One of Freddy's beloved
robbe said:
Active Characters
Alb 1,593 (37%)
Hib 1,195 (28%)
Mid 1,463 (34%)

Level 50's
Alb 1,985 (39%)
Hib 1,203 (23%)
Mid 1,943 (38%)

Last week RP
Alb 9,692,972 (30%)
Hib 11,772,466 (37%)
Mid 10,348,213 (33%)

Hibs Underpopulated??????

HELL NOOOO!!!!

Willi

Loyal Freddie
Theres only mentioned active and lvl 50 characters. Just wondering what might be number of active lvl 50 chars...

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
balkeriz said:
Hibs Underpopulated??????

HELL NOOOO!!!!
exactly
they are underpopulated but more successful
ie they actually bother to rvr, and tend to run in at least vaugly opted grps
plus they have a few guilds running grps that aren't too bad considering the lack of oposition, pandora, ga, nfd etc

balkeriz

One of Freddy's beloved
Elendar said:
exactly
they are underpopulated but more successful
ie they actually bother to rvr, and tend to run in at least vaugly opted grps
plus they have a few guilds running grps that aren't too bad considering the lack of oposition, pandora, ga, nfd etc
Well since Maelstrom, BO and Bulle arent active RvR anymore (Bulle maybe a little more than BO, Maelstrom.) But if we would have these guilds up we would be just as active. Just wundering why those guild arent remaking the system so they can get the grp's out again.

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
balkeriz said:
Well since Maelstrom, BO and Bulle arent active RvR anymore (Bulle maybe a little more than BO, Maelstrom.) But if we would have these guilds up we would be just as active. Just wundering why those guild arent remaking the system so they can get the grp's out again.

If you mean guild grps farming rps makes the realm more active as a whole, hardly, 8 or 16 people killing a lot hardly makes the realm as a whole more active
although you do notice that whichever realms guild grps are dominating most tends to have more randoms out too, as the enemy realms grps aren't around to kill them as much.
and as for grps out again... some of us would like to, but the majority of mael, bo, grimnurs at the least have all moved to wow or avalon, and i can understand why they have, a lot are just bored of the game, the rest want action and competition
the only realm enemy grp left is eclipse, and its hardly their set grp that runs anymore, same as us. rvring can still be pretty fun, but mostly theres not many fights, and its either steamroll a grp or end up fighting an ever increasing zerg, with stealthers running to join in
most fights last week, kill 1 grp, get 2 more add or get bored, go near bridge, get massive adds.. weee
and as for rebuilding, theres not a lot left to rebuild grps from

Wholdar

Can't get enough of FH
balkeriz said:
But if we would have these guilds up we would be just as active. Just wundering why those guild arent remaking the system so they can get the grp's out again.

Can only speak for Bulle, we´re not that many nowadays, last night, around 20 CET, there where 2 members online, we tend to have 1-5 online most nights, so there´s not much to build groups from. =)

I´m hoping catacombs will bring back people to prydwen, time will tell. =)

/j

robbe

Loyal Freddie
balkeriz said:

would need ppl that play like daily and atm think noone on prydwen want to do that? maybe cause it sucks dno :p

johny

Banned
Most active bulle atm is well... Me.

I play Saaug and his chars, go figure how much ppl I can muster for a group, not alot, ppl tend to dislike me and I get flamed alot. I dont care I just want to have fun, but atm 5 are the most ppl we can get in bulle at rvr hours.
Most ppl tend to go the solo way, hunter/ SB, it will be the end of us but what can we do, its not mid that can do much to get ppl back its the surroundings toa / rvr bonuses/ Catacombs/ Zergs in general/whine(hib zerk).

PPL tend to solo and not play healers/ support classes, i have seen it alot even our best players to that, I must admit I dont like to toa up another char to full toa armor etc. I would love to play a healer though its just to f****** time consuming to get full sets these days that I cant be bothered.
Our best players just tend to focus on other things

We are in a down period, and we cant turn it around ourselves.

Full integration betwen Exc and prydwen will get us a bigger picture and more Rvr, I dont know what else will, we are in decline and catacombs wont change that, its not a pve expansion for nothing.

Hibs rox atm I just wish I was a tree hugger atm, spit, no not really but their bonuses and rvr activity can be admired. They up we down good for them, but they have the power, they can kill rvr and prydwen, but they can also make it fun and greatly different than zerking/ rvr whoring. If they go out in 1fgs then who can blame them owning us.
If they get more bonuses/ relics it will be the end of prydwen, nobody likes to play the underdog forever, hibs knows this from personal experiances.

Its very late and my poínt is just stop whining.
Make groups, better if we make more opted groups than no groups, and No soloers hunters/ sb's wont help at all.
Stick together and coorporate, we need more seers like allways and ffs help them get the items/mls they need so they will come out and help us in rvr.

Healers do make a huge difference.

We cant save prydwen alone but we can hold our ground and not loose alot more players, time and other realms has a huge impact, and so do patches.

I would love to say more but I will reply to this thread again if it stays flame proof.
Plz lets talk together.

Make peace not war......

Unless its against the filthy cans of **** albs and bug abusers( hibs).

Nuff said its late im drunk and I love Midgard.

:wub:

Lokir

Fledgling Freddie
Last time i was out in RvR there was a fg hibs rr5-6 that was running
outside the zerg (good going), That would have been fun if we would been
a fg (asking in /as didnt help).Id have to say thx (dont remeber any names).
for trying not your foult we didnt get fg. BUT!!!!! before i had time to /rel there was 3fg+ hibs at the spot. I guess as soon there is a flame on the map
then the zerg move. Lucky we died pretty fast =).

I havent been playing any rvr for a week and dunno if ill go out and getting zerged again for a while.

Wholdar

Can't get enough of FH
Seems we have a few who´s returning to prydwen after a while of abscense. Yesterday some old Bulle-members turned up and said they´re starting a new group on pryd. Hopefully that´s true. =)

We were 24 Bulle´s online last night, sure, lots of alts, I had 3 logged in myself, since we where PL:ing abit in malmö, but almost looks like old times for a little while again. :p

Hope it lasts.

/j

Yma

Fledgling Freddie
Wholdar said:
We were 24 Bulle´s online last night, sure, lots of alts, I had 3 logged in myself, since we where PL:ing abit in malmö, but almost looks like old times for a little while again.
24 ! That's great to hear mate :cheers:

Yeah, we'll probably see few returns this week, hopefully some will stay even if Catacombs is not exactly oriented to veterans, and the warlock nerf may hinder few mids to buy the expansion.

Kaleid

Fledgling Freddie
Grouping

Ultimately lack of regular action and a strange belief that running around solo in RVR is more fun than even a none opted group is the main problem for us.

Its time that the alliances started to run RVR nights getting guilds to group up and play with eachother again :touch:

Forming groups then zergs to do a bit of wiping around the place will get folks interested and motivated again. It can be fun, we just have to organise and drink whisky ..... lots of whisky

:drink:

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Kaleid said:
Ultimately lack of regular action and a strange belief that running around solo in RVR is more fun than even a none opted group is the main problem for us.

Its time that the alliances started to run RVR nights getting guilds to group up and play with eachother again :touch:

Forming groups then zergs to do a bit of wiping around the place will get folks interested and motivated again. It can be fun, we just have to organise and drink whisky ..... lots of whisky

:drink:

... I prefer Cognac ;) But you're right, we need to get more motivated and start forming groups again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom