proposed realm abilitys in frontier expansion

Boobz

Loyal Freddie
"Dodger. We are removing Dodger from the game. Here's an attempt to explain what will no doubt raise a number of questions. "

Wow, they are really going out on a limb with some of these. This is definately a nerf that is going to affect Assasins more than any other class, another indication that Mythic dont like them. Im not an assasin btw, nor do i have dodger. I think most of the stuff (if not all) seem like good changes. They really need to give us a list of who will get what though..Will characters still only be able to get the stuff they could before? Example : Will reavers be given access to Det too, or will it stay as it is?

Ethiraseth

Fledgling Freddie
reavers can get det, but at level 5 it gives 33% resist.

ow, and (light) tanks get 25% determination for free at level 34, zo hybrids will still be useless, same as armsman since light tanks get both free determination and free prefent flight. And looked quickly at it, but seems that most RA's are nothing more but a bit annoying, nothing truly overpowered like SoS or BoF or MoC.

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
The infiltrator and shadowblade gets some really nice moves at RR5. I think I'd take the shadowblade's over the infils... But both are really nice. Doesen't seem to me as if though mythic hates assassins.

Cozak

Part of the furniture
Not sure if i like the idea that spells become less effective when using MoC, cant see the reasoning behind that.

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
Cozak said:
Not sure if i like the idea that spells become less effective when using MoC, cant see the reasoning behind that.

it's to prevent the "run in 100000000 ppl dead" thing i think

Asty

Fledgling Freddie
k, almost getting the feeling that it would be better if mythic stopped developing this game anymore.

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Asty said:
k, almost getting the feeling that it would be better if mythic stopped developing this game anymore.

exactly the words i was looking for, i was really curious about what they were gonna do but now its just the same shit just with a different smell: weird shit abilities which are either completely useless or a tad too good....

oh well ToA made leaving daoc a bit more easier anyway...

lineage 2 next in que, WoW after that...

Tareregion

Fledgling Freddie
vanish: Teleports the assassin out of combat to a random location. The distance teleported is based on the listed values. When teleported the assassin is automatically put into stealth mode and has all effects that would break stealth automatically purged. A stealther cannot attack for 30 seconds after using this ability.

jajajajaj xDDDD

Tbh, some of those RAs are pretty nice and stuff we've been asking for, others are..hmm :/

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
well, doesnt look too bad so far tbh. and like they say its still a work in progress.

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
Hmmm. The future doesn't seem that bright for the Sorcerer.
Oh well, I'll see how it'll turn out.

Cozak

Part of the furniture
Me thinks this game will be extremely under-populated soon, first ToA pissed a lot of people off. Now people have just been shown that the future is not bright. (or Orange)

Rookiescot

Fledgling Freddie
Tareregion said:
vanish: Teleports the assassin out of combat to a random location. The distance teleported is based on the listed values. When teleported the assassin is automatically put into stealth mode and has all effects that would break stealth automatically purged. A stealther cannot attack for 30 seconds after using this ability.

jajajajaj xDDDD

So PA with poison DoT and vanish.......hmmm seems like its "free kill" season on casters.

Cavex ElSaviour

Fledgling Freddie
snapshot
Armsman can draw and fire a crossbow shot when on the run for 60 seconds. (Normal draw time applies.)

this something to work your ass to rr5 for :p

no serious, all the rr5 abilities seems to be usefull to the char or the group of that char except for the armsman and cabalist version..

ok, you can send your pet on a healer in a fg vs fg situation, but thats it

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Cavex ElSaviour said:
snapshot
Armsman can draw and fire a crossbow shot when on the run for 60 seconds. (Normal draw time applies.)

this something to work your ass to rr5 for :p

no serious, all the rr5 abilities seems to be usefull to the char or the group of that char except for the armsman and cabalist version..

ok, you can send your pet on a healer in a fg vs fg situation, but thats it

a 50 crossbow armsman does pretty mean damage i hear :D

and well if he can draw eery what... 3s?

so 60/3= 20 or so shots of 150-200 damage? :D

Aldrian

Fledgling Freddie
Ok im seriously disappointed about the tanks rr5 RA.. i mean, hero gets 10% boost to groups evade/parry/block, warrior gets some thing with 90% absorb
and... ARMSMEN CAN RUN WHILE HITTING YOU FOR 40 DAMAGE!!

Sigh.

Sigurd

Banned
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! This is a fucking joke, GG mythic once again :rolleyes:

Cavex ElSaviour

Fledgling Freddie
Ormorof said:
a 50 crossbow armsman does pretty mean damage i hear :D

and well if he can draw eery what... 3s?

so 60/3= 20 or so shots of 150-200 damage? :D

so its only usefull when you spec xbow...

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
this was taken a year or so ago (SC in use by me + target)

kallixbow.jpg

was at r7 or 8 dont remember and i didnt have full +xbow

i was 10 base xbow and didnt have best buffs

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
passive true sight

BIG det nerf (max 50% or so)

big ns nerf

ip nerf

LOL @ 5 minute purge

free pf (prolly nerfed)

armsman still worst main tank

cleric now worst healer

thane still worst hybrid (poor thanes)

some of the highlights

acei

Fledgling Freddie
Sounds good to me, mostly. But why are the light tanks and pure tanks getting all of the good stuff? Getting 25% CC and PF for free is disheartening. I still don't understand why Mythic continues to keep savage as a pure tank but Reaver as a hybrid this is a chance for Mythic to finally balance out the realms, give reaver's the extra 25% that they're giving pure tanks and then albion will be able to better compete with the savages.

Purge 3 costing 30points in total is also ridiculous, also the difference between purge 1 and 2 is pathetic why not just make purge 1 same as is now but 15min timer, purge 2 10min timer, purge 3 5min timer, it'd be balanced better then.

Taen

Fledgling Freddie
Merc rr5 ability is much better than the other light tank abilities .. dt becomes pbae .. that should help slow down savage and bm assist trains esp since it is on a 5 minute timer and u got 2 mercs in a grp .. that means for every fight all enemy tanks will have a 25% chance of fumbling an attack :D

Healer McHeal

Fledgling Freddie
alot of these abilitys are useless, some have a use, but whats with the animist one, turns the anim into a shroom for 60 sec,... lol, or the warden one, style damage heals group like a spread heal, ok, so... 20 or so a hit is healing the group, pitiful :/ altho the 30 dps dmg add that ignores caps could be useful

Sarnat

Fledgling Freddie
Mostly it looks very nice. You simply can not get everything. Higher lvl also grants better bonus, some of them seem a bit high though... But you invest 1/3 of total skill points you have on the other hand.

What concerns me is that now the uber RR9+ groups will be even more uber. The whole review WIDENS the gap between power player and casual gamer.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
looks good - for the hybrids, they can get access to determination, just no free 25% ...

however hybrids all get access to a LOT of the active abilities - not very many on offer for pure tanks.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
level 1 MoC is cheap... wonder if it affects healing effectiveness?

it does last for 30s though.... maybe they'll make it cost 25% of the power for 25% effectiveness too ;)

they should make it something like 40% 60% 75% as 25% really is hardly worth bothering with, but it's nice to see byebye to the nuking 1000000 people as gunz put it :)

SevenSins

Fledgling Freddie
Me liek this a looot.

Seriously, it fixes the 1 thing that has screwed RvR for hybrids for a long time: DETERMINATION.

The 25% base Det Pure Tanks get, it's not all that shabby in my opinion. Finally people will have to learn how to use clear mezz, or, buy the 5 point purge :) (Hey, it's 5 points for any class, that's nothing, not even if you have to wait 5 seconds till it kicks in, mezzes last for way too long anyhoo :p

This whole RA change is going to make a lot of changes to the RvR group setup, hybrids finally become somewhat viable, even though it may not seem a lot, but the 50% determination nerf (that being not Buyable) for "Pure Tanks" is rather welcome.
And ofcourse, casters, getting a 5 sec purge, although the MoC is gayified and will get changed, most certain of that. But it still makes normal other realm (not talking Ench Debuff/DD) DD casters like Body Sorc/Dark SM/RM etc more viable, especially after the last resist change.

Now all they have to do is fix interrupts :p

As for hybrids, well, with the new Det changes DAoC will get a BIT rolled back to it's old state: Dark Age of Mezzalot, but atleast they become hella more viable now.

Bring on Frontiers :)

Bishibosh

Fledgling Freddie
gunner440 said:
this was taken a year or so ago (SC in use by me + target)

kallixbow.jpg

LOL youve got to love the chat in that screenie. Some ppl so easy to please

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom