Proof of what classes is overpowered

O

old.Nol

Originally posted by old.anubis
fo, will ya?
i havent played in august, but i definitely saw three chanters in some hib groups in july, so fo again

Did you rub your hands together in glee?

I still think you have a crack problem btw...3 enchanters in a group *lol*

O

old.anubis

Originally posted by old.Nol
Did you rub your hands together in glee?

I still think you have a crack problem btw...3 enchanters in a group *lol*

you can talk on behalf of the whole excal/hib? o_O

O

old.Nol

you can talk on behalf of the whole excal/hib? o_O
You haven't played in 1.5 months but you make it seem more like 6 with such stupid sweeping statements...play on the server then come make a tit of yourself imo.

I

infozwerg

name me another class which can take 3 spots in a group without gimping it?

cleric, druid, mercenary, blademaster, berserker, armsman, hero, warrior, spiritmaster, enchanter

and ofc minstrel :clap:

A

alme

Originally posted by Lumikki
So how often do you actually see 3 savages and 3 healers in the same group? I rarely go to emain so someone elighten me please!

xx

3 healers = always in a good mid grp. Then theres either 2 or 3 svages.

O

old.anubis

Originally posted by old.Nol
You haven't played in 1.5 months but you make it seem more like 6 with such stupid sweeping statements...play on the server then come make a tit of yourself imo.

so what?
did you do it? yes you did
even half a year after introduction of sc
i believe my eyes, not your word
now give me a favor, fo

Q

quinthar

Originally posted by cjkaceBM
There are lies, lies and damn statistics.

I don't see how you can possibly factor in overpoweredness when you don't have other relevant facts.

1 - How much actual time in RVR a person spends.
2 - What groups they are in.
3 - What groups they encounter and beat.

Erm thats why its called Statistics and Averages.

It should not matter that you dont play on Tuesday mornings or I dont play Wednesday nights becasue of my knitting lessons, its about averages, theoretically for each person that doesnt play 24/7 there is one that does for example. Same can be said for groups, for every solo there is a full group.

The stats look interesting if they are legit and as the author states they may or may not be a basis for looking at a particular class.

As for "damned statistics" they control almost every part of your conscious day:

The Cereals you eat for breakfast, the traffic lights you pass, the colour of cars on the road, the type of houses you see, the type of drinks you drink, the type of bed you sleep on do I need to continue?

Q

quinthar

Re: Re: Proof of what classes is overpowered

Originally posted by Whisperess
Also:

Both hit the spot right on imo.

And before you start - yes, savages need some fixes and tweaks. Read other threads if you need repeated to you what those fixes are.

Of course they hit the spot, because the original posters stats are pretty condeming tbh, and as much as Maragin would like you to beleive he has not challenged the stats in any way shape or form, he has merely expressed an opinion not based in fact.

Q

quinthar

Originally posted by cjkaceBM
Not really.

There are far too many variables involved.

If you look at the statistics for Blademasters on Excalibur you would see that -

1 - With over 35 million RPs the top 20 BMs (approx 3% of the BM player base) are responsible for nearly 70% of the total RPs collected by 623 characters.

2 - Over half the total RPs collected by BMs has been done by the top 10.

3 - One person is responsible for over 10% of all the RPs collected by BMs.

Original Stuffed Edited for Brevity

I was under the impression the stats were taken from Seer, which takes into account slightly more than 1 single server, although I could be wrong :) This is why its about averages.

O

old.Nol

so what?
did you do it? yes you did
even half a year after introduction of sc
i believe my eyes, not your word
now give me a favor, fo

You haven't logged into the server for 1.5 months, how can you believe your eyes? You're continuing to make a tit of yourself, I reckon you should move onto another thread now...

O

old.anubis

something changed since 1.5 month apart from zerk/end nerfage? o_O

D

Driwen

Re: Re: Re: Proof of what classes is overpowered

Originally posted by quinthar
Of course they hit the spot, because the original posters stats are pretty condeming tbh, and as much as Maragin would like you to beleive he has not challenged the stats in any way shape or form, he has merely expressed an opinion not based in fact.

imo The_Dunner started from the idea lets find proof that savages are overpowered. This isbecause he does forgets to mention that savages havent been around as much as other classes. His paragraph talking about how he as scientist would call it an anomoly and write an article about it is stupid. It is an interesting phenomenon, but its hardly groundbreaking.

Now statistics is really nice, but in the end it can only suggest something and it can point something weird out that needs looking into. However there are several reasons why savages can be in that position and they have been named in that thread and those are all opinions, but all of them can be correct and statistics cant prove those wrong. So this does point out that savages should be looked into, but doesnt mean they should be nerfed or are indeed overpowered (which they most likely are). Besides that those facts are hardly new to most people, except for how big the difference is from the standard deviation.

Now you think those numbers are purely from savages being overpowered and I think its more of a mix of zerkers/warriors being thought as underpowered as damage dealers, savages being a fun class (with or without being overpowered), it being a new class and them being overpowered. But any of those 4 reasons could be wrong and those statistics would most likely still point out to the same thing.

O

old.Ramas

This is meaningless on so many levels.

It doesn't take account of how much individuals rvr, it doesn't take account of buff bots, it doesn't take account of ex-FotM characters left to rot, it's biased toward less populated realms (which tend to score more rp due to reduced downtime finding enemies), it doesn't take account of lowRR and lowlvl distribution that current FotM classes tend to have, and 101 other problems which affect different classes differently.

If it were based upon average IRS score, then you might have some means of faint comparison, though only between classes of similar archetype (well played healing classes die less often than well played light tanks for instance, but both would gain similar totals/hour of rp). Even IRS is far from ideal though.

http://guilds.camelotherald.com/realms/war.php?server=Guinevere&t=irs

But it isn't.

Users who are viewing this thread