Proof of what classes is overpowered

A

Aloca

u even read the thread?
didnt think so.. stfu

B

brommix

its cool, but to be honest that doesnt have to mean anything, anything can be read out of that, i think it says more about realm balance, if it does that at all.

C

cjkaceBM

There are lies, lies and damn statistics.

I don't see how you can possibly factor in overpoweredness when you don't have other relevant facts.

1 - How much actual time in RVR a person spends.
2 - What groups they are in.
3 - What groups they encounter and beat.

S

sigh

Intresting read, lmao at variables, but would you walk down the road that was signed "death down here!"? Its a sign imho. Anyways we all know.

E

Ekydus

It shows which classes are popular in RvR IMO.

We all know that Savages are the most overpowered thing next to Mythic. Just because they are popular in RvR does that make them overpowered? Looking at the fact Necromancers are low... They are mainly PvE machines anyway.

S

samildanachh

maybe savage players are more obsesssive and play more :p

A

agon

Originally posted by belth
Only very unskilled players are drawn to savages and they are realm point machines.

yeah, maybe they should play warrior or some other of daoc's very hard-to-play classes (only savage, sb and zerker are childrens' classes)
sooner or later everybody will know how their classes work..

O

old.anubis

3 savages per rvr group, 3 healers per rvr group, nuff said
name me another class which can take 3 spots in a group without gimping it?
well, maybe three chanters, but the problem with chanters is that there are too many of em
since we divide rps per person
one zillion pve necros just put them at the bottom of the list

W

Whisperess

Originally posted by Aloca
http://vnboards.ign.com/message.asp?topic=55914170&replies=103

notice, savage the most overpowered, ButBMs isnt that gimped either

Originally posted by Maragin @ VNboards
"Sadly, the next thing that jumps out immediately is that something is very very wrong with the Savage"

Disagree. Those numbers just say that the Savage is a class people like.

If Hibernia had gotten a very "cool" melee class during SI called a "Ninja" it's popularity would have been sky-high out of concept alone. They could be balanced light tanks, but ninja backflip evades and katana sword styles would drive the population way up. Combine that with, say, a 40% reduction to BM's damage, and you'd have an unnecessary nerf call for a class just based on popularity.

That said, I believe that savages need adjusting... but that has nothing to with population balance. I hope, for many people's sake, that they do find a balance with the Savage class, and not give it a nerf burial.

Final point: Using population numbers to find out what is popular is fine. Using general population numbers as the indicator for what "needs love" and what "needs toned down" is folly.

Also:

Originally posted by testaoq ( Hibernian RvR teamlead ) @ VNboards

Also things to consider:

Resists are overpowered at the moment, so melee and healing are the 'most efficient' way of dealing damage in a gank group setting.

There's a huge Albion Warder Zerg on many servers to feed rps to the often more-skilled-but-heavily-outnumbered Hibs and Mids.

We might be seeing Elds, Runemasters, Wizards coming up higher in the coming months.

Both hit the spot right on imo.

And before you start - yes, savages need some fixes and tweaks. Read other threads if you need repeated to you what those fixes are.

I

ilaya

Originally posted by old.anubis
name me another class which can take 3 spots in a group without gimping it?
well, maybe three chanters, but the problem with chanters is that there are too many of em

3 chanters in a group? what planet u on? seriously? u are lucky if u get less than 5 tanks/stealthers in groups in hib.. chanters are pl tools like necros basically..

3?!! without gimping? hmm.. dont think so..

A

adari

u even read the thread?
didnt think so.. stfu

i dont think u will want to post here if u expect people to read :p

A

Aloca

Originally posted by cjkaceBM
There are lies, lies and damn statistics.

I don't see how you can possibly factor in overpoweredness when you don't have other relevant facts.

1 - How much actual time in RVR a person spends.
2 - What groups they are in.
3 - What groups they encounter and beat.

i know, but shouldnt 1000+ playing each class probably even this out? i mean cant be that the 100% super leet 24/7 players only play savage and the ones almost as good(much playing) is playing BM

O

old.anubis

Originally posted by ilaya
3 chanters in a group? what planet u on? seriously? u are lucky if u get less than 5 tanks/stealthers in groups in hib.. chanters are pl tools like necros basically..

3?!! without gimping? hmm.. dont think so..

when i mezz hib group and three underhills come to me it means that there are indeed three chanters there

C

cjkaceBM

i know, but shouldnt 1000+ playing each class probably even this out? i mean cant be that the 100% super leet 24/7 players only play savage and the ones almost as good(much playing) is playing BM

Not really.

There are far too many variables involved.

If you look at the statistics for Blademasters on Excalibur you would see that -

1 - With over 35 million RPs the top 20 BMs (approx 3% of the BM player base) are responsible for nearly 70% of the total RPs collected by 623 characters.

2 - Over half the total RPs collected by BMs has been done by the top 10.

3 - One person is responsible for over 10% of all the RPs collected by BMs.

What could you read from this?

Nothing.

Why? Because you can't factor in -

A - How long the top 20 have been playing.
B - How many hours per week they spend RvRing.
C - Who they were grouped with.
D - Who and where they fought.

If you compare the three old school light tanks -

Berzerker - 802 characters - 93.3 mill RPs - Top 20 = 47.1 mill RPs = just over 50% of total by Top 20

Blademaster - 623 characters - 48.4 mill RPs - Top 20 = 35 mill RPs = almost 70% of total by Top 20

Mercenary - 787 characters - 45.7 mill RPs - Top 20 = 28.5 mill RPs = approx 63% of Total by Top 20

This shows that on a statistical sense

Blademaster > Mercenary > Berzerkers in % earned by Top20
Berzerker > Blademaster > Mercenary in average RPs for the class.
Berzerker > Blademaster > Mercenary in average RPs for the Top20s

All of which still shows nothing in real terms because you cannot factor any of points A,B,C or D in.

G

Gordonax

It always amazes me that in the RvR boards, you only find Mids who defend savages, and yet in the Mid boards, you find plenty of Mids who recognize it's overpowered. Take for example:
http://forums.game.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=81562&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

Some choice quotes:

"cant wait until the savage nerf"

"I think people are just way too RP horny these days. The game is going to shit..."

"imo its all the l33t arsed ppl pling savages i could probably sit all day at mtk asking for groups with my sm and id get 1 offer out of the lot."

And, my favourite of all...

"mids say about nerf savage,stop about this without them in rvr mids are nothing atm"

Now as I've said before, I don't think savages actually need an out and out nerf - if they were working as intended, with the ratio of single/double/triple/quad hits that the developers originally wanted, and if they lacked determination, they'd be a good, solid light tank capable of dealing more damage than anything else but vulnerable to mezz. Mid groups would actually have to think of tactics that didn't simply involve three savages assisting, as they'd have to split them far enough apart so that not all of them would be mezzed at once, or rely on purge. Savages would still be a good, fun class to play - except perhaps more interesting.

But what Mid desperately needs - for its own players more than anything - is more variety in groups. Basically, if you're not a skald/shammy/savage/healer, there are going to be people who complain that you're gimping their group. Since the LA nerf (which was a nerf) I've even heard tales of zerkers getting booted from groups when yet another savage comes along.

Although people complain that Albion needs more classes to make the ideal RvR group, I see that as a strength. Yes, it means you're waiting around a bit longer for a group to form, but at least there's some variety in the class we can play! And just about every class has something to offer in RvR - sure, you can't make the optimum group, but there are plenty of options, and plenty of classes that offer something in RvR. I don't think the same is true of Mid.

B

Begach

Originally posted by zelur
nerf chanters! Nerf dragonfang!

Givf skalds instruments and songs instead of chants imo. Hib'll be dyin laughing on mass in emain watching you retards fumbling about trying to get the big hammer out.

Be the biggest nerf to alb/hib in the history of DAoC, unable to play for laughing at how badly you retards deal with it.

Skald should be last to complain. Insta everything gimp imo :p

B.

V

Vim

Although people complain that Albion needs more classes to make the ideal RvR group, I see that as a strength. Yes, it means you're waiting around a bit longer for a group to form, but at least there's some variety in the class we can play! And just about every class has something to offer in RvR - sure, you can't make the optimum group, but there are plenty of options, and plenty of classes that offer something in RvR. I don't think the same is true of Mid.

It's not about "optimum group", it's about WORKING GROUP :/ This is why Albs so often have to roam in 2fg, or then it's a tank group.

S

StormriderX

Who cares what retard vn mongs get up to in U.S servers. Not as if they play rvr properly anyway t.t

Mids : Tri spec healurs + Cave/Mend Shamans oh and "Gifv 4s recast insta 450 radius mez on sm!!!"
Hibs: Bm's with 2x fast weapons and 40 weapon spec whining about damage and "Gifv group stag!!!"
Albs: 2h avalonian pallys that don't assist = famous + 4tehw1n and "Gifv us AoE slam!!!"

E

Event

3 chanters in hib rvr grps??? - dont talk nonsense

O

old.anubis

Originally posted by Event
3 chanters in hib rvr grps??? - dont talk nonsense

it happens, or at least happened before (havent played for 1.5 months, so dunno how it's now)

L

Lumikki

So how often do you actually see 3 savages and 3 healers in the same group? I rarely go to emain so someone elighten me please!

xx

O

old.Nol

when i mezz hib group and three underhills come to me it means that there are indeed three chanters there

no, it means you are smoking cracking and being transported to a time before resists.

www.crackaddict.com

O

old.anubis

Originally posted by old.Nol
no, it means you are smoking cracking and being transported to a time before resists.

www.crackaddict.com

fo, will ya?
i havent played in august, but i definitely saw three chanters in some hib groups in july, so fo again

Users who are viewing this thread