Project Natal...

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Xbox.com | Project Natal

this looks kinda interesting. if its as good as microsoft claims i just might actually get me a 360.

and if it IS as good as they claim then both nintendo and sony will have to come up with simething seriously sci-fi to stay in the race.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
ms has history of fucking up potential kewl addons , when sony did eye toy, they did similar but fucked it up with crap software. the orignal 360 came had some nifty feature like head traking for 2 peeps and stuff apart from getting your mug in a game it was and is useless. nce features for the device, hope fully games like forza3 etc will support it but dont hold your breath we will prolly end with a hand full of voer priced xbl games for it.i doubt it will take anything away from the wii. having said i will proly get it should be hacable for use on pc:)

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
ms has history of fucking up potential kewl addons , when sony did eye toy, they did similar but fucked it up with crap software. the orignal 360 came had some nifty feature like head traking for 2 peeps and stuff apart from getting your mug in a game it was and is useless. nce features for the device, hope fully games like forza3 etc will support it but dont hold your breath we will prolly end with a hand full of voer priced xbl games for it.i doubt it will take anything away from the wii. having said i will proly get it should be hacable for use on pc:)

to be fair, the 360 cam wasn't going to be anything but a gadget. It never got half of the attention that Natal has gotten already.

With that said, Im not sure whether the developers wants to take the risk of developing anything but arcade games for Natal.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
project natal is just wii-ising the xbox for competition purposes. I want to slob on my comfy sofa and blow the hell out of ppl not jump about my living room like a looney

tyvm

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Just imagine a FPS were you slap them instead of shooting, thats next gen gaming right there!

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
i personally found E3 hilarious. Had Tony Hawk out there boasting about his new board and then they bring out Natal and in the trailer has the part use your own stuff with a kid skateboarding with no board. You think Tony Hawk and co thought fuck sake we just wasted months on this?

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Can't see this being anything more than a gimmick, in reality it is far too limited to be used in a game of any real calibre.
While it would be cool to navigate the console with the occasional novelty game a-la wii sports i wouldn't spend $100 (rumoured price) or so on it

Sony's release however is very viable in games and it is very easy to see it being ported into games like starwars effectively

Yaka

Part of the furniture
that head tracking would take light gun based games to whole new level. the vids been around ages, fuck knows why we dont have it

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
Give us Streetfighter Natal already.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Give us Streetfighter Natal already.

oh yeah, thats a type of game that would work really well in :)

and married with a gun controller kinda like the one used in duck hunt (but wireless ofc) it would work awesome for FPS games aswell.

i mean, Natal for controlling your toon and the gun insted of that useless controller that needs autoaim to work properly ;)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
that head tracking would take light gun based games to whole new level. the vids been around ages, fuck knows why we dont have it

He is working for Microsoft now so it won't be long before they use the idea, infact it is probably something they can code Natal to do anyway using the depth camera.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
This Project Natal thing looks like an enormous bag of AIDS. Ignoring the fact that I have to install MS fucking SilverGay to get any info about it, it just looks like something for those members of the population who find a controller with 6 buttons on it a bit challenging. I mean I'm looking through my selection of games to try and find one that would work without a controller, and I'm struggling. Driving games? Er no. FPS? Er no. Platform games? Well, they'll work fine if you have some columns in your living room complete with collapsing floors. Otherwise, er no. Football games? Yeah sounds great. As great as Ebola. Beat-em ups? If you're a black belt in kung fu then maybe, but for the rest of us that's just going to hurt.

I could go on, but it's Microsoft's most underwhelming product since Hyper-V.

The Sony one looks more on the right lines, I still fail to see what's wrong with a Dual Shock 3 tho. Having said that, the FPS section of the Sony video looked fucking uber.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
i personally found E3 hilarious. Had Tony Hawk out there boasting about his new board and then they bring out Natal and in the trailer has the part use your own stuff with a kid skateboarding with no board. You think Tony Hawk and co thought fuck sake we just wasted months on this?

Really? Skateboarding with no board? Doesn't that just sound like a really shit idea, doing kickflips and manuals with no board? Most of us call that "having a seizure".

I think Tony probably laughed when he saw it tbh.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Really? Skateboarding with no board? Doesn't that just sound like a really shit idea, doing kickflips and manuals with no board? Most of us call that "having a seizure".

I think Tony probably laughed when he saw it tbh.

who is "most of us"?

Aada

Part of the furniture
This Project Natal thing looks like an enormous bag of AIDS. Ignoring the fact that I have to install MS fucking SilverGay to get any info about it, it just looks like something for those members of the population who find a controller with 6 buttons on it a bit challenging. I mean I'm looking through my selection of games to try and find one that would work without a controller, and I'm struggling. Driving games? Er no. FPS? Er no. Platform games? Well, they'll work fine if you have some columns in your living room complete with collapsing floors. Otherwise, er no. Football games? Yeah sounds great. As great as Ebola. Beat-em ups? If you're a black belt in kung fu then maybe, but for the rest of us that's just going to hurt.

I could go on, but it's Microsoft's most underwhelming product since Hyper-V.

The Sony one looks more on the right lines, I still fail to see what's wrong with a Dual Shock 3 tho. Having said that, the FPS section of the Sony video looked fucking uber.

Because they are terrible control pads and Sony have never once tried to redesign it.

Control pad is the worst thing about the PS3 for me it's just so uncomfortable it's unreal. the Analogue sticks are NOT in a natural position for your thumbs to rest on which can cause pain after 1-2 hours on the PS3.

I remember playing COD WAW on the PS3 and my hands really hurt after a while and i had to stop playing, never once on the 360 have i had to stop playing because my hands hurt.

The 360 controller speaks for itself it's won numerous awards and is even used by Military forces around the world to fly unmanned drones.

Project Natal doesn't really look like my cup of tea but that being said if it takes off then i will surely get one, what i am most interested in from the 360 E3 is that AI boy that Lionhead Studios are creating it looked really awesome from the videos.

Admit it Bodhi E3 for the PS3 was very bland and boring nothing stood out except GOW3, the 360 stole the show with it's exclusives and it's attempts at stealing a huge potential of customers from the Wii.

The PS3 fanbois are probably slamming their fists into their keyboards at the sight of Metal Gear finally reaching the 360.

LIVE just gets better and better and the PSN just keeps falling behind.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Aada, FFXIII missed me off more than MGS ;) But then, I now have both.. So win win for me. (The comment about FF13 needing more than 1 disk on the Xbox made me laugh though)

Both have their merits, but I do prefer the 360 pad :(

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Looks both shit and uninteresting. If I wanted to have to wave my arms about like a loon to play my games I would get a Wii.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Aada, FFXIII missed me off more than MGS ;) But then, I now have both.. So win win for me. (The comment about FF13 needing more than 1 disk on the Xbox made me laugh though)

Both have their merits, but I do prefer the 360 pad :(

It's no secret PS3 fans are still seething at the mouth at the sight of FXIII for the 360 coming out.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Hmmm, is Aada a notorious retarded xbox fanboy or something?

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
I would say the Dual Shock is what put me off the PS3, I have never got on with the pad feels in my hand and it tends to cramp up my hand, my dad knows it, when I go round and play him at a few games of vitrua fighter or something, I win everytime then about half hour in my hand starts to cramp up and he starts to beat me.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
Aada is atleast making some valid points. Bodhi is just trolling.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Bodhi wont accept that PS3 has failed miserably as a games console, its over priced and only has one single decent exclusive left, GT5. Hell even the PSP has more games worth buying than the PS3.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Aada is atleast making some valid points. Bodhi is just trolling.

Cheers wonk I didn't really think I was trolling either my points are valid and I'm not the only one here who thinks the ps3 going from bad to worse.

It is a shame though but Sony havent put near enough money into their console as ms and that is why they are failing microsoft are now starting to see their hard work pay off.

Everything for the 360 is just getting better and better. The catalogue of games it has now is just awesome and LIVE has exceeded everyones expectations now and where it is going in the future E3 showed that this year is going to be another great year for 360 owners.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom