Project Glass...

soze

I am a FH squatter
I like that a lot. That and the Samsung Window could be cool as fuck.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Fuck that. Having spent money to no longer need glasses I'd hate something like this. In addition isn't it missing the obligatory advert bar down the right hand side?

The obsession with AR, 3D, etc is becoming laughable. I'd imagine much better uses for something like medical teaching, e.g. Surgeons wearing them so students can learn procedures by watching live from the surgeons point of view.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
It's the beginning of machines taking over the world, you've seen doctor who.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Here's me hoping he was going to throw himself off at the end.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
the bit at the end pic at the bottom anyone else think new angle for POV pr0n?:ROFLMAO:

but as mystic g says wear glass is such pain, seriously looking into eye surgery as i have had enough of em

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Once again William Gibson accurately predicts the future.

Chilly

Balls of steel
Is that actually real? Those glasses don't exist yet surely?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Is that actually real? Those glasses don't exist yet surely?

No, still a ton of battery and latency issues to resolve yet, but its probably no more than a couple of years away. I await the first court case caused by someone driving into a busload of nuns while using them.

Chilly

Balls of steel
The same was said for women wearing trousers!

Back to OT...this has been a staple of sci-fi for at least a couple of decades, would be fucking awesome to have something like this. On the other hand, it does take us even further down the rabbit hole of playing an mmo called life...

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Please tell me how the eye is supposed to focus on something well inside its minimum focal distance, which is where a lens would be.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It might well project the image onto the eye, rather than the lens.

I don't know what the fuss is about really, I get pestered enough by the internet as it is without having it spamming you all over the place.

Still, it's nice that they showed it without the avalanche of adverts that will no doubt plaque it.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Fucking wonderful, the future is geeks playing ukelele and hanging around in bookstores. :-[

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
yeah, they look like cunts doing that, imagine what they will look like with star trek glasses on?

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Looks awesome.

Bluetooth-headset-whilst-walking-around-a-shop-talking-loudly cunts will be the first to adopt this technology.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
the reality of augmented reality :D

soze

I am a FH squatter
I would treat this like I do my current phone, to text or make a call i stop and stand at the side of the road or pull over. I hate people walking across the road on their phone if I had not been paying attention for the both of us I would of run over a few chavs driving around here.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
It would help if there was universal mobile broadband access in all places to enable this sort of technology.
I wouldn't want them in the way they show in the video because it makes you change focus and distract you from something that could be more important, like driving a car for example.

I can see the likes of Specsavers or Vision Express adding this as an optional extra.
"Would you like a Vdisplay coating for only an extra £199.99?"

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Another thing, the sun is pretty bright. I've never seen any display capable of competing with it. So what happens on a sunny day?

Yaka

Part of the furniture
migrane. a slect few wont get migrane but alot will

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom