Procs

E

Ector

should i put Reactive Ablative proc on all my armor pieces, or should i put a DD or a DoT on some of them?
would like to know some other players oppinions :)

S

Sharma

Well i would personally stick ablatives all over, however some, for example Sycho i have seen has a variety of procs over his armour, ive seen his dmg shield proc etc, its a matter of taste, but if you choose to stick a reactive DoT somewhere, the torso is the best slot since its hit the most.

O

old.mattshanes

It's because i use legion hauberk=damage shield rest are ablatives though.

S

Sharma

Wondered where that damage shield popped up from, i didnt know Legion dropped any 100% quality stuff

O

old.GeForce

DoTs > ablactives imo, tried both on armsman, DoTs more handy. Ablactive absorbs 100, while DoT damages for about 200 in the total 20 seconds, maybe more(?) which basically gives you the advantage in a fight

DoTs are better than DDs, more damage done, just over a period of 20 secs compared to instant one off payload and also I've noticed that DDs tend to fail much more (aguable, as unproofed)

if your a caster on the other hand, save ur cash, ur not meant to melee, and if u do, u die really.

People prefer different things though, experiment like I did :)

Z

zapzap

Originally posted by old.GeForce
DoTs > ablactives imo, tried both on armsman, DoTs more handy. Ablactive absorbs 100, while DoT damages for about 200 in the total 20 seconds, maybe more(?) which basically gives you the advantage in a fight

DoTs are better than DDs, more damage done, just over a period of 20 secs compared to instant one off payload and also I've noticed that DDs tend to fail much more (aguable, as unproofed)

if your a caster on the other hand, save ur cash, ur not meant to melee, and if u do, u die really.

People prefer different things though, experiment like I did :)

Problem is CC is usless if u have reactivedot proc on amour so unless a stealther i say Ablatives > reactive dot procs

Zapsi

E

Ector

Originally posted by old.GeForce

I wouldn't go for a DoT since me (and most ppl) already has DoT procc on the weapon, better to put something else there instead.

I was thinking maybe go ablative all over except for the hauberk where I was thinking about putting a DD. but it depends how much it damages for.
anyone know how much the DD does to another player that has full resists?

O

old.GeForce

Originally posted by Ector
I wouldn't go for a DoT since me (and most ppl) already has DoT procc on the weapon, better to put something else there instead.

I was thinking maybe go ablative all over except for the hauberk where I was thinking about putting a DD. but it depends how much it damages for.
anyone know how much the DD does to another player that has full resists?

true, but most of the other reactives are short lived or shite.

and the DDs hit for 95-120, but easily resisted I reckon

E

ederillan

reactives

I personally don't like the ablatives, unbuffed I have 1700 hits an extra 100 or so don't make that much of a difference and when I'm twisting it just doesn't seem worth the cost and effort. I prefer to do damage as I can cake a boatload of abuse anyway. My preferance would be the celeric (haste) as if I can kill something faster it isn't damaging me or anyone with me anymore.
But as in all things it's just an opinion and as valid as anyone cares it to be.

Ederillan MaGregor
Level 50 paladin
Order of the Unseen
LGM Alchemist 1100

E

ele

Have a bit of a mix..Dot on leather jerkin, haste on helm and ablatives on other 4 pieces..all are activated regularly, although i've found my ablatives go off more in RvR than the other reactives I have, dunno why, cos in PvE haste and DoT reactive go off loads...very strange.

F

Flesh

Currently my paladin is using epic armour except for the bp..which is a sidi heal proc bp.
The amount of times that's gone off and saved my arse has convinced me to attempt to get 5 more sidi heal proc tinctures for my mp plate. oO
Ofc, as mentioned previously in like every post..it's opinion...
Although if I could post some of my screenies I think everyone would go for heal procs/ablatives. oO
For example ..buffed ns pa's me Oo ..both the main hand and off hand healed me..and it resulted in the pa healing me for more dmg then I took ;o
Also ..if you're a cleric..there is no question as to what you go for.. it's heal procs all over..as with wild healing ,master of healing ra's the procs do alot more..

O

old.Nikolas

99% of the reactives I make are Ablative, nice amount of hits, doesn’t get resisted. I however prefer DoT reactives because they can do as much as 300 damage on an enemy opponent - I play Stalker classes so ideally I prefer to take them down fast.

Just remember (amounts are to the nearest 5%):

Vest 40%
Legs 20%
Head 15%
Arms 15%
Boots 5%
Gloves 5%

So I would place the reactives that you want to go off more on your vest/legs/arms and head.

F

Flesh

Originally posted by ele
Have a bit of a mix..Dot on leather jerkin, haste on helm and ablatives on other 4 pieces..all are activated regularly, although i've found my ablatives go off more in RvR than the other reactives I have, dunno why, cos in PvE haste and DoT reactive go off loads...very strange.
The DoT should go off the most, but in general the reason your ablatives go off more is because you have ablatives on 4 pieces.
Also your arms and legs are 2 of the most commonly hit pieces.
Jerkin, then
Sleeves/Legs, then
Helm/Gloves/Boots.

O

old.Mu.

I put a 75AF buff effect thing on my mainhand. The extra AF is nice, but the real reason it's there is because the spell effect looks so awesome. ;) DD effect on my offhand. Heal on Hauberk. Rest of my armour is ablative. This is on my savage, btw.

I like that setup a lot, it's pretty 'typical' tbh, though most people seem to just want DoTs on their weapons. I dunno why. I hated DoTs, and the bloody things never seemed to go off.

One of the reasons I would advise you NOT to get a reactive on your armour is that it sucks when you get attack by a rooted tank.. And the attack sets off the DD.. and the DD breaks root.

If you're a caster then you DEFINITELY don't want this to happen, imo ;o

E

ele

Originally posted by Flesh
The DoT should go off the most, but in general the reason your ablatives go off more is because you have ablatives on 4 pieces.

Yes Flesh, but why don't my NON-ablatives go off as often in RvR as they do in PvE? That was the point I was making.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom