[INFO] Problems

Kelster

Fledgling Freddie
Thought I would start up a thread so people can post hardware that had/has issues with WAR. Maybe a mod could look at these issues then.

I will start....

Problem: Would crash when zoning or logging in quite frequently. NPCs would not be drawn then 5 seconds later game would lock up. Happened after a patch update, was fine in Beta, pre-release and other games.
Cause: Netgear WN121T USB Wireless network card, (OS Vista 64bit).
Resolution: Removed this and plugged my PC directly into the router has solved all these problems.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Massive memory leaks, Numerous random CTDs, combat lag, loads of ghosting (seeing players/mobs that moved on/died ages ago) bugged quests, broken classes, frankly appalling pet and mob pathing, crappy textures, no AA, poor quality sound.

PC is cutting edge, home build for around £1200 a couple of months back running vista 64, no known hardware conflicts, all drivers bang up to date. Plays everything on maximum settings without breaking a sweat except WAR which is a hog.

I uninstalled WAR and cancelled my sub, not had a problem with it since, in fact the disk makes a wonderful coaster for my morning coffee mug.

Loneliness

Loyal Freddie
Minimum spec computer no ctd experienced yet, no problems, no major freezes yet, rp memory leak was a pain untill i installed an addon but other than that game has been great and even tier1,2,3 scenarios till 4am on k&8 so im extremly happy.

Still a couple out/ingame issues, rezz timer after rezz and percentage off daoc-war sub if you pay for both instead of a pay for one the other free that im not happy with but performance wize is aokay.

Loneliness

Loyal Freddie
I uninstalled WAR and cancelled my sub, not had a problem with it since, in fact the disk makes a wonderful coaster for my morning coffee mug.

:( hopeyou come back sometime raven, get one of those usb plugin coasters that heats up and keeps your coffee hot, much better.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I will do mate, leaving it until after Christmas :)

Hopefully they will have fixed most of the issues by then.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!

He says this is because of performance issues - we all know it's because my squig herder killed him once and he can't live with the knowledge.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Its true! They are in league with my pet which killed me at every opportunity :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom