Problems with TOA...

Diddyman

Fledgling Freddie
Thought I'd start a thread for any one having problems TOA..

Problem No. 1 - Installing

The lazy fukwits have put TOA in one great big EXE file, therefore you put the CD in and go to install, and all the lights come on but not much happens..

If u have Anti-virus software, then it may pay to disable it. As it seems to takes quite a while to scan a 600mb EXE file

It solved my problem.

Diddy

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Lots of games do that now, soon as I switched off the A/V install time went from 33 mins to 3 mins. Sloppy work.

Blood

Fledgling Freddie
this isnt toa specific.

Mythic/Goa changed something about the way the launcher spawns the game.dll thread, unfortunately it has broken my internet connection which was relying on being run trough sockscap (or it could be some new anti hack thingie).

Its been working with sockscap since beta, with both classic and SI clients.. but as of 1.67 it stopped working

playing now would require me to each time swap cables & manually change network settings back and forth.. and will mean only 1 machine can be online (which means i cant monitor work servers etc.. so not really an option)

i suppose i could setup a proper gateway, just silly that i have to jump trough hoops (and pay for) for something thats been working fine for 2+ years.. makes me WANT TO SCREAM

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Blood said:
i suppose i could setup a proper gateway, just silly that i have to jump trough hoops (and pay for) for something thats been working fine for 2+ years.. makes me WANT TO SCREAM

Reminds me of when my proper gateway (which I had paid for), suddenly stopped working with the ISP, and no other gateway would work either ! So I'm back to the old having one computer running in order to get any to connect situation.

Darzil

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom