Problems with the patch

U

Urme the Legend

The only way is to delete all characters.. reinstall the game.. and chose Midgard.

(Sorry I don't know :) still at work :( )

L

Lessurl

Did you make your update.dat read only? Some people did that to stop it patchin to american when the euro server was down. If you did you'll have to switch it back to let it patch. :)

C

congin

My daoc is offically retarded atm :(

I've downloaded the 1.60 patch but when im gonna log in i get a messages saying:

Unable to find patch destination!
Please check for a program update!

Anyone know how to solve this one?

G

Genesis_of_Ak

One solution that may be useful:

1. Exit DAOC
2. Turn PC off
3. Go to pub
4. Get drunk
5. Send continuous stream of SMS text messages to girlfriend
6. Try to patch relationship up with girlfriend following day
7. If step 6 fails repeat stages 3 and 4 until brain hurts

T

Tasans

What concerns me is that ALOT of people use unleashed etc.
Just look at their forums, kiddies went nuts when the patch came.

A

Arnor

Originally posted by Urme the Legend
The only way is to delete all characters.. reinstall the game.. and chose Midgard.

(Sorry I don't know :) still at work :( )

NOnononononononononononononononono, delete and join HIB! they want you MUCH more, and they are MUCH more uber etc

S

Stormm

i had this patch bytes shiat and i don't use Daox - clicked on check box to check all files (on the panel before it checks for updates) and this sorted the problem out.

There is another problem with the patch tho so be carefull - 5 mins into playing 1.60 and was a load 'bang!' and a sheet load o smoke came out me comp, funnily enuff meh pc dont turn on anymore.

reckon mythic will pay for teh new one??

P

[PS]Nova

Originally posted by Stormm
i had this patch bytes shiat and i don't use Daox - clicked on check box to check all files (on the panel before it checks for updates) and this sorted the problem out.

There is another problem with the patch tho so be carefull - 5 mins into playing 1.60 and was a load 'bang!' and a sheet load o smoke came out me comp, funnily enuff meh pc dont turn on anymore.

reckon mythic will pay for teh new one??

Well it's obviously related... :p

P

parisienscot

Originally posted by Lessurl
Did you make your update.dat read only? Some people did that to stop it patchin to american when the euro server was down. If you did you'll have to switch it back to let it patch. :)

Fabulous idea!!! I got patched to US servers last night!! Wish I'd thought of that before but I thought it only happened to other people ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom