Help Problems with one of my drives

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
As I stated in another thread, I got a new graphics card. I've always found it better to reinstall Windows when that happens so that's what I've done. No problems there, everything on that front is fine. The issue starts with one of my drives. I've got 7 of them. My MB has 6 SATA ports and 2 GSATA ports.

The drive that is plugged into the GSATA port isn't showing up in "This PC" However in Disk Management it's showing up as a new volume and as far as I know that means a new, unformatted volume. There's fucking data on that drive, I know this for a fact because it's where some of my Steam games are installed. I can't remeber what other data is on there so I don't want to format it and lose anything.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
All motherboard drivers installed? It's worth going to the support page of whatever motherboard model it is and check to see if there are any drivers for third party SATA controllers.

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
It's the oddest thing. I thought maybe it needed drivers so I installed them, nothing. I then decided to swap out the cable for an empty drive plugged into one of the main SATA ports. Then the fucking thing wouldn't boot at all. I had to format and install again. What do yuo know, the drive is working fine. Fucking computers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom