Problems with MSI 560Ti

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I noticed a few people have bought this card (as have I) but I am experiencing a problem.

I installed the 266.77 (GTX560Ti Extra) drivers off the disk, then after went to the MSI site (as BF3 kept moaning) and installed the latest drivers off their site (something like 280).

The past couple of day's my pc has been restarting alot. Most of the time you just click your Windows profile to log in and it restarts.

Alot of people are saying to increase the Volts from 1.14 to 1.15 or drop the core down from 900 to 880.

To all the people who own the MSI 560Ti Frozr 2. What drivers are you using please? Also has anyone had any issues like mine?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Have you tried turning it off and back on again?

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Changed the mvolt from 987 to 1000 (1V). Will see if this is stable.

Some people mentioned updating the BIOS. Do they mean the motherboard BIOS, or can you update the GPU BIOS? I did not know if these were seperate, or just the same thing.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Seems like this may be the fix.

Could people here please tell me what voltage their card runs at?

Cyradix

FH is my second home
I never use the drivers from the card manufacturer. I always use the drivers straight from the nvidia website (now at 285.62 which have some improvements for BF3)
Only thing from MSI I use is the afterburner thingie...

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I'vr got one of these cards, I have Win 7, and and I7 if that helps, I've not had any problems.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Changed the mvolt from 987 to 1000 (1V). Will see if this is stable.

Some people mentioned updating the BIOS. Do they mean the motherboard BIOS, or can you update the GPU BIOS? I did not know if these were seperate, or just the same thing.
The GPU will have it's own bios.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Thanks all. Gonna try the latest drivers now. Everything has been fine since I increased the volts from 975mvolt to 1volt.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Thanks all. Gonna try the latest drivers now. Everything has been fine since I increased the volts from 975mvolt to 1volt.

You really shouldn't have to do that kind of shit. I'm nervous now, because according to UPS my Frozr arrived in Dublin this morning....

Bahumat

FH is my second home
See how you get on with yours buddy. Iirc I have a Be Quiet 750w psu, windows 7 64bit (all of which should make no difference).

If you get the same problem it will cause auto restarts just as you log into windows.

Also use the nvidia 285 drivers from their site. If you don't get problems I will speak to ebuyer regarding my card.

I am kind of hoping you experience the same so it confirms running at 1v fixes this.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Installed it and everything's groovy so far. Interestingly I'm immediately playing better...

Bahumat

FH is my second home
DaGaffer can you tell me what settings MSI Afterburner is showing please? Most important is the Voltage

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom