Problems with mic quality/sound in game

P

Paranoid_

I am having major probs with my voice comm in game. I sound ok for the first second, but immediately after my voice bcomes crackly and fades. No 1 can understand me.

I have a new USB headset (which works perfect with everything else), i have even copied another persons config voice commands, but nothing is working.

Has anyone had the same problem? I need help desparately.

Thanx.

Just tried voice_tweak.exe, and it comes with the error message "cannot find mic volume" and doesnt open.

Is this related?

thanx again

T

Tom

Before you even think about halflife, do a few tests in windows. There are probably some ickle voice recorders you can download on the net.

Make sure that your microphone isn't picking up any audio from your speakers either.

P

Paranoid_

Jonny Bravo....i could kiss you! You beauty!

I cant believe its as something as simple as that, ur a life saver.

This is the 4th forum ive asked in about this problem, and ur the only 1 that knew the answer.

cheers m8.

J

Johnny Bravo

Originally posted by para_noid
Jonny Bravo....i could kiss you! You beauty!

Yeuch :D

We had a clan member with same probs m8...we nick named him Bubbles could it sounded like he was blowing bubbles when talking....took us weeks to find out the problem was the key bind he was using :D

Y

~YuckFou~

I have voice disabled as I find its the voices that are irritating not the sound quality :)

Plus I have a very deep voice (barry white stylee) and would just turn you all on.

L

legendario

Originally posted by ~YuckFou~
IPlus I have a very deep voice (barry white stylee) and would just turn you all on.

:D

Now if we could get you, dolly and trems to speak at the same time...

*faints*

Users who are viewing this thread