Problems with Kirk

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
First time we took Kirk on was with 2 FG in BG .. beat him easy ... however group with phobe got credit and the mele heavy group i was in did'nt.

Tried him again last night with the Belt from the barrier (to disable his AOE attacks) and the gem from 3 fire men (to disable the traps). Beat him easly again with group of 5 people (i think we were all in a Bg at the time). But still no credit

Tried him again when he repoped but got blasted in about 10 sec's flat since the gem and belt had disapeared from the second attempt.

Q) Any idea's what went wrong and why we did not get credit.

Q) To pass ML trail's that are listed as battlegroup is any kind of criteria you need to fill ie have more than one group in BG. Or should you be able to get credit if you can complete the trial with a FG or less ?

Thanks in Advance

Garok

Garok said:
First time we took Kirk on was with 2 FG in BG .. beat him easy ... however group with phobe got credit and the mele heavy group i was in did'nt.

Tried him again last night with the Belt from the barrier (to disable his AOE attacks) and the gem from 3 fire men (to disable the traps). Beat him easly again with group of 5 people (i think we were all in a Bg at the time). But still no credit

Tried him again when he repoped but got blasted in about 10 sec's flat since the gem and belt had disapeared from the second attempt.

Q) Any idea's what went wrong and why we did not get credit.

Q) To pass ML trail's that are listed as battlegroup is any kind of criteria you need to fill ie have more than one group in BG. Or should you be able to get credit if you can complete the trial with a FG or less ?

Thanks in Advance

Garok
need to have a BATTLE GRP consisting of more than 1 grp, although just form 2 half grps and battl group together, that will work, so 4 in one and 4 in other

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
I killed him in a FG without using a Battlegroup or being in a Battle group

Graknak

Fledgling Freddie
aye we went there a few days ago, but ppl where already busy killing him so we joined their bg allmost at the end of the fight and managed to get credit, we didn't get the ring tho, only the main group gets that afaik.

Note: you do have to hit Kirk at least once with yer char to gain credit afaik, at least thats what the guide says, so even casters/healers etc. need to, also pets musn't get last hit or you won't get credit.

Arus Canus

One of Freddy's beloved
Not true, never hit any mobs with my cleric and always got credit.

Path

Fledgling Freddie
Graknak said:
aye we went there a few days ago, but ppl where already busy killing him so we joined their bg allmost at the end of the fight and managed to get credit, we didn't get the ring tho, only the main group gets that afaik.

Note: you do have to hit Kirk at least once with yer char to gain credit afaik, at least thats what the guide says, so even casters/healers etc. need to, also pets musn't get last hit or you won't get credit.

I ceratinly never hit Kirk. When we did him we didn't bring the items, turned out to be a rather difficult fight due to all the AEs. If it's flagged as a BG encounter though both groups should've gotten credit.

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Ok managed to get credit on the 4th time we down'd him.

There are a number of things that i think may have effected us not getting credit on the prevous attampts.

a) One of the raiding group not being in the battle group.

b) One of the battlegroup not being in the Local Area ie AFK back at the Haven.

c) Someone not in group or battle group casting a spell (healchant or heal from buffbot etc) in the vacinity of the Mob that may enter in the Agro table.

As Path said the encounter can tricky with out the belt and gem for 1 FG or even 2 due to the AOE and Mob spawing Traps and haveing to re-farm these after is an Arse tbh... so maybe worth double checking the above three points before you start such encounters.

Arus Canus

One of Freddy's beloved
need to farm 3-4 ruby anyway. 1 for kirk 2-3 for cetus if he decides to port away and heal.

Linnet

Fledgling Freddie
I know we fought Rassa tonight and one of our group had not joined the battlegroup, but he got credit for it.

I think it was because we ended up getting the aggro. My guess is that the group which did most of the killing/aggro getting gets the credit, and so do the battlegroup they are on (no idea what happens if members of your group are in different battlegroups though)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom