Problems with abilities in scenarios?

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie
Hi Folks,

Been doing some t3 scenarios just now, playing zealot. I have noticed a couple of things, my 3 sec cast heal isnt healing, just tried it on a guildy in scenario and there is nothing from it, all other heals appear to be fine even 3 sec group heal. morale abilities arent firing, was at dest spawn and tried firing my rank 3 and i got the animation but no shield, after the gcd the icon for it was still there. kept clicking on it, kept getting the animation but no ability and the ability still there.

this has happened a couple in a couple of scenarios but all seem to work fine in pve.

anyone else getting or has got anything like this? pretty frustrating.....i'll fraps it if needs be...

Dard

Part of the furniture
I was in a T3 scenario last night, Dust of Pandemonium (The grp one) didnt appear to be healing my grp sometimes, i put it down to the lag.

Had the same problems with the moral abilities, sometimes they fire, sometimes they dont & sometimes after they fire they stay lit up.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Normally moral abilities are bugged, but i've also noticed tonight my 3s heal on zealot isnt healing, the bar goes up then nothing happens...reported it as a bug

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie
Normally moral abilities are bugged, but i've also noticed tonight my 3s heal on zealot isnt healing, the bar goes up then nothing happens...reported it as a bug

i have had the abilites bugged that they dont go off when u hit it because of gcd or they are just slightly slow in doing what you tell it to do. just took a 17 second video of me hitting the morale three icon over and over and over and.....nothing.

i have reported both.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Rez and Dark medicine only seem to be working 50% of the time as well

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
Had the same problems with morale abilities, but as has already been said, it is a known issue. Sometimes they will fire, sometimes they won't.

Not had any problems with the 3 sec heals on the RP, might be a problem specific to the zealot.

rynnor

Rockhound
Not had any problems with the 3 sec heals on the RP, might be a problem specific to the zealot.

It certainly used to work in scenarios on my zealot - will try it tonight - your sure it started casting right?

rynnor

Rockhound
Rez and Dark medicine only seem to be working 50% of the time as well

Thats just the server not detecting that you initiated the ability - happens a lot - mashing the buttons repeatedly works tho...

Khale

Fledgling Freddie
I've got a pretty good machine and I've got hardly lag, just some frame drops. But I've noticed a lot of people having lag as they seem to go right through me in PvP Scenario's. So even with no lag it's still unplayable and I did fire some morales but it only works on a person who isn't lagging either (makes sure that the person is standing there and not somewhere else).

But I don't know if many noticed but this game has the same issues Dark Age of Camelot had with mobs (PvE). When you attack a mob you will notice the mob moves just before it dies to the spot it's located on the server (server apparantly keeps track of the mobs position) but on the client's screen you will not see that until the mob is about to die (in most cases flees but never actually does on the client). For range and most melee fights this is fine as we got auto-facing in the game but in quite some melee fights (and I'm coming back to the PvP) this might not work as people are lagging too much or non at all.

Somehow because of certain lagfactors people aren't synched with each other and the server.

Aqe

One of Freddy's beloved
Ye its the lag. If you cast a spell wait 2-10 seconds and it fires of. The longer cast the longer delay. Instants is still instants, 1sec is 1-2sec, 3sec is 5-6. 6 sec is 10-30..
This effect is showing more since the combat update they did last month in closed beta. People complained that there where delay between pressing spell and it firing, so they changed it so spells will start the animation no matter if you got response from server. The server then try to catch up and check if it was possible to cast the spell and either cancel it or fire it when casting is done. Now with the huge server lag the server have a hard time catching up and confirming the cast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom