Problems Installing Win2k

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
Guys,

Trying to geta neighbours PC up and running and installing WIN2k, but Im repeatedly getting BSoD during bootup

Processor : AMD Duron 1200
Memory : 256MB
IDE Drives :
Primary Master : 6GB Seagate, jumper set to master
Secondary Master : Nikimi 40GB HDD jumper set to master
Secondary Slave : 36x CDROM
Mobo : Gigabyte GA-7DXR

Previously it had been setup for RAID, but not properly. TRying to turn it back to a standard PC but with little success. Latest BSOD message :

INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE.

Any hints, tips?

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
use fdisk on a floppy and do fdisk /mbr to write each drive a new master boot record. seems logical to me, but I'm hungover. good luck Lazman!!

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
Still not completely solved this one yet, but something sprang to mind. I checked the memory stick installed, and its a DDR 2700 256MB.

Checking the manual for the mobo, says it supports PC1600 and PC2100. Could this be causing the problems?

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
Lazarus said:
Checking the manual for the mobo, says it supports PC1600 and PC2100. Could this be causing the problems?
Well,

Apparently it was the problem. up and running and installing with the stick from my machine. Thanks for the hrlp TdC (Hangover and all)

.Wilier.

One of Freddy's beloved
Lazarus said:
Well,

Apparently it was the problem. up and running and installing with the stick from my machine. Thanks for the hrlp TdC (Hangover and all)

So now you have a stick of 2700 fitted in yours? PAH, hope youve reimbursed the neighbour the difference???

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
hehe no worries Lazman. glad it's all working now :) btw, bit strange that ram thing. on the web that mobo was billed as a reasonable overclocking platform in it's day so one would expect it to handle speedy ram. perhaps the stick itself is dodgy mate? a ram test thing may be in order.

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
.Wilier. said:
So now you have a stick of 2700 fitted in yours? PAH, hope youve reimbursed the neighbour the difference???

Nope. Not sure if it would work correctly with the other 2100 sticks I have installed.

Bad Wilier for thinking such thoughts! :twak:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom