Problems connecting to servers!!!

M

macaroon

Hope someone can help with this one!!

I have a broadband connection with bt internet using a speedtouch 510i v4.

When I try to connect to some servers i cannot get connected and a message similar to the following (which i got from the game.net preview server):

net ports: server 27015, client 27005
server IP address 10.0.0.2:27015
no IPX support
Connecting to 213.221.178.69.27015
LAN servers are restricted to local clients (class C)

I think it is something to do with my modems setup but am not sure cos im new to all this broadband stuff.

p.s. the only other thing connected to my modem is an Xbox.

D

Deadmanwalking

That message is to do with Half-Life.

It means that the server is set to only allow people on a LAN with the server to join.

Now the fact you got it from the Game.net preview server means that either the server is set up wrong (Which it isn't) or your router is having problems like you suggested.

I see you have your router in NAT so that you have one external IP and all the computers attached to it have internal ips starting at 10.0.0.1.
Try setting the routers DMZ setting or similar to your computers internal IP and try again. Open the ports 27005 and 27015 to your computer as well.

Hope this helps

D

Deadmanwalking

That's a very nice compliment clowneh :D

You feeling ok? :p

C

Clowneh!

It's fucking scary that's what it is!

Kind regards

M

macaroon

Update!!

I have changed my modem setting to DHCP spoofing and ports are open but problem still occurs exactly as before (apart from my IP address is now the address alocated by the ISP (BT Yahoo broadband))

Any further suggestions.

D

Deadmanwalking

Does it happen to the majority of servers?

Do you get any similar problems with other games?

M

macaroon

it happens to all half life servers on this site, when using gamespy its about 50/50, using in game launcher same as gamespy.

MOHAA servers on site seem to work tried about 10 servers and only 2 couldn't connect.

problem with half life??

Users who are viewing this thread