Problem with targeting stuff.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Having no trouble with it in Catacombs client using Derida 1.80.

I noticed something like this happen about 3 patches ago where I had to target much more specifically on the name rather than the model. So maybe I've already adjusted and target where it wants.

Zede

Part of the furniture
This is seriously taking the piss from Mythic. Takes like 3 attempts to target anything. what fucks me off most if they knew ALL ALONG of this bug before 1.75 went live, and said FUCK ALL to us in Europe about this.

Like....did they think we would not notice ? I am truly shocked at the level of shear incompetance. We should have waited and gone straight to 1.76. I guess PBaoE classes will have a field day this patch.

it simply has to be hotfixed.

Maoni

Fledgling Freddie
it working as intended acording requiel...

"Hey guys, lets make targeting abit more difficult - I bet the players will love that!"

...as intended

I dont get it why they changed it to begin with? was there any bug with targeting before to make this change happen?

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
It may be working as intended and indeed not be a bug, but I dont see why that would keep em from changing it back since there havent been ANY positive feedback on this "feature" afaik? Working as intended is not working well by default.

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
havent noticed anything, you guys mean that if you press and hold mouse 1 it doesnt target correclty or?.. cause i allways just press mouse 1 for .01sec or so when playing :p

Gamah

Banned
yes it doesn't target till you release the button..uber hard when your targeting a luri from clipping tbh ;)

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
Zede said:
This is seriously taking the piss from Mythic. Takes like 3 attempts to target anything. what fucks me off most if they knew ALL ALONG of this bug before 1.75 went live, and said FUCK ALL to us in Europe about this.

Like....did they think we would not notice ? I am truly shocked at the level of shear incompetance. We should have waited and gone straight to 1.76. I guess PBaoE classes will have a field day this patch.

it simply has to be hotfixed.

the hate is strong in this one

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Joor said:
Its not working for me on live US servers..

I concur :p

last night I also noticed another side effect, after pressing 'enter' or '/' to initiate typing mode left clicking with the mouse does not target anything..... I hope there is some obvious setting to change that?

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Gamah said:
yes it doesn't target till you release the button..uber hard when your targeting a luri from clipping tbh ;)

were you previously able to hold down the mouse button and move it around till you got a target?

Phoebee-v-

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
were you previously able to hold down the mouse button and move it around till you got a target?

No. Before it was at th push you got target not release of the mouse button. Effects large fights when you are MA and it takes 5sec to just get the right target. and that is if the target stands still and not lag. :mad:

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
It must just be my play style, but I've actually been finding stuff easier to target since patch - managed to get a number of Luris on top of nGed spire last night when before all I'd have ever got was the tower itself.

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
have to say that targetting is a complete nightmare - lost to a very fast mid group last night several time because i was unable to target one of them and mezz - when i did eventually get a target - clciking mezz gave a 'your target is too faw away message' GRRRRRRRRRRRR

Joor

Can't get enough of FH
Its a big problem for bard or healer..lets say u lead as bard..and want to insta the pac healer on inc..u click him, but hes moving at speed 5+ so after u release left mouse buttom targets is gone.

limpit

Fledgling Freddie
Javai said:
Having no trouble with it in Catacombs client using Derida 1.80.

I noticed something like this happen about 3 patches ago where I had to target much more specifically on the name rather than the model. So maybe I've already adjusted and target where it wants.
i noticed something similar to that (although it was last patch, not 3 patches ago for me)... seems its taking a lot long to aquire the desired target...

one thing i don't understand is the absolute ignorance that we seem to have on the european servers...

so the US servers are now on version 1.77 and we've been patched to 1.75 or whatever... so that means that all the bugs and hot fixes that have needed to be implemented on the US servers between 1.75 and 1.77 Mythic must know about... and something like this to me is a big issue to me coz i just can't understand why they can't be prepaired for such bugs...

i am very aware that different versions might bring about major changes to the coding of the game which mean that certain fixes are only possible when the newer code from the major patches has been implemented, but there's still something very wrong with the whole system...

it really does seem like we're just the European servers and in the grand scale of Mythic's plan we don't really matter too much...

Joor

Can't get enough of FH
For the last time, there is no "hot fix" for the problem ..since ppl still having this issue on live US with patch 1.77

Espen

Banned
its not a bug its a change of code.. the reason it is how it is now is because they added a new option.. "mouse pan" wich is on mousebutton 1.... if you unset this button it wil be slightly easier to target but still it is set to mouse-release then mouse-click..

sneakies

Fledgling Freddie
Joor said:
Its a big problem for bard or healer..lets say u lead as bard..and want to insta the pac healer on inc..u click him, but hes moving at speed 5+ so after u release left mouse buttom targets is gone.

I noticed this problem on my first (And only to date) rvr run after the patch. I'd run along, see a full mid group - and sit here spamming mouse1 over the group (to select any target), and still struggle to land a hit on a target so i could cast any form of mezz or cc.

Im sure there some sort of trick to it - but i want it easy mode! Cant we just point, click, and have the target? :touch:

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
And you know what's even more annoying? When you *think* you selected a new enemy and /face to your target, only to find that you're staring at your previously killed enemy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom