Problem with 2 accounts/one machine

R

reinhart

As the title says I have got a problem playing two accounts at the same time on one machine. Here is the configuration:

Windows XP
Athlon 2000
Ram 512 SDram 133
Harddisk defragmented
Creative Live Soundblaster
Geforce 4 TI 4200
MB ECSK7S5a

The two accounts are run in 1024x768 and 800x600 (with all graphics turned down). Installed in two different directories.

The funny problem is that is used to work fine. In the beginning I lvled my alt on skrats in Hagal. No problem. Then went to Spindel - no problem. Now returning after a weeks vacation to Skrats the game hard crashes randomly with looping sound beginning from 5 min into the game (never before 5 min). And I didnt change one single thing in the meantime !!!

First thought about heat problem, but my monitor says 54 degress which seems pretty normal. Then I uninstalled the game and installed Nvidia 44.67 new drivers including directx 9a. Nothing worked....

Now I am completely lost as to what can be the problem. Any help anyone would be mightily appreciated

Best Regards

Rein

A

andyr00barb

Possibly a memory issue. Try and find yourself a DOS memory checker, there are some shareware ones out there. With the right software it's easy to rule out a memory problem.

I've had a couple of memory sticks go recently and it seems to cause random havoc.

Post back here if you have trouble getting hold of any suitable software and I'll see if I can mail you some.

Cheers..

R

reinhart

Solved Problem

Apparently a heat thing. Now with an extra cooler things are ok

Thx for all help

Rein

S

sundra

what i find is if u run daoc(or SI) but dont go past cd key then run it again then access an account go in with a char than alt tab and run the next account it seems to bypass it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom