Problem logging into frontier zone

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
Having the same problem :( All my chars that are logged into the frontiers I am no longer able to logg on. Though I did have one character in PoC which I managed to logg into the Frontiers via that.

Everytime I hit escape its putting me back to desktop and shutting the game down. Have tried about 5times already with the same char... But ofc will keep trying.

Hope Someone has some answers soon ;/

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Pissing me off big time

Dont even want to rvr, just move a char over to gothwaithe for dragon raid :/

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
Thanks for explaining that for me Erivoss :) So its more to do with lots of people loading at once, not lots of people being in the same zone at once? Thus meaning its likely to calm down a lot after the initial rush to log in? Seems a bit odd that certain characters will fail to load 100% of the times, whilst other will work fine, but then I wont pretend to understand how all the hardware works.
[GOA]Erivoss said:
There's around 1500 players on both servers at the moment - we would have had a lot more reports of this problem if it was generic to everyone, not just a handfull of them.
Everyone online in my guild at the moment is experiencing it on at least one of their characters, but thats only because i asked them to try other characters out ;)

Servers were up about 6 or 7 hours before i expected, being able to only play most of my characters in the zones i want to is still better than not being able to play at all. So I'm still a happy customer.

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
This that annoyed me is, I logged in fine earlier and went afk for abit and it auto logged me out ;/ Now I can't logg in with the same character ;<

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
My Sorc can zone in and out
My Cleric on a different account Can't :(

Ofc the clerics my bot so theres no point me playing without it

If this is due to the load... how come US servers and German servers can take 2500+ people, ours starts to shake and fall at 2000.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
[GOA]Erivoss said:
This is due to load. I'm in the NF zones at this moment and there are 790 people connected just in the New Frontiers zones. I'm in the middle of nowhere but I imagine that near the frontier keeps it must be horrible.

This isn't a bug it's just that there are so many people in the zones. It's annoying and frustrating, especially if you were looking forward to some RvR today - all I can suggest is keep trying to log in, eventually you'll get in. Other than that, problems should subside over the next few days as less people go into the NF zones.

No disrespect but if this is what is going to happen at the beginning of prime time on a Wed night, its crap. I guess we can forget playing weekends at all. Uncluster Pry and Excal if this is what it is going to be like.

Twoeye

Can't get enough of FH
yay !!!! this is fun...i have all my chars in front ;(

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
And people laughed at me last night when I recommended they log out in Snowdonia rather than Sauvage...this used to happen even before cluster if there was something big going on and alot of people were stood around at Sauvage - perhaps if you are in game you could try porting your BB's to Snowdonia to ease the load for people trying to log into Sauvage (and ofc the HIb and Mid equivalents).

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Bubble said:
If this is due to the load... how come US servers and German servers can take 2500+ people, ours starts to shake and fall at 2000.
Because those 2500+ people usually aren't all trying to play in one zone. The server is fine, it can handlea lot more than 2500 people at once however when you get all the people in one zone it causes the saturation problems that Erivoss explained.

Currently there are 912 people in NF which is about three times the usual number for each server, and around 100-120 in each of the main border zones (Sauvage, Uppland and Cruachan).

Tsabo

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
Because those 2500+ people usually aren't all trying to play in one zone. The server is fine, it can handlea lot more than 2500 people at once however when you get all the people in one zone it causes the saturation problems that Erivoss explained.

Currently there are 912 people in NF which is about three times the usual number for each server, and around 100-120 in each of the main border zones (Sauvage, Uppland and Cruachan).

So how is this resolved? People(myself included) cant move chars from nf to goth etc to do pve either. I have had to resort to making a new char to play with a friend as I cant do any pve or rvr with my high lvl chars.

Are you just hoping the problem will go away after a few days and people have stopped all going rvr at the same time?

What about when RRs occur. This is going to be just as bad.

Is there anything that goa/mythic or who ever can do to fix this problem? Or are they just crossing their fingers and hoping?

Necroscope

Fledgling Freddie
Noticed that I could log on my "dodgy" char on my main comp (which is alot more faster then other comp).

Moved the char out from frontiers and logged out. Logged in again from my lesser good comp and I had no problems logging in.

rynnor

Rockhound
Requiel said:

But that doesnt explain why people have had problems logging into that zone since mid-afternoon - it was way before peak and not everyone was in NF - if this servers useless at weekends and evenings people will not hang around...

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
Requiel, I <3 you no matter what the servers are doin.

Starwind

Can't get enough of FH
Does not help when there is 20000 bb's and people stood in the doorway were you port in. When people moved away from doorway poeple were getting in at last, on Mid anyways.

So a little Tip is not to clog the place where people zone in with BB's etc etc, not a very good idea for your BB aswell , as it may go LD.

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
Starwind said:
Does not help when there is 20000 bb's and people stood in the doorway were you port in. When people moved away from doorway poeple were getting in at last, on Mid anyways.

So a little Tip is not to clog the place where people zone in with BB's etc etc, not a very good idea for your BB aswell , as it may go LD.

tis bollox anyway .. still not the amount of ppl we have on the classic server in RvR in the begining and there wasnt much lag or problem loggin into NF( yes yes I know ppl couldnt log on the server cause it was full b4 ppl say somthing :p

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
It's only in Svasud that you are unable to login anyway. Vindsaul logged in just fine, first time. :)

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Oh and speaking of the first char thinghy coinicdence

The char that keeps crashing for me on task dungeons just happens to be
u guessed it

the char in the 1st char slot

Think u may need to look into it a bit more , just maybe :)
Normal zone xp is shite, i need tasks to lvl my ickle shammy
(oh and relics so can alb and hib plz be kind enuf to hand back the power relics to mid plzkthx :) )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom