Problem logging into frontier zone

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Several of my guildies are reporting the same problem I've having...hanging on zone-loading screen when trying to get into the clustered frontier zone. Other zones are OK, but on trying to get into frontiers it crashes.

Anyone else getting this?

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
Aye, it happened to me on my buffbot account which was the only one I still had active. Which means I am now unable to pay my houserent. >:[

Donnhas

Fledgling Freddie
Not sure if it is related but I'm having problems zoning into task dungeons which never happened until today, loading screen just hangs then have to exit the game, or it puts me back on to character selection screen everytime i try to zone in, then when i choose that character im back outside the TD.

Tareregion

Fledgling Freddie
With previous patches these problems occured aswell. The thing was then that zones are loaded separately and you were trying to log into a zone which wasn't loaded yet :) Might be the case now aswell.

Necroscope

Fledgling Freddie
Tareregion said:
With previous patches these problems occured aswell. The thing was then that zones are loaded separately and you were trying to log into a zone which wasn't loaded yet :) Might be the case now aswell.

Dont follow you there exactly:)

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
Donnhas said:
Not sure if it is related but I'm having problems zoning into task dungeons which never happened until today, loading screen just hangs then have to exit the game, or it puts me back on to character selection screen everytime i try to zone in, then when i choose that character im back outside the TD.
Same thing happening with me, on two accounts, you're not alone in this one ;)

Necroscope

Fledgling Freddie
Its one char I have problem logging on into the frontiers which is strange, I choose another char logged into the frontier its fine.

Arumos

Fledgling Freddie
was lookin forward to seeing the rpy players and going rvr, stuck on loading screen aswell :(

[GOA]Erivoss

[GOA] Official type person
This is due to load. I'm in the NF zones at this moment and there are 790 people connected just in the New Frontiers zones. I'm in the middle of nowhere but I imagine that near the frontier keeps it must be horrible.

This isn't a bug it's just that there are so many people in the zones. It's annoying and frustrating, especially if you were looking forward to some RvR today - all I can suggest is keep trying to log in, eventually you'll get in. Other than that, problems should subside over the next few days as less people go into the NF zones.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
[GOA]Erivoss said:
This is due to load. I'm in the NF zones at this moment and there are 790 people connected just in the New Frontiers zones. I'm in the middle of nowhere but I imagine that near the frontier keeps it must be horrible.

This isn't a bug it's just that there are so many people in the zones. It's annoying and frustrating, especially if you were looking forward to some RvR today - all I can suggest is keep trying to log in, eventually you'll get in. Other than that, problems should subside over the next few days as less people go into the NF zones.

yep it is annoying, especially as MMORPGS are meant to have a lot of players in a zone...

:m00:

Hooly

Fledgling Freddie
Thx for your info Erivoss, but its a bit frustrating with all the chars we left in frontier zone, i thought it could be possible to relocate them to normal zones at least

Necroscope

Fledgling Freddie
[GOA]Erivoss said:

Sorry to say but that makes no sence, Logging in on account nr1 no problem at all. Even switched chars in the frontierzone no problems at all.

Account nr 2, Can log in everything except the first char created on that account which happens to be my BB. Exactly the same thing happenes to a guild mate of mine. First char created cant log in in the frontierzone aswell.

[GOA]Erivoss

ok looking into it in more detail... (though first character on an account not loading doesn't make any sense to me)

update: just tried with my personal account. First character couldn't load into Frontier zones, loading screen stuck at 100%. I pressed Escape and it exited the game. Relogged on and tried to load character - he loaded into Frontiers first time...

... so really looks like load. I can in no way see how the fact that your character is in the first realm "slot" could change how it's loaded into the game... If you have any more updates, post them here please.

Necroscope

Fledgling Freddie
[GOA]Erivoss said:
ok looking into it in more detail... (though first character on an account not loading doesn't make any sense to me)

Me neither:)

Prudil

One of Freddy's beloved
I can just add my 2 cents - that the senario described above from Necro is exactly what happens to me aswell. My accounts #1 char is loged in Uppland and when trying to log on - loading suddenly hangs/crashes. All other chars on that account has no problems loging on to the server.

Edit: and I cant ESC to get back to char selection screen

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
bloody great.. wtf it going to be like at the weekend when more poeple r in the frontiers........ come on goa get it sorted

Prudil

One of Freddy's beloved
Ok managed to log on now......after about 20-30 tries. Atm its 750~ on Pry and 900~ on Excal - should be able to handle that load ye ? I sure hope so.....cuz this cluster will get loads of trouble in prime-time, if not sorted.

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
[GOA]Erivoss said:

update: just tried with my personal account. First character couldn't load into Frontier zones, loading screen stuck at 100%. I pressed Escape and it exited the game. Relogged on and tried to load character - he loaded into Frontiers first time...

... so really looks like load. I can in no way see how the fact that your character is in the first realm "slot" could change how it's loaded into the game... If you have any more updates, post them here please.
I can't see how it is a load problem, because one of my girlfriends characters cant get into task dungeons at all, she crashes on the loading screen and esc doesnt get her back to the menu (as it usually does). Surely everyone didn't rush into the task dungeons upon clustering? :p

grimreaper

Fledgling Freddie
I had the problem. I Just killed the game from Task Manager, restart the game, loaded fine.

I Remember having the same problem when NF came out, had to reset on each char that was in the frontiers. Was fine on 2nd attempt after restarting the game.

Hope that helps...

Abnormal

Fledgling Freddie
Can log in BB in and move normally - port around all I want.. on my main character I keep on getting stuck in the loading screen - noticed on second computer that the second the loading bar fills, there's already a message of me "leaving the game".. Both of the characters are on the slot #1. Also on my main character when I get every once in a blue moon, I LD very soon - this started already late last night..

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
lpep said:
bloody great.. wtf it going to be like at the weekend when more poeple r in the frontiers........ come on goa get it sorted

well the way to sort it is to _not cluster_ but some people seemed to think there weren't enough people to make RvR fun... ;)

It'll calm down once everyone's stopped going "Ooh! shiny!"

[GOA]Erivoss

BlitheringIdiot said:
I can't see how it is a load problem, because one of my girlfriends characters cant get into task dungeons at all, she crashes on the loading screen and esc doesnt get her back to the menu (as it usually does). Surely everyone didn't rush into the task dungeons upon clustering? :p

It's a load problem because everyone is connecting to the server through the same machine. In short a server is made up of one main machine and 8 other machines. The main machine handles all the connections - this is where you "log in" when you connect to a server. And where you "are" when looking at the realm selection screen or character selection screen. After, the other 8 machines all deal with specific zones (like Alb Classic, Mid Classic, Hib ToA, NF etc).

When you connect to a server, you connect to the "main" machine. When you select a character and hit play, the main box connects you to the zone box where your character is. If the main box is being saturated with connection requests, then it's going to have trouble handling all the connections and some it'll just miss out and they will timeout. The problem is, you don't know when you've timed out (though if you're looking at the loading screen for more than a minute - chances are you've timed out).

It gets (a lot) more complicated than that of course but that's the general idea of how things work. Anyway, I have seen nothing here that suggests it's a "bug" rather than just an unusual situation. Things like "first character can't log on" and such are more often than not coincidences. There's around 1500 players on both servers at the moment - we would have had a lot more reports of this problem if it was generic to everyone, not just a handfull of them.

Please stop with the PMs too - I'm not a GM, I don't have the tools to help you with these kinds of things. Also please don't PM with your hints and suggestions - post them so others can benefit too ;). Pretty soon my inbox will be filled anyway....

Abnormal

Fledgling Freddie
Could also add that the loading screen goes just as fast as normally (for me at least) which is rather fast, but like said when viewing on the other computer, the second the bar fills up, I get the "has left the game" on my second computer.

Necroscope

Fledgling Freddie
[GOA]Erivoss said:
It's a load problem because everyone is connecting to the server through the same machine. In short a server is made up of one main machine and 8 other machines. The main machine handles all the connections - this is where you "log in" when you connect to a server. And where you "are" when looking at the realm selection screen or character selection screen. After, the other 8 machines all deal with specific zones (like Alb Classic, Mid Classic, Hib ToA, NF etc).

When you connect to a server, you connect to the "main" machine. When you select a character and hit play, the main box connects you to the zone box where your character is. If the main box is being saturated with connection requests, then it's going to have trouble handling all the connections and some it'll just miss out and they will timeout. The problem is, you don't know when you've timed out (though if you're looking at the loading screen for more than a minute - chances are you've timed out).

It gets (a lot) more complicated than that of course but that's the general idea of how things work. Anyway, I have seen nothing here that suggests it's a "bug" rather than just an unusual situation. Things like "first character can't log on" and such are more often than not coincidences. There's around 1500 players on both servers at the moment - we would have had a lot more reports of this problem if it was generic to everyone, not just a handfull of them.

Please stop with the PMs too - I'm not a GM, I don't have the tools to help you with these kinds of things. Also please don't PM with your hints and suggestions - post them so others can benefit too ;). Pretty soon my inbox will be filled anyway....

Still makes no sence , first account or not. Maybe thats an coincidence. BUT that it should be load problems seems odd when its fine on all accounts but one. That just that one char should always have time out problems seems as co incidence as it has anything with first char slot to do or not:)

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
[GOA]Erivoss said:

LOL!

Fix the game? Why cluster if the game can't handle it?

It's not a bug, it's a feature... Roflmao...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom