probably a silly idea

C

CAC

this is probably a silly idea but how about setting a server up running the "original" version of jk2?

F

FragFodder

You mean v1.02?

With its dodge DFA arcs and Pull/Backstab Problems*? Wow you are brave m8

* Yes Pull/Backstab was always there, we just didn't see it as much until v1.03 eliminated the bigger/more obvious DFA issues :)

FF

D

Damage

hehe :)

I like the idea tho, never had the chance to play it online.. When I begun playing JK2 online, after a week v1.04 was released :p

C

CAC

hehe

brave? me? what are you thinking of?:touch:

its prolly just me taking a trip down mammory lane (typo intended)
but i seem to remember the v1.02 version being a whole lot more fun than the end result of v1.04.

now i dont want to start a mass debate,heated or otherwise

i just thought it might be fun:m00:

illl just go back to my little corner now and go back to sleep till the league starts;)

F

FragFodder

Heheh I know what you're saying m8

I'll have a word with the BW peeps but no promises, the reason I say this is simple... They have all the JK2 servers sat on the same box somewhere, so this would require setting up a new installation for JK2 purly for a single server. I'd be supprised if they're willing to do this. But I'll ask for ya

FF

S

Shaft

Wouldn't that mean, the players that want to play on it have to revert back to a previous version of JK2 to?

Or is it backwards compatible?

D

Damage

Originally posted by Shaft
Wouldn't that mean, the players that want to play on it have to revert back to a previous version of JK2 to?

Or is it backwards compatible?

Re-installing Jedi Knight II yes :clap:

F

FragFodder

Yeah it would mean that those who want to play must have a separate JK2 installation without any of the patches.

FF

S

Shaft

Look, it's a fun idea, but I just re-installed my jk2 to freshen it up, full of junk.

And tbh, I don't think I want to have a second version of it on me computer just for that :D

D

Damage

Shaft: dont think you can add sigs

and jk2 v1.02, it's for the Die Hards around here ;)

S

Shaft

Erm, and that from a person that didn't even play JK2 back then. :sleeping:

And don't gimme the lousy excuse like: "I didn't have a good comp to play it on." Coz you started JK2 on your old computer :p

D

Damage

that isnt a lousy excuse it's a fact...
I've played the Single Player game on my old pc, but not the MP game... cos when I created a server the FPS dropped like hell with only 3 bots init.

S

Shaft

JK2 bots seem to suck more of your CPU then other games' bots. At least, that is what I experienced.

These Jedi-n00b-bots drain ur CPU, that is the only thing they're good at really. :m00:

D

Damage

indeed, and when you play online you prolly have to deal with more than 3 players and if it's a FFA Full Force server...
I'd have felt sorry for my old Matrox G200 Millenium 8mb

S

Shaft

I felt sorry for you when I heard to bought a Matrox, while GeForce's were available ;)

D

Damage

:lol:

We bought that PC thru our dads work, I couldnt choose something else than a Matrox card...
and that was like 4 years ago ish

S

Shaft

I know,

Still shit you couldn't pick something else. My old computer (not mine really, my dads :D) had a Matrox G400 Millenium (16mb), but we got that vid. card for free.

It was a 'leftover' from my dad's university :cool: They put GeForces in their computers, so these Matrox'es were lying, useless on the shelf. So we 'borowed' them :D

C

CAC

oi if ya wanna talk about shite do it else where you have taken this off topic:puke:

D

Damage

Originally posted by CAC
oi if ya wanna talk about shite do it else where you have taken this off topic:puke:

I'm sorry :/

I like the Idea, but it's not easy to set it up and get players for it imo

R

RSO:Gray

well tbh i would think it would be a good idea cos i doubt the subscribers would do lame pull/backstabd moves anyway

were all a nice comunity here and all know eachouther well.

:)

/me pulls and backstabs :sleeping: j/k

F

FragFodder

Yeah but backstabbing is the issue, not necissarily the pull.

I remember people jumping into the middle of a pack of players and doing a backstab, guaranteed 2 out of 3 kills.

We'll see, I'll send the email tonight.

FF

P.S. My spelling sux this morning :p

J

[JKoN]KOSH

Originally posted by CAC
this is probably a silly idea but how about setting a server up running the "original" version of jk2?

yea i know this is l8 but.............. DEAR GOD NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom