Printing on card?

Gray

FH is my second home
I have an Epson WF2530, it has been good for me the past 12 months printing on standard paper etc, cartridges are cheap as i can buy non-Epson ones off Amazon and get good useage out of them.

I have hit a snag though, looking at printing invitations on card which are about 200gsm, but i hear this printer can only print on card upto 90gsm which sounds a bit shit. I did check and there is definately difficulty in printing on the card, the printer eventually "accepts" the card, but only after putting it through about 3-4 times - and i don't know if this will be damaging the printer.

I'm at a loss at printing on the card now, apparently Epson have their own "branded" media which accepts over 300gsm, so why is other card so different? I don't particularly want to buy a new printer now for what i'll be using it for, open to suggestions??

soze

I am a FH squatter
If Epson say it can print on Media up to 300gsm then you should be fine. But if the printer only supports 90gsm then the card at over twice as thick could damage your printer and the pickup and transfer rollers. First thing is to find out if media that thick is supported and if it is tell Epson it is not working and see what they say.

If it is a one off see if you have any printing places in town. I live in not the biggest town going but we have a Snappy Snaps with a big copier and I have taken a few things in there which my printer was not man enough for, price depends on how may copies you need form 4p to 10p.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Vistaprint or something similar will probably be your easiest and cheapest path.

I imagine whatever you manage to print on the 200gsm paper will be smudged and crap. My Canon has an option to "prevent paper abrasion" which basically lifts the print head up a bit for printing on thicker media. I'd still go with Vistaprint if it's a one off, though.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Gray won't listen or reply! :eek:

:)

Gray

FH is my second home
Who said that!

Well just asked the soon-to-be Mrs who says that she did look at Vistaprint, but apparently they didn't list the type of square shape she wants, suppose we can email a question to them tomorrow and see if they take requests on designs which i imagine they would...

After i "forced" the printer to take this 200gsm card, i did notice immediately that it sounded a bit... creakier... Hopefully not damaged it, haaa....

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
You git!

I bloody knew you'd reply if I said that :)

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Go to a proper printers. You'll probably get a few prints through your printer then the rollers will start marking the card. I've been through this, and for exactly the same reasons. It's not worth the hassle of trying to DIY it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom