Printer

Wij

I am a FH squatter
My mother is nagging me to print lots of photos of mini-Wij but as usual my inkjet printer is b0rked.

I hate inkjets. They NEVER work. I do not want an inkjet.

Can you print photos on something more reliable like a laser printer ?

Kryten

Old Cow.
Yeah, plenty of colour laser's around, but they're not exactly small, nor by a long margin are they cheap.

Quick search confirms my vague recollection of a cheap series by Samsung:

Samsung CLP-300 LASER COLOUR review cheap prices CLP-300 LASER COLOUR Samsung best buy discount online uk shop

Quality wise, from memory it's no photo inkjet by a long way, but it'll still print comparatively well - and quickly too. Just tighten the wallet strings at toner replacement time. They should last you an age but lasers don't tend to sit around waiting for their next print very well - dust, heat etc all affect laser printers and things like the fuser will soon want replacing even if it's printed 2 sides of A4 if left alone doing nothing for 2 years. Otherwise you're looking at a step up to around £300 notes for basic and smaller Xerox, Brother and HP kit.

Smallest colour I've personally used and seen was a HP, around a foot cubed.

Bob007

Prince Among Men
Also look out for paper types they accept, If you plan to print on glossy paper it becomes more expensive. HP Colour LaserJet CP1515N will print on a fair few papers including Glossy paper but notice the price jump from 1 Kryten showed.

Also resolution may be a factor, 1 i've link is 600dpi

Ohh and factor in toner price, they can run to the price of the printer

Kryten

Old Cow.
That looks vaguely like the HP I was thinking of. Wasn't too fussed about remembering the model no, I was replacing the rollers and PCB's in it :)
Still not a bad price, but really lasers are best used in high output places - typically estate agents, DTPs and the likes rather than home use.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Every inkjet I've ever owned has become unusable after I've left it for a week without printing and cleaning it never works. I just need a solution without this fatal flaw that will print reasonable photos.

Kryten

Old Cow.
Well if the money doesn't matter one of the lasers we've suggested will be fine.
Best colour lasers for a decent amount : Samsung, Brother, Dell (Lexmark) but not Lexmark themselves (only decent at large level), HP.

Malecheon

Fledgling Freddie
Have you considered just taking them to a shop or a print kiosk or something, and getting them done that way ?

I've stopped printing my own pics for the same reasons you mentioned, plus expensive ink, photo paper, etc..

I think last time I got some done they were about 12p per print for 7x5's.

Kryten

Old Cow.
Bloody good plan tbh, probably better off in the long run. Even places like Asda do them dirt cheap.

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
I do similar, I just have a cheap B&W samsung laser for text, anything special I get printed via an online jobby. These guys are what I use currently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom