News Prince Harry in trouble

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
Brown: 'Harry is a role model' - Yahoo! News UK

Now I'm not racist in the slightest but this is ridiculous. How can calling someone from Pakistan a Paki be called racism? It's simply a shortened way of saying where they're from. It's like calling a Frenchman Frenchie. It's better than calling him "That foreign bastard"

Ormorof

FH is my second home
if it wasnt used in a malicious way... and if was just abit of banter... that article mentions the guys dads fury but was the guy in question actually offended? people these days seem to love jumping to the defence of others who dont actually care that much about the initial problem!

- English -

Resident Freddy
Another example of something which Id call "political correctness gone mad". Im not a racist but I think its stupid nowadays.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
the whole things fucking bullshit.

it happened 3 years ago, was not meant in a malicious way. Surely its the same as calling me a 'Brit'?

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
well techically it was invented to harass. same with frenchie. whats wrong with calling them pakistanians and frenchmen?

And pikeh - you are a brit. atleast its the only word i know for a person who lives in Great Britain.

Azurus

Can't get enough of FH
A girl where i work keeps calling one of the Asian lads (originally from korea) Gok Wan, it clearly makes him uncomfortable and he looks absolutely nothing like him.
I told management for the guy as his English isn't great and they said to stop being so PC.

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
Isnt it more offending that the people who understand 'paki' automatically think of something negative?

Kind of like being offended by the penis from the little kid on the nirvana cover - doesnt that make you a borderline pedo to even consider it in a sexual way? :)

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Well I am a racist and I for one am glad he called him a paki

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Isnt it more offending that the people who understand 'paki' automatically think of something negative?

Kind of like being offended by the penis from the little kid on the nirvana cover - doesnt that make you a borderline pedo to even consider it in a sexual way? :)

well they are just being silly :p

is it wrong that i nearly wet myself in the supermarket the other day because of a brand of sausage called Wee Willy Winkies? (with a kid holding a tiny sausage on the packet :clap: )

Ezteq

Queen of OT
no no no guys you got it all wrong!

it's not about what he said, or the way he said it...it's because there are two princes and one of them looks like diana (so he must be the good prince) and the other one looks like james hewitt...erm, i mean his father ergo he must be the evil prince (and ...he's ginger, so that clinches it).

Harry has done loads of charity work and stuff but you never hear that from the media because they all like to play the good prince bad prince game and they simply couldn't do that if they stuck to reporting the truth in context, it'd spoil all their plans and fun and games. I bet william is a right little bugger when he sets his mind to it but you never hear about that because they like to do the whole "aaah he's such his mother's son" thing and use it as an excuse to drag up another pHoto of diana looking dewey eyed and vacuous while holding some HIV sufferers hand or wiping the dribble off an old person. Oh aswell as the fact that one day he will be king (provided the queen actually ever does die) so can order them executed if they trash him.

sheesh when will people learn, if you want the plain simple truth (i.e. the news) don't rely on the media, you're best off asking that bloke down the pub you get cheap baccy off who knows everything (according to the pub quiz annual result tables) and had a mate in the SBS.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
A) they showed a video of it - it wasn't said in a malicious way
B) army buddies all haves names for each other anyway.
C) The News of the World reported it - anyone who works for them has a borderline IQ in line with that of a loaf of bread.
D) Regardless of the above; his a Prince & should know better than to test the media with such 'verbal' comments.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Never understood how Paki could be demeaning to a Pakistani so I asked my Paki colleague at work. To me it was no worse than being called Brit or Aussie.

Basically it was used by skin heads and rascist people in UK as a slur. He said that in South London he could not walk down the street without someone shouting 'Paki Bastard'.

To be honest I still don't see saying Paki is wrong. He even stated that between Pakistani's the term can be said without offence. Even from an American or Australian but not from a Brit where the term is associated with racial hatred.

Seems bizarre to me. I told him that in North London we called them Bacon, from Bacon Sarnie = Pakistani. At least he laughed at that.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Why the need to call them something? Do you call all overweight people fatty? all who wear glasses foureyes?

Saw the clip, the guy that was called paki didnt look too happy, but might have been tired since so many where laying there sleeping. And he also said you look like a raghead to someone. But he also went to that party with the nazi armband.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Its a complete non story created by some idiot do gooder. I would say I am surprised it made the news but then it is the BBC after all, they will publish any story if they can plaster a big headline on it these days.

Zede

Part of the furniture
Paki has always been derogatory slang for Asian people in the UK. A more obvious slang term, which is exactly the same is "******" Heck according to some of you here, tis ok to call a black person a ******, as we all know its actually advising us they are of the Negroid race. so its ok huh ?

Paki may not be offensive to you, and you think its ok, but to Millions of asians, its as offensive as the word ******. Now, we absolutely do NOT call negroid people ******s - why ? Really I dont have to say, suffice to say though the same rules apply to asian slang terms.

Many millions of Hindus would be quite offended if you called them a Paki. In fact a nice Hindu phrase I learnt when wanting to get rid of multitudes of salesman - involved telling them to fuck off to Pakistan.

The prince is a typical upper class fuckwit, and deserves the same contempt as his racist nazi grandfather. I'd burn the fucking lot of em.

** edit the word Nhigger has been cunningly disguised as***, you get my point ?

Ezteq

Queen of OT
its not the word really because words are just words but it is the feeling it causes, i mean ginger is a perfectly nice spice i love ginger ale and ginger biccies but when someone calls me ginger my gut tightens up and i hate it.

it comes from that word being thrown at me as an abusive term but people my whole life, try going and bitching to the PC brigaide that someone called you ginger and they'd laugh at you but it is exactly the same as all the other innocuous words that people use to hurt others. T'aint the word itsself but the context and the connotations it brings up.

thats my 2 cents...

I'm kent brockman...dont call me ginger!

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Harry's been a twat (again)
Wrap his knuckles, public apology, blah, blah, blah
not the first cock up
wont be the last
yes some ppl would find that offensive and he should have known better
pay the whistblower his £10K
papers make their usual over the top hoo-haa
a couple of nights on the news
next...

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
Lot's of things to agree with here:

It's quite a non story in that he used a 'hate' word as the Dad of the bloke said - hate?? Fuck off. Telling him he was going to rip his head off and shit down is neck is hate, what he said was a word often used in Britain over the last 20 years when it shouldn't have been because 'Paki' does cause offence. Crappy tabloids causing a fuss.

It may be a fuss, but this is the same bloke who dressed up as a Nazi officer for a fancy dress party - I agree Nazi's should be mocked for their ridiculous ideals (yes any Nazi's come and find me, I'll have words to say to you), but it's a little close to the mark for someone who is meant to be a figure head.

As Zede said, he's a chip off the racist-I-don't-know-what-the-fuck-I'm-doing grandfather's block. What an Inbred tossbag Philip is. Such a tossbag he's not even a King. At least Queen Liz knew not to make him a King - very sensible of her, I wonder if there's anybody in this country as embarrassed with their husband's blunders. Probably not, on the world stage I reckon Laura Bush probably trumps the 'I have a twatty husband' card though.

With Royalty, great power and wealth comes great responsibility. Deal with it. William doesn't seem to have difficulty doing so.

LOL Ez, Harry really IS a James Hewitt lookalike - that made me chuckle. :D

I embrace the fact that Britain is multicultural and we're better off for it in many ways, the PC element just has to be controlled.

As a teacher (and I've said this before) white kids call black kids 'black' and it's a problem, but black kids are allowed to call white kids 'milk bottles'. WTF??

I am more concerned, on the world stage, that prince Harry is allowed to represent the nation. Make him work in a factory (or any other hardworking job) for a number of years, so he learns humility and how to communicate with people without everything handed to him.

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
Make him work in a factory (or any other hardworking job) for a number of years, so he learns humility and how to communicate with people without everything handed to him.

He was on the front lines in Afghanistan for months! As a regular soldier, doesn't get much more hardworking than that.

Jeros

Part of the furniture
its not the word really because words are just words but it is the feeling it causes, i mean ginger is a perfectly nice spice i love ginger ale and ginger biccies but when someone calls me ginger my gut tightens up and i hate it.

it comes from that word being thrown at me as an abusive term but people my whole life, try going and bitching to the PC brigaide that someone called you ginger and they'd laugh at you but it is exactly the same as all the other innocuous words that people use to hurt others. T'aint the word itsself but the context and the connotations it brings up.

thats my 2 cents...

I'm kent brockman...dont call me ginger!

Im sorry but ginger birds are fucking hot, my last gf was ginger ohhhhhhhhhh yes

Zede

Part of the furniture
ginger defenders unite !

you got a posse to call up on via that red phone now ez

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom