prima statagy guide

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
Fana said:
DAoC lost some of its magic for me when i started using questguides and item databases etc. Ive promised myself i wont do that for WoW :) Although im sure the guide is nice and all, and probably helpfull if you have never played a mmorpg before.
Imo you wont need a guide like this for WoW. Quests show up as you lvl, and discover new areas and cities. Imo the only reason to use a guide like that was if you never tried it before, and wanted to lvl asap (and skip the fun of exploring and getting to know the game/universe/character/etc)

I'm trying only to use online web guides for finding out which professions go best with the various classes.

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
The continuous quest you get at the start, will generally lead you to the area you should go to next. Complete all of the normal quests in the new area, then continue with your 'epic' quest.

If in doubt, start running in a random direction... and if you get insta-ganked by a mean looking mob, you went the wrong way! /release and try a different direction. Most of my exploring was done in ghost form, while I tried to retrieve my corpse :p

Guides can be handy, but every patch will change something. So it's better to bookmark a few good sites and use them for info ;)

Hendrich

Fledgling Freddie
To answer a few questions about the strategy guide:

1. Its not prima that makes it, the company is BradyGames, Link can be found here. http://www.bradygames.com/bookstore/sales_detail.asp?st=49842&redir=1

2. There is a difference between the two guide.... read attached info: Customers that purchased the strategy guide only will only receive updates that correct mistakes and inconsistencies in the strategy guide. Our commitment is to ensure the guide is up to date with the state of the game as represented at the time of launch. These customers will not be eligible to receive updates that extend beyond the strategy guide such as map kits, discounts, special online only guides and more.

I purchased the Binder Limited Edition, what sort of updates and extra features do I get?
Our primary concern is to ensure the strategy guide is correct. The initial downloads will be catered towards that end; providing designed strategy content that updates the strategy guide. Once the initial updates have been provided, as well as during this updates process, online only products will be provided to binder only customers. Binder customers can expect to see in depth PvP strategies, new and updated region and city maps with downloadable icon sets, and more.

To sum it up, if you register your book with Brady Games, you will be able to update the out of date info in your book.

Hope that helps some of you interested in the book, as I am still waiting on my order for it.

Anastasia

Can't get enough of FH
I got the Bradygames book also. Its very nice - all colour, decent(ish) paper, fairly readable. I like these strategy books a lot - I have very limited playing time, and while I'd love to spend more time exploring and immersing what I really want is to make progress so I can see the next new abilty / zone / dungeon / whatever. This book looks useful - maps of zones, places of interest, quest lists, class information - I'm not in beta yet but I'm looking forward to it more each time I read a bit more about it.

I also like to read about games when I can't play (witness the lever arch files full of printed web pages on EQ and DAOC :)).

'Shy

One of Freddy's beloved
Well I answered my own question by ordering the more expensive one, mainly because it had a later release date on it so I thought it would be more up to date. And to my pleasant surprise, it came with a lovely shiny ring binder!

[TB] Benedictine

Fledgling Freddie
Got mine today (went for cheap version hehe) - nice going Amazon! Really fast despatch over holiday period :)

I remember I was still reading my DAOC guide 2 years after starting playing :eek:

Edit - there's also something in the back of mine saying that if you create a Brady account you can also get updates by quoting your ISBN number (and buying a binder)

Krunch-X

Fledgling Freddie
I'm always torn between referring to a guide and just figuring it out ... I hate to think that I might miss something ...

However, I'd rather figure it out in the end, after all - the exploring and uncertainly only furthers your familiarity with the gameworld. When you wander around for hours, albeit a little lost, the journey is not without it's events, and you do begin to learn the area better.

'Shy

One of Freddy's beloved
I signed up to the Brady Games website last night, seems quite good.

There's loads of updates there already, and they also have an option for you to download icons with the maps to make your own customised maps. For example you can place your own markers to find your trainers and important NPC's in towns. That will come in very useful for me, since I know I will miss being able to put markers on my in-game map like I could in FFXI.

Tilda

Shy, i've found that if your getting quests from the same town or wherever, and your start running out, almost all towns i've done this in have a few quests that will be "take this note to xxx in yyy" thats where you go next. WoW seems to do this up until instances around lvl 20.

Also download Cosmos UI, you can annotate your own map, but also put a "pin" in someone elses map to show them where you, or something is.

Tilda

Sandar Shadowwalker

Fledgling Freddie
[QUOTE='Shy]I signed up to the Brady Games website last night, seems quite good.

There's loads of updates there already, and they also have an option for you to download icons with the maps to make your own customised maps. For example you can place your own markers to find your trainers and important NPC's in towns. That will come in very useful for me, since I know I will miss being able to put markers on my in-game map like I could in FFXI.[/QUOTE]
http://www.curse-community.com/mod.php?addid=65

Attachments

• 115.jpg
    115.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 95

'Shy

One of Freddy's beloved
Tilda said:
Shy, i've found that if your getting quests from the same town or wherever, and your start running out, almost all towns i've done this in have a few quests that will be "take this note to xxx in yyy" thats where you go next. WoW seems to do this up until instances around lvl 20.

Also download Cosmos UI, you can annotate your own map, but also put a "pin" in someone elses map to show them where you, or something is.

Tilda

I've noticed this is a lot more organised since playing Horde. When I played Alliance side, the quests were all over the place, and only through running about I discovered a new town or area. I'm playing Tauren at the moment, and so far have been guided through every area by NPC's more or less telling me where to go next. I talked to one at the Crossroads last night, who told me my work was done there and I must advance south, so that was nice of her!

nikolas

Fledgling Freddie
I haven't had to much difficulty so far with Alliance quests in Elwynn Forest (1-10), 10-15 in Westfall/Redridge/Dun Morogh and Loch Modan.

I've had to ask in /1 general a few times though. I think the only quest that had me stumped was the Messenger quest originating in Moonbrook. I was camping the road for ages expecting this guy to wonder past... It was only after visiting Moonbrook did I discover 20 people camping his spawn and owning him within seconds lol.

That said I'm only lvl 16 hehe. I seem to spend most of my time picking friggin pansies ><

veiga

Loyal Freddie
lo m8s check this site for all Wow quests!!!!!

Look wot i found to find some quest....

www.questkeep.com

cya u all in WOW

VEIGA
ORC WARRIOR
lvl10
:flame:

Bone's

Fledgling Freddie
well i think the books are well worth it.... even thou someone stated wow a guide to lvl 15 (thats just a little helper) but it has maps and all infomation regarding npc's, monsters, lvl's etc... Aye if u only got the one pc and u have to alt tab to the web can be pain, but the choice is ur's at the end of the day..

i got a lvl 19 (aye low lvl) mage on the go, and i have got the book (only problem is the book is at home and im working away, so will have to wait a bit until i get the book) thats life i surpose but it will still be a great help once i have got...

BTW i got guides for daoc, SI, and even thou i dont use em as much, they are stil a great help (daoc of almost 3 years if i dont know my way around daoc or SI or even toa now i should be shot lol)

Blizzard Gratz on a fantastic game btw, will get to lvl 60 soon enough, is no real rush as im just mooching around as it is all new

ManicMage lvl 19 Mage Silvermoon :bazbeer:

[TB] Benedictine

Fledgling Freddie
still using it at lvl 41 - mainly for maps and locs of mobs/npcs

It is now in bits :( - they could have used decent paper/binding

Jeffery

Fledgling Freddie
Prima ??

parfait said:
my world of warcraft stratagy guide arrived today. is well cool, especially if like me u would rather have all info on your lap, instead of alt tab everytime you are stuck. well worth the 12 quid from amazon

Went to primas website http://www.primagames.com and no sign of world of warcraft book or guide !!! ??? think u might be talking about the official guide book

LawBringer

Fledgling Freddie
Just type /godmode /level 60 - saves you having to play game :)

Check spoiler out for my strategy guide :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom