Prima Guide for SI

P

panzer

Anyone got this, and if so is it any good ?

I got the doac atlas and always found it very useful. Does it have the same quality maps with mob locations and loot drops?

If so ill be tempted to get it ;)

T

Teh Fonz!!1

Full of silly information as well probably.

Seriously, just look at the internet for the stuff you need to know, it's always gonna be up to date and correct (hopefully).

E

eynar

What you mean silly information? Those prima guides are one of the funniest books I've ever read. :hat: The atlas does contain some useful info tho, although they managed to screw this one up by swapping dmg type vulnerabilities of mobs etc :clap:

A

Aileanara

I found the revised Prima guide very useful, even if some of the information was out of date & it had obviously not been proof read. So ive ordered the SI guide aswell.

Havent got the Atlas yet, although I probably will now :)

In fact Im gonna order the Atlas right away

F

Flimgoblin

the oldworld atlas is superb :)

not so fussed on the prima guide although it's handy for getting the spell levels... (although getting more and more out of date)

A

aavarn

Yes the revised prima guide was pretty useful although hideously out of date now.

I have read the reviews of the new SI Guide on amazon - it averages a rating of about 2/5 - it sounds like it really, really, sucks.

It maintains its tradition of not having a clue about the abilities or how to spec any character in Midgard for one.

None of its maps are labelled so its hard to use them effectively in PvE.

I have also been told that actually the SI guide is more of a patch 1.56 guide than SI and doesnt include alot fo the INfo you would expect to see for SI.

i.e. Don't buy is the accepted wisdom I believe.

A

Archeon

Or you could always (dare i say it) wing it?

then again would you break out in a cold sweat when you stumble across a mob BUT you don't know exactly what level it is OR what type fo damage its weak too!!!

if thats you then buy the guide, just don't mention that sort of thing to me i'l just ignore you :)

P

panzer

I could wing it but then again i like to have something to read when im taking a dump ;)

P

parisienscot

OK Back on topic!!

My Prima guide to Shrouded Isles arrived yesterday so here's the lowdown :

First of all the weakest part is the class descriptions : same old errors as we're used to in Prima guides - Quick helps you cast faster etc.

Plus it lists some level 51 spells with names like Poisoned BReath 9 - woops!! The spell descriptions are not very detailed and on some classes they can't seem to make their mind up if they get 1* level spec points or 1.5*...

On the up side apart from the silly bugged spell tables their is a lot more description and tactics tips on how to use the classes as well as a class specific best places to hunt levelling guide.

Next part is the guide to the new zones and this is fabulous!! It has the highly detailed mob maps like in the Atlas - faction guides to mobs - mob level guides - Artificial Intelligence guides for some of the new clever mobs. Reveals some secrets on the new mobs - one of which is harder to kill when it's raining for example! Has a list of goods and services per town with names of trainers etc. Nice quest guides for the new zones, and a great guide for good places to camp in a group. Oh and it has full maps to the new dungeons too!!!!

Definitely the best part of guide!

There are also some surprise bonuses that have nothing to do with SI!!

First up is a spellcrafting guide which seems similar to the US Mythic site FAQ - but hey they save you printing it out.

Then there's the alchemy guide which is really very very detailed and useful.

Last but not least is a full guide to duelling and some rather good tips on how to win as or defeat a certain class.

Worth it for £13 in my opinion!

P

parisienscot

omg I really should have spell checked that before I posted it!! I'm not an idiot! Honest!

Users who are viewing this thread