Priest question to do with xping

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
priest spam mind flay? :D

its more mana efficient than smiting the bastards and with shield up doesnt get interupted so is it a good idea to spam mind flay and cast mind blast then wand the last bit of hp to get full use of the spirit tap

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Gat_Decor said:
and what happens if you are Holy Specced?
There's no point whatsoever to be holy spec while leveling up. None, unless you're into masochism.

As for the OP, if you're in a somewhat safe area or know roughly how far mobs run when feared you can use Psychic Scream instead of the shield to keep the mobs away from you for mind flay to land. When it sticks for the full duration (quite often) it's (usually) much more mana efficient than shielding.

Don't forget to start with SW: Pain if the fight will last long enough, the rest sound about right.

Chrystina

Fledgling Freddie
Whisperess said:
There's no point whatsoever to be holy spec while leveling up. None, unless you're into masochism.

As for the OP, if you're in a somewhat safe area or know roughly how far mobs run when feared you can use Psychic Scream instead of the shield to keep the mobs away from you for mind flay to land. When it sticks for the full duration (quite often) it's (usually) much more mana efficient than shielding.

Don't forget to start with SW: Pain if the fight will last long enough, the rest sound about right.
erm... I was tri-spec until lvl 60 and it was great ... great in groups and still good solo ... (I tried full shadow at around lvl 40 but didn't like it)

and what's that rubbish about starting with SW:p ??? if you pull with SW:p you lose lots of dmg during the pull already ...

1. Mindblast
2. SW:p
3. Shield
4. Mindflay
5. Mindflay
6. Mindblast
7. Refresh SW:p if need be
8. Wand to death or Mindflay again :cheers:

Gat_Decor

Fledgling Freddie
Whisperess said:

I holy specced all the way to 60, never had 1 point in shadow, when i hit 60 i re-specced to more Holy.

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
tip i found - shield before you pull :) mobs usually dead in 20-22 seconds so wont get full use of shield and mob usually wears shield down to 0 just as u kill it :D

Iceflower

Fledgling Freddie
I prefer to shield up before pulling too, either it wont matter as the mob is dead or running in fear when the shield is consumed or you gain a few seconds on the weakened soul timer. Some mobs chew up the shield fast so you end up with the weakend soul effect preventing you from reshielding.

Naewae

Fledgling Freddie
I'm complete shadow and as shield burns my mana (like everythinig burns mana, too fast,) I like to shield after the mob has hit me a few times then it's still up and lasts while I pull another and kill that one.

Otherwise it's as the above:
Mind Blast
SW:p *
Mind Flay
Mind Blast
Mind Flay
Shield
Mind Flay
Mind Blast 2nd mob and repeat from *

Spankya

Fledgling Freddie
I used to do the following:

Shield
Mind Blast
SW
Mind Flay
Mind Blast
Mind Flay
Use wand

Get high spirit and with 5/5 spirit tap your mana should regen nice and quickly :)

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Chrystina said:
and what's that rubbish about starting with SW:p ??? if you pull with SW:p you lose lots of dmg during the pull already ...
Seeing as how Mindblast and SW:p hit at the same time, I consider it a starting spell; rather than just spamming mind flay like the OP suggested. Mark words if you wish, couldn't care less.

Spankya

Fledgling Freddie
Whisperess said:
Seeing as how Mindblast and SW:p hit at the same time, I consider it a starting spell; rather than just spamming mind flay like the OP suggested. Mark words if you wish, couldn't care less.

Mindblast has a casting time, SW is insta, so if you cast mindblast then you can hit them with SW straight away too. But if you do SW first, the thing you are killing will already have some time to run at you before your mindblast hits.

Arnor

Fledgling Freddie
mindblast
swp
flay
flay
ve
fear
flay
flay
fc if not dead(and your that high lvl or if fear breaks early)
if fear breaks early, just use wand/mindblast

Chrystina

Fledgling Freddie
Whisperess said:
ok, I think I have missed something... Mindblast and SW:p hit at the same time? MB has a cast time, SW:p is instant ... so if you open with SW:p you lose time/damage ... or maybe it's just too early in the morning for me to see your point :confused:

Afran

Part of the furniture
Chrystina said:
ok, I think I have missed something... Mindblast and SW:p hit at the same time? MB has a cast time, SW:p is instant ... so if you open with SW:p you lose time/damage ... or maybe it's just too early in the morning for me to see your point :confused:
Yeah don't see the point in opening with SW:p (atleast in pve) also :eek:

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Spankya said:
Mindblast has a casting time, SW is insta
Omg, you're right! I never noticed during 60 levels of priest playing.

Thank you. No really. Thank you.

Mind Blast isn't mana efficient. With the proper talents SW: Pain is close to Mind Flay in mana efficiency. Why do you think I mentioned Psychic Scream at all as a possible replacement for PW: Shield when appropriate?

I can go on for hours without resting between pulls save for getting to the next mob, unless forced to Mind Blast to kill off more than 1 add at a time fast. I prefer it that way.

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Whisperess said:

Mind Blast isn't mana efficient. With the proper talents SW: Pain is close to Mind Flay in mana efficiency. Why do you think I mentioned Psychic Scream at all as a possible replacement for PW: Shield when appropriate?

I can go on for hours without resting between pulls save for getting to the next mob, unless forced to Mind Blast to kill off more than 1 add at a time fast. I prefer it that way.

(just imo and tbh dont care if others dont like it) but thats the most cuntish reply ive ever read, and is INSANELY big headed. it seems pretty obvious what he is saying if you start with dot hte mob is inc to you and you lose 1.5 seconds casting mind blast when you could be mind flaying or whatever, and was just how he preffers to do it there was no need in your

shit sarcasm :p NOW PLAY NICE!

Lakashnik

Fledgling Freddie
shield
blast
pain
flay
flay
flay
wand spam

full intel/spirit gear wit a nice wand.