Price Drop

E

Embattle

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/7/32690.html

It would seem that Universal is to drop CD Album prices by 30%, the catch being that it is only in the US which is typical :(

Have a read of the Reg article and its then the true horror of no price drops since its introduction that makes it really funny.

T

Testin da Cable

aye, read all about this, and had a wee chat about it with a record shop owner here in holland. he was favouable about the drop, bar the one time he'll get cunted, but he expected sales to rise quite well after.
it seems it's only universal doing the cut, and it's indeed us-only (bastards) thus I hear tell.

E

Embattle

I reckon the others will end up following.

S

Swift^

I try and buy CDs a lot - as much as I can, although it's such an expensive thing to do. The internet broadened my musical tastes to nigh on practically everything now so CD shopping always ends up with multiple purchases.

If the RIAA are so fucking fussed about "buying" cds properly they need to talk with the record companies into lowering the prices, instead of driving customers away to go get it somewhere else for free while the customer tries to save up the millions of pounds the RIAA seem top want from every single person who listens to music,

T

Testin da Cable

Originally posted by Embattle
I reckon the others will end up following.

how long do you think before it spreads to europe?

S

Sar

1 Week after never.

:/

Mind you, Tesco gets me any CDs I want for less than a tenner normally. Which is ok, provided of course that they're in the current album chart, otherwise it's Kazaa time, cos £16 for 1 cd in the likes of HMV & Virgin is 'virgin' on the ridiculous.

Ba-dum-tsch!

:)

D

Deadmanwalking

Well if i get my job i will quite happily send you CDs for under a tenner. HMV discount :clap:

F

-fus-

Originally posted by Sar
1 Week after never.

:/

Mind you, Tesco gets me any CDs I want for less than a tenner normally. Which is ok, provided of course that they're in the current album chart, otherwise it's Kazaa time, cos £16 for 1 cd in the likes of HMV & Virgin is 'virgin' on the ridiculous.

Ba-dum-tsch!

:)

:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom