Prey demo

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Anyone else played the demo yet? Had about 30 mins on it so far and pretty impressed, the graphics are decent and the story seems solid enough, might actually be a game worth buying :)

Aada

Part of the furniture
cHodAX said:
Anyone else played the demo yet? Had about 30 mins on it so far and pretty impressed, the graphics are decent and the story seems solid enough, might actually be a game worth buying :)

Yep cool game even though i can run it on max settings il be getting it for the 360.. nothing better then chilling on the couch with a beer and the 360 on a huge HD screen :)

Aada

Part of the furniture
nath said:
Fps on consoles = bleh :\

Why? is it because you suck with the control pad? thats why most PC gamers hate console FPS, because they can't aim for shit with the control pad.

I adapted and now i don't suck with the control pad.. i remember first playing PDZ i couldn't hit the broad side of a fucking barn lmao.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I dunno mate, I've seen (and played) FPS on consoles, and tbh every single one was extremely slowed down to give the players a chance against the bots / other players. Unless things have changed very much in recent times I don't think a console player would stand a chance against a pc player in a match.

Aada

Part of the furniture
TdC said:
I dunno mate, I've seen (and played) FPS on consoles, and tbh every single one was extremely slowed down to give the players a chance against the bots / other players. Unless things have changed very much in recent times I don't think a console player would stand a chance against a pc player in a match.

I take it all back.. after reading the news on IGN that PC is running at the usual max 60 fps the 360 is running at a SUCK ASS 30 FPS wtf?????????????????

Yaka

Part of the furniture
quake4 runs shit on x360 as well, game is fun but levles/maps have the doom3/quake4 look to em

Aada

Part of the furniture
Yaka said:
quake4 runs shit on x360 as well, game is fun but levles/maps have the doom3/quake4 look to em

That was just a poor port they could have easily made it better but were just trying to cash in on those people who had to have every game at launch.. and yes i did see some guy at the counter buying his 360 + 8 games on launch day.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Aada said:
Why? is it because you suck with the control pad? thats why most PC gamers hate console FPS, because they can't aim for shit with the control pad.

I adapted and now i don't suck with the control pad.. i remember first playing PDZ i couldn't hit the broad side of a fucking barn lmao.
Nope, I'm quite comfortable using the pad for fps games, I just think it's lame.

TdC

not installed yet :) I will go about it judging from you lot though :)

JBP|

Part of the furniture
Single player was quite enjoyable i thought, I'm not quite sure about multiplay though it seems something is missing but i don't know what.

Aada

Part of the furniture
JBP| said:
Single player was quite enjoyable i thought, I'm not quite sure about multiplay though it seems something is missing but i don't know what.

Probably because its your bog standard DM/Team DM nothing special and i won't be getting it for that.. i will be getting it for the single player experiance which i thought was really good on the demo.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
im pretty sure its the best SP experience you will get from an 'fps'

TdC

hmm. some thoughts (and spoilers perhaps)

• I liked:
  • I totally dig the gravity manipulation thing, though it did make me queasy at times
  • I liked the tiny world in the box, though I instantly twigged that I'd get to go there
  • I like the portals being everywhere and also the way they take you to seemingly random places
  • I like it that there are going to be two stories at once (or at least that's the way it seems to me: the whole aliens using humans thing and the tormented dead busting loose Cherokee thing)

I didn't really like:
  • the way you can't look everywhere with total freedom, perhaps it's something to do with the gravity thing? meaning you have 360deg visibility on the horizontal axis, but only 180deg or so on the vert. your char doesn't automatically "turn round" when you move the mouse through 180deg vert.
  • the way it reminded me of both Doom3 and Quake4 at once :/
  • the way that the spirit realm thing felt like I'd seen it before in a game but couldn't remember which one.

right now I give it 7.8 out of 10

Aada

Part of the furniture
I like it better then HL2 tbh i mean HL is just an FPS what makes it so special? the story in HL2 sucked donkey balls the ending was the biggest let down in the history of endings. It was a nice game and i enjoyed it but im still not sure why people consider it the god of singleplayer shooters.

KevinUK

Can't get enough of FH
I think HL2 is far better, from where I got in the demo before quitting in boredom it was just aliens running at me in corridors. The map design in HL2 was far more interesting.

That and HL2 looks nicer and gives a much better frame rate.

Aada

Part of the furniture
KevinUK said:
I think HL2 is far better, from where I got in the demo before quitting in boredom it was just aliens running at me in corridors. The map design in HL2 was far more interesting.

That and HL2 looks nicer and gives a much better frame rate.

There is no way HL2 looks better then this, you must be playing this with a shit vid card with low settings but a card good enough to run HL2 max settings.

I just upgraded to a x1900xt there is no fucking way on this earth HL2 looks better.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I run HL2 on max and this on max. Gotta say, overall HL2 looks better. Sure technically Prey is better but I think HL2 is nicer too look at.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
i can run both on max. imo, prey looks a lot nicer.

TdC

I run both maxed, and tbh the layout and textures of HL2 seem cleaner. Ofc the environments are totally different, but the prey demo seemed a little smudged and chaotic if such terms can be applied to it :)

Aada

Part of the furniture
TdC said:
I run both maxed, and tbh the layout and textures of HL2 seem cleaner. Ofc the environments are totally different, but the prey demo seemed a little smudged and chaotic if such terms can be applied to it :)

Different enviroments.

Athan

Resident Freddy
Look? Neither here nor there on which is better.

HL2 I found deathly boring story-wise, and just as it seemed it was going somewhere, it ended. Sure there was some fun to be had with the Gravity Gun, and some of the vehicles, but that was about it.

From the demo alone Prey seems to have potential with the combination of the differing gravity and the spirit realm thing, but only playing the full game will truly show if that's enough.

As for MP. I think it's a combination of the graphics being a bit on the dark side (hard to spot others), the weapons a little too powerful (that acid gun kills way too easily) and it taking quite some time to get used to the gravity fun and games in a new map.

-Ath

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
i thought hl2 was good, played the pray demo and also thought that looked good too, doesnt really matter whether one is better than the other, just play both :) not as if its a new car or anything where you can probably only have one.

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
I remember an unreal multiplayer map with portals not disimilar to those in Prey, thought they were incredible at the time (still do) but I forgot the name of the map and it's annoyed me ever since :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom