presents

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
I know Christmas is passed and our wallets are still reeling from the spending. Its my Girlfriends 18th birthday in June (i know im starting early) and im wondering what to get her.

I could do with some advice, we have been going out for a year and 3 months. I thought about taking her down to London (however for her 18th she might want something like physical she could hold in her hands But then i started to think about jewlrey (sp?). I started this early because i could book flights early and have massive discounts.

Ladies and Gentlemen i need your advice, all advice would be good.

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
jeje your just making up you have a gf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit the Wij bit, it does nto belong here - 'copy&paste boy' :mad:

What did you get her for Christmas?

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
If you are going to london then I suggest you wear REALLY comfortable shoes because you will be doing a lot of walking. I also suggest you bring a taser because there are lots of annoying people who walk too DAMN SLOW!!

...oh, and bring your biggest, fattest cheque book because London isn't called 'the most expensive city in Europe' for nothing.

Back on the topic, generally people get some form of gold jewellry for a gal's 18th birthday. A bracelet or neckie usually goes down quite well. If you can get it inscribed with a message then all the better.

If I wanted to treat the missus to a romantic getaway then I certainly would never, ever, ever, in a million gajillion years take her to ... London. Eurgh. It is about as romantic as genital herpes! There are much nicer places to visit in England but even nicer places in Europe which would probably be approx. the same price to get to as London and a lot cheaper to wine and dine her.

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
Got her a Diamond ring for X-mas (£100). Was thinking about matching earrings, or a nice bracelet - got her one before but its kinda shitty and tacky :p

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
Brynn said:
Got her a Diamond ring for X-mas (£100). Was thinking about matching earrings, or a nice bracelet - got her one before but its kinda shitty and tacky :p
Jesus, are you made of money?! £100 for Xmas present, £150 for Birthday...

My suggestion would be to get her the earrings, OR plan a really nice day out and giv eher lots of little presents through out the day. Though that would take a lot more effort and thought and would be hard to keep the day fun and 'movielike'.

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
Think of all the cool things you could buy with that moolah. :mad:

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
I know Sissy - but i wub her.

Ta Blith - think i might try that take her out idea like on a picnic and stuff.

Pick her up early to watch the sunrise, and romantic stuff like that.

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
Yea...waking up at 4am to watch the sunrise...she will just luuuuurve that. :p Try to arrange staying out all night to watch the sunrise instead or you will have a grouchy girlfriend for the rest of the day.

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
ill advise you not to bring her to london, this place is shit.

'Shy

One of Freddy's beloved
London sucks, she will hate it, trust me. Especially in June with the amount of tourists there will be :)

Romantic/fun suggestion: The Berkshire countryside and a weekend pass to Legoland :)

Romantic/relaxing suggestion: Bath, Salisbury, anywhere in the West Country, Kent, visit some castles and historic places of interest. I'd also suggest Edinburgh, but I guess that's too much like home to you guys :)

'Shy

One of Freddy's beloved
No, I meant Brynn and his gf -they are Scottish, silly :)

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
Flesh said:
Us guys?
You're not English 'Shy?
I think she means Brynn as he is scottish, shy is very much english. She lives in the same county as me.

Bath is very nice, problem is the travel would suck up loads of your money. Id stick to local things, go to a movie (unless you do that loads), go have a picnic, give her presents and stuff. Try to make it seem planned out yet spontaneous. Then, and only then, will she be appeased... :p

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
Don't go to a movie; that is very tacky. Either do something local or take her to a different country on the continent which would be much more romantic than some crud hole in England.

'Shy

One of Freddy's beloved
A weekend, or even a daytrip to Denmark would be manageable - check out www.ryanair.com, I'm pretty sure they fly from Glasgow.

Nothing like the element of surprise - tell her to pack a weekend bag, give a hint of what the weather will be like so she knows what to pack, and leave it at that. Don't give in when she begs you to tell her where you're going! :)

Ala

Fledgling Freddie
...and after all the days festivities surprise her with a kinky sex toy.....blow her mind and body....and make her crumble in a heap in eternal gratitude! :D

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Nuked said:
Paris for her birthday weekend.

I was going to suggest that. With cheap flights and a hotel for one night it's not that expensive, probably cheaper than travelling round this country.

Or dublin, but I'm biased like that.

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
Brynn said:
I could do with some advice, we have been going out for a year and 3 months. I thought about taking her down to London (however for her 18th she might want something like physical she could hold in her hands
that just made me crack up into laughter ....

Brynn said:
(however for her 18th she might want something like physical she could hold in her hands
classic .. does anyone else get it or is it just me ? he wants a bj lol

'Shy

One of Freddy's beloved
Paris is tacky. Take her to Gothenburg! Only 52p with Ryanair!

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Brynn said:
Its my Girlfriends 18th birthday in June (i know im starting early) and im wondering what to get her.

I must be worse than Conchabar I read the starting early as her being not quite 18 ;)

What sorta things is she into? clubbing? musicals? saving the rainforests? gothic architecture?

Paris might be good - but somewhere off the beaten track (Prague?) might appeal more - all depends on what she's like I guess (though at almost 18 I imagine anywhere foreign will be a treat unless she's been travelling a lot more than your average teen)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom