Presents For Dad

W

Will

Originally posted by DaGaffer
Anyone know of a PC company that sells internationally? I've been trying to get my folks a PC to be delivered to Cyprus but no bugger seems to do international deliveries of computers.
Might seem a bit off the wall, but Hoojum do. And the Cubit4 is totally stunning.

D

DaGaffer

Originally posted by Will
Might seem a bit off the wall, but Hoojum do. And the Cubit4 is totally stunning.

Ooh! Luverly. I'll get that, pay the £200 and send my Dad my Vaio! ;) Funnily enough Alienware seem to do international as well...

W

whipped

I got my dad a dance mat and a dancing game this year. Should make for some interesting boxing day fun as he has a heart attack from dancing to much ;)

E

Embattle

Originally posted by DaGaffer
Ooh! Luverly. I'll get that, pay the £200 and send my Dad my Vaio! ;) Funnily enough Alienware seem to do international as well...

Yeah they are lovely, got good reviews too but didn't realise they sent em internationally although I would like to point out that it'll still be nearly £140 to ship to Cyprus ;)

X

xane

Originally posted by whipped
I got my dad a dance mat and a dancing game this year. Should make for some interesting boxing day fun as he has a heart attack from dancing to much ;)

Better get him one of these as well then.

L

leggy

I just priced one of those hoojit jobs with all the gubbings and a 19" digital TFT.

£2041 :/

I'll pass for the time being.

W

Will

Originally posted by leggy
I just priced one of those hoojit jobs with all the gubbings and a 19" digital TFT.

£2041 :/

I'll pass for the time being.
Just buy the barebones and fill it in yourself from cheaper shops. But they do cost more than a similar Shuttle.

C

Cloowwwnnn

Originally posted by Wij
A phillipino bride ?
What? Like my mum was to my dad? She doesn't make bread... bread sucks. At least she learnt how to make Sunday roast tho :) Yummy yummy.

S

Summo

So... yeah.

Dams, either my brother or my dad is getting The "Pythons" Autobiography by the "Pythons" for Christmas. Despite being only £15, its a huge hardback book and the bits I flicked through in Waterstones were interesting and funny.

I was also reading Tragically I Was an Only Twin: The Comedy of Peter Cook which I'd love to receive, but I don't think my family are big on Cook, which is a shame since he's probably the funniest man EVAH!

Those links don't log you in to Amazon as me, do they? :uhoh:

Y

Yoni

because my dad has recieved such a large amount of crap of his five kids over the years he now makes a list (abit like reverse santa) and we get what we can off it. It usually consists of a load of books / CDs / puzzles and very occasionally something techy, like mini-fridge thing for his bedroom.

C

Cyfr

I make his pc work 356 days a year, what more could he need?

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by Summo
Those links don't log you in to Amazon as me, do they? :uhoh:
*buys lots of stuff with Summos credit card*

Weeee! Adult dvd section!

C

Custodian

I ask my Mum.
She always has a list of CDs, books, whisky brands he wants (this years its CDs).

She also supplies me with ideas for all the rest of the family as well. So glad I set her up on email :)

T

Trem

Originally posted by Summo

which is a shame since he's probably the funniest man EVAH!

MUST YOU ALWAYS SPEAK THE TRUTH!!

Cook is a genius!

S

sad_mung

Well since my dad is bed ridden (we hope to get him home before christmas) I've gotten him this little arcadey games thing that you plug into your tv. He did hint at something to keep him occupied.

Also if anyone knows or can obtain a "pre-release" (ahem) copy of the final LOTR film can you PM me please.
I know it's awful and illegal, and I'll probably get rapped by the big boys for asking, but my dad only has 3-4 months to live and he cannot get to the cinema. It's unlikely he will see this film at all and as he is such a fan of the series.....well you klnow where i'm going.

Cheers.

D

dysfunction

Originally posted by Jupitus
I'm a Dad and think that that's a load of bollox :)

I did say you could get some ideas from there...:p

N

nath

My Dad's impossible to buy for and to make matters worse, his birthday is a week before christmas.

This year seems to be ok though, I've gotten him a superbright LED torch (which he asked for), The Magnificent Seven on dvd since he was ranting about it a few months ago and for christmas I'm getting him one of those tv senders so he can watch sky in his bedroom. :D

J

Jupitus

Originally posted by nath
My Dad's impossible to buy for and to make matters worse, his birthday is a week before christmas.

This year seems to be ok though, I've gotten him a superbright LED torch (which he asked for), The Magnificent Seven on dvd since he was ranting about it a few months ago and for christmas I'm getting him one of those tv senders so he can watch sky in his bedroom. :D

This person has the right idea ... I'd be happy with all of those :)

J

Jonaldo

My dad asked for nothing, not that he didn't say 'anything' but he literally asked for 'nothing' this year :eek7: I'll get him a can of Stella or something :p if he's lucky it'll have the beer still in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom