Presents For Dad

D

Damini

What do you guys buy your Dad's for Christmas?

Yes, this thread is blatantly to steal ideas.

T

Trem

Got my dad a remote control car, its a yellow mini on account of him being a huge poof.

L

leggy

Last year I got him a Krups coffee/espresso maker.

Highly unoriginal but I get to use it everyday :D

This year I have absolutely no idea. He has started reading for the first time in his life so I'll more than likely exploit this new found passion for literature.

W

Wij

b33r.

Seriously. 2 24x boxes of San Miguel / Asahi and I'd consider 20 years investment in a daughter to have paid off.

E

Embattle

Nothing and I thought you would know Damini that most blokes are incapable of getting presents for others and often rely on mums, wife's, etc knowledge on the subject ;)

D

Damini

Yeah, everyone else I can buy for, but Dad is so hard to buy for. I'm thinking of going splits with my brother on a bread machine.

S

SilverHood

Originally posted by Wij
b33r.

Seriously. 2 24x boxes of San Miguel / Asahi and I'd consider 20 years investment in a daughter to have paid off.

:lol:

That made me chucke :)

L

leggy

Originally posted by Damini
Yeah, everyone else I can buy for, but Dad is so hard to buy for. I'm thinking of going splits with my brother on a bread machine.

Great idea in theory, but dad's are inherently lazy creatures.

"oooh I can make tonnes of exotic breads with this"

Months later, the only thing to have spawned from the bread maker is a lump of congealed flour and yeast.

T

Testin da Cable

I don't have a dad, but if I had one I'd prolly get him a Dremel (so I could use it ;))

D

Deadmanwalking

I got mine a new GPS Handheld last year :)

Im soo poor now though... token home made card it is.

E

Embattle

See Xane knows because he is...erm...more mature ;)

D

DaGaffer

I'm getting my Dad Call of Duty, coz his Dad's in it (sort of).

NB. Anyone know of a PC company that sells internationally? I've been trying to get my folks a PC to be delivered to Cyprus but no bugger seems to do international deliveries of computers.

T

Testin da Cable

I'm in the process of talking my gf into getting it for my birthday :)

E

Embattle

Originally posted by DaGaffer

NB. Anyone know of a PC company that sells internationally? I've been trying to get my folks a PC to be delivered to Cyprus but no bugger seems to do international deliveries of computers.

I doubt you'll find one since most companies require such large items to be sent to the cardholders address, why not just order it then send it on yourself?

T

Testin da Cable

Originally posted by xane
Got one for my 6 y.o. son !

(Well, I got my sister to get one for my 6 y.o. son)

did you get it locally? I'm a tad against paying for international delivery because I'm a tight bast :)

X

xane

Originally posted by Testin da Cable
did you get it locally? I'm a tad against paying for international delivery because I'm a tight bast :)

From firebox.com.

There must be a Dutch version amongst all the online bong shops ?

D

DaGaffer

Originally posted by Embattle
I doubt you'll find one since most companies require such large items to be sent to the cardholders address, why not just order it then send it on yourself?

Because delivery charges for delivery from one domestic address to another would be about £200! I was kind of hoping that one of these so-called 'European' e-commerce co's like Dell would actually have the ability to deliver throughout Europe but I was foolishly mistaken. I blew the guy in Delhi's script right out of the water when I called Dell, and when I tried Sony (expensive I know but I was getting desperate) my request made their website have some kind of seizure...:(

C

Cloowwwnnn

I got my brother a bread maker last year :eek:

S

Sibanac

I usualy go for a case of wine, I get to drink half of it in the next week anyway :)

E

Embattle

Because delivery charges for delivery from one domestic address to another would be about £200! I was kind of hoping that one of these so-called 'European' e-commerce co's like Dell would actually have the ability to deliver throughout Europe but I was foolishly mistaken. I blew the guy in Delhi's script right out of the water when I called Dell, and when I tried Sony (expensive I know but I was getting desperate) my request made their website have some kind of seizure...:(

I thought it might be expensive considering the weight...but wow thats a lot :eek:

I guess that might be another reason they don't do it and other problems like warranties etc :(

L

~Lazarus~

Tried HP?

T

talen_sun

Got my dad a pair of Thigh Waders.

Don't laugh, he's a Fly-fisherman, who currently holds the record for his local reservior for the biggest trout caught this season. (Anyone mentions my mother gets a slap)

In fact, heres some pre-emtive slaps...

*slap*
<slap>
<Slap>
**SLAP**

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom